Welcome, Guest

Daily Quote - Be Inspired
(0 viewing) 
Getting out of Isolation and connecting with others is an important part of recovery. This board is for non-addiction related threads, where members exchange jokes, have fun - and drink Lechayim Together!

TOPIC: Daily Quote - Be Inspired 154374 Views

Re: Daily Quote - Be Inspired 09 Aug 2016 22:02 #293598

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
1467168806314.jpg
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories
STORY TIME :)

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking) (The Rebba R' Bards)

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: Daily Quote - Be Inspired 09 Aug 2016 23:36 #293608

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
stillgoing wrote:
1467168806314.jpg

That's an extremely Aspie thing to say

Do you know they say Einstein was aspergers
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story
Last Edit: 09 Aug 2016 23:37 by Markz.

Re: Daily Quote - Be Inspired 10 Aug 2016 16:54 #293642

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
1469743842516.jpg
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: Daily Quote - Be Inspired 11 Aug 2016 19:20 #293705

• doingtshuva
  • Platinum Boarder
Chazak!!!!!!!!!
 *  NO, It's not all or nothing, just every bit counts!
 *  I failed yesterday, and I might fail tomorrow. But just for today I'm going to give it a try.
 *  Being curios made me lust and get into trouble.

אָמַר רבי יוחנן: אֵבֶר קָטָן יֵשׁ לוֹ לָאָדָם, מַרְעִיבוֹ = שָׂבֵעַ, מַשְׂבִּיעוֹ = רָעֵב

Gye program + Handbook  -  Taphsik method  -  90 day chart  -  Ebooks  -  Shiurim  -  Rabbi Dr. Avraham Twerski  -  Recent topics on the Forum

Re: Daily Quote - Be Inspired 12 Aug 2016 00:45 #293721

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
1467169065202.jpg
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: Daily Quote - Be Inspired 12 Aug 2016 08:29 #293737

• doingtshuva
  • Platinum Boarder
Will it be the same for Addiction to appreciate freedom?
 *  I failed yesterday, and I might fail tomorrow. But just for today I'm going to give it a try.

אָמַר רבי יוחנן: אֵבֶר קָטָן יֵשׁ לוֹ לָאָדָם, מַרְעִיבוֹ = שָׂבֵעַ, מַשְׂבִּיעוֹ = רָעֵב

Gye program + Handbook  -  Taphsik method  -  90 day chart  -  Ebooks  -  Shiurim  -  Rabbi Dr. Avraham Twerski  -  Recent topics on the Forum

Re: Daily Quote - Be Inspired 23 Aug 2016 15:32 #294279

• thanks613
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Gold Boarder
A taste of Freedom may also help to appreciate the pits of addiction.

Re: Daily Quote - Be Inspired 06 Sep 2016 13:16 #294796

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
"Come look, my grandchildren," Grandpa called.
"Come see this boat that I built."
We all crowed around the tall gleaming vessel, it's sparkling white walls reflecting the waves of the sea as if saying "let's get moving already" The ship's name 'safety' was proudly displayed on one side.
"This ship is called safety" Grandpa said "because I did everything that I could to ensure it's utmost safety. I took all possible precautions to insure that it will never sink. Now listen carefully my children. There is only one more thing that I could have done which would have guaranteed the safety of the boat, and that is to keep it at the dock. To never take it out to sea. Then I'll Know that it's really safe, but.. that's not what boats were made for, is it."
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: Daily Quote - Be Inspired 07 Sep 2016 21:31 #294891

• thanks613
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Gold Boarder
All food tastes better when you're hungry.

Re: Daily Quote - Be Inspired 08 Sep 2016 19:22 #294912

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
thanks613 wrote on 07 Sep 2016 21:31:
All food tastes better when you're hungry.

Deep stuff. Thanks.
When we are lusting, all sights and thoughts are tempting, as opposed to when we are not fighting we can walk by lots of things without a second glance and be fine.
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: Daily Quote - Be Inspired 08 Sep 2016 21:03 #294913

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder

The following is longer then the usual daily quote, but it's so good, that I'm going to risk posting it.

The addiction is often a sign that we are missing some of the most basic principles of what it means to be a human being, created in the image of Hashem. Even animals don’t abuse their desires and fall into addictions. In these areas, we have fallen even lower than animals.

Although it may be hard to admit this, the emotional maturity of an addict can often be at the level of a two year old. When we don’t get what we want, we feel like crying, kicking and screaming. We never learned how to deal properly with pain, anxiety, resentment, stress or anger. We have always used the addiction to hide inside ourselves, and we refrained from mature emotional interaction with others. While our peers were growing up and learning about life from the world around them, we were zoning out into our fantasy worlds of self-pleasure and escape. And so we often remained as emotionally immature as a little child.

In order to really begin to heal at the source, we must learn the most basic moral principles again from scratch. Fundamentals such as rigorous honesty in all our affairs, an honest personal accounting, complete trust in Hashem, true humility, and a sincere willingness to make amends with those we have harmed, and to surrender our will to Hashem. These principles are so basic, that even the non-Jewish drunks of AA are able to relate to them, and by working through a program of these principles (The 12-Steps) they often succeed in turning their entire lives around and becoming “Men of G-d.” Besides for step 1, the 12-Steps don’t even mention the addiction (drinking, acting out or whatever the addiction may be). The steps are all about learning how to think right and to live right.

Rabbi Twerski once wrote as follows about someone who was convinced he could never give up these behaviors:

His conviction that he cannot overcome the addiction is the addiction talking to him, saying, “Give up the fight, it’s useless. You’ll never succeed, so why put yourself through the misery.” Other than just try to stop, what has this young man done to make essential changes in his character? That’s where one should begin.

I attended an AA meeting where the speaker was celebrating his 20th year of sobriety. He began by saying, “The man I once was, drank. And the man I once was, will drink again” (but the man I am today, will not). Alcoholics who have not had a drink for many years but have not overhauled their character are “dry drunks” and will often drink again. The same is true for this addiction.

How does one become a different person? By working diligently on improving one’s character traits. Learning how to manage anger, to rid oneself of resentments, to overcome hate, to be humble, to be considerate of others, to be absolutely honest in all one’s affairs, to admit being wrong, to overcome envy, to be diligent and overcome procrastination. In short, one should take the Orchos Tzaddikim (I’m sure it’s available in English), and go down the list of character traits, strengthening the good one’s and trying to eliminate the bad ones. This does not happen quickly. When one has transformed one’s character and has become a different person, one will find that this “new person” can accomplish things that the old person could not.

BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories

613stillgoing@gmail.com
Last Edit: 08 Sep 2016 21:09 by stillgoing.

Re: Daily Quote - Be Inspired 12 Sep 2016 09:54 #294992

• doingtshuva
  • Platinum Boarder
The man I once was ................. but the man I am today....................

Thanks

Re: Daily Quote - Be Inspired 14 Sep 2016 01:23 #295069

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
let my people go
6a00d8345263cd69e201bb0883593f970d.jpg
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story
Last Edit: 14 Sep 2016 01:26 by Markz.

Re: Daily Quote - Be Inspired 18 Sep 2016 14:21 #295249

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
1461622432653.jpg
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: Daily Quote - Be Inspired 22 Sep 2016 17:09 #295486

• cordnoy
Life's BAD WORD REMOVED impacts us in a manner far beyond its glory moments.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.
Time to create page: 0.85 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes