Welcome, Guest

PETITION AGAINST SPLITTING UP THE WEBSITE
(0 viewing) 
This is a board for all the important threads that we don't want to get lost among the others :-)

TOPIC: PETITION AGAINST SPLITTING UP THE WEBSITE 22055 Views

Re: PETITION AGAINST SPLITTING UP THE WEBSITE 16 May 2017 02:52 #313254

I don't know exactly how a split site would look. Nonetheless, I think I can (un) safely say that I vote for keeping it as is. I think this hocus pocus label of addict is dangerous anyway.

(Un) Humbly, 

Ihave(the ultimate)strength 
If you are really bored, you can check out my original thread here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/305558-Journey-of-one-day-at-a-time 

"Think good and it will be good!"

Re: PETITION AGAINST SPLITTING UP THE WEBSITE 16 May 2017 02:58 #313256

• shlomo24
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Markz wrote on 15 May 2017 12:10:
Guys you're wasting your time

Please sign on the dotted lion below and move on

"I am powerful against lust (non addict)
I am powerless against stupid ideas

Signed
Markz"

Shlomo
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Email: iam24zman@gmail.com

Re: PETITION AGAINST SPLITTING UP THE WEBSITE 16 May 2017 09:01 #313270

• GrowStrong
  • Current streak: 2153 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • OMAAT
Here is my 2c.
You guys are thinking about all the non-addicts that might not get the help they need.
But what about the addicts.
For example, sending the addicts to do TaphSik could push off their recovery for a few more months.
With the right method and system in place this is something that should be able to help all addicts and addicted non-addicts.
While there are tools that work for non-addicts that don't work for addicts there are many tools that don't work for addicts that work for non-addicts. (thats the same thing i think but anyways)
So reorganizing the sites tools with that in mind could actually be of a lot of use for the addicts that get to the site.
Having said that, one would expect more weight to be put on the 12 steps for the addict side of the fence.
Starting with the right form of questionnaire to direct the person to the side of the fence that will help them more from the get go won't be easy. Good luck to the guy that's going to create that one.
It is fully confirmed that this 'split' has nothing to do with the forum.

Re: PETITION AGAINST SPLITTING UP THE WEBSITE 16 May 2017 09:29 #313272

• cordnoy
GrowStrong wrote on 16 May 2017 09:01:
Here is my 2c.
You guys are thinking about all the non-addicts that might not get the help they need.
But what about the addicts.
For example, sending the addicts to do TaphSik could push off their recovery for a few more months.
With the right method and system in place this is something that should be able to help all addicts and addicted non-addicts.
While there are tools that work for non-addicts that don't work for addicts there are many tools that don't work for addicts that work for non-addicts. (thats the same thing i think but anyways)
So reorganizing the sites tools with that in mind could actually be of a lot of use for the addicts that get to the site.
Having said that, one would expect more weight to be put on the 12 steps for the addict side of the fence.
Starting with the right form of questionnaire to direct the person to the side of the fence that will help them more from the get go won't be easy. Good luck to the guy that's going to create that one.
It is fully confirmed that this 'split' has nothing to do with the forum.

II don't know why a site needs to be split to get that accomplished (not that I agree, but going with your chiluk). Just have them write that chopsticks are for non addicts and 12 steps are for addicts.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: PETITION AGAINST SPLITTING UP THE WEBSITE 16 May 2017 10:07 #313273

• GrowStrong
  • Platinum Boarder
  • OMAAT
Yes that would be a good start I agree

Re: PETITION AGAINST SPLITTING UP THE WEBSITE 16 May 2017 12:51 #313287

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
GYE says there is an issue at hand. Maybe if we can come up with another eitzah, it won't be necessary to split the site. They are getting many complaints from people who come to the site and wish to get better. Either they don't need 12 steps or they are not yet ready for 12 steps. As they explore the site, specifically the partner program and the forum they find themselves being very intimidated (by well intentioned people who do not realize how they are coming across). And many of them leave. Maybe the more cynical among us will say, "Well that means they have not yet hit rock bottom and therefore are not yet ready to work". That my friends, is simply not true. GYE feels a responsibility to help all of us in our own personal struggles. There is no one size fits all mehalech. Some need a soft patient approach, others appreciate a more challenging thought provoking one. Some need SA and 12 steps, others simply do not. Let's try to figure out a way this issue can be resolved so they do not need to split the site. Otherwise, although you and i may gain from everyone's collective wisdom, the needs of so many others who are not receiving the help they need, may force GYE to make the split.  Suggestions?
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: PETITION AGAINST SPLITTING UP THE WEBSITE 16 May 2017 13:12 #313289

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Hashem Help Me wrote on 16 May 2017 12:51:
GYE says there is an issue at hand. Maybe if we can come up with another eitzah, it won't be necessary to split the site. They are getting many complaints from people who come to the site and wish to get better. Either they don't need 12 steps or they are not yet ready for 12 steps. As they explore the site, specifically the partner program and the forum they find themselves being very intimidated (by well intentioned people who do not realize how they are coming across). And many of them leave. Maybe the more cynical among us will say, "Well that means they have not yet hit rock bottom and therefore are not yet ready to work". That my friends, is simply not true. GYE feels a responsibility to help all of us in our own personal struggles. There is no one size fits all mehalech. Some need a soft patient approach, others appreciate a more challenging thought provoking one. Some need SA and 12 steps, others simply do not. Let's try to figure out a way this issue can be resolved so they do not need to split the site. Otherwise, although you and i may gain from everyone's collective wisdom, the needs of so many others who are not receiving the help they need, may force GYE to make the split.  Suggestions?

Here's my suggestion

There are 25 regular posters
There are 250 irregular posters

Can you or the admin please identify the perpetrators that push others to 12 steps?

Is there a spinning "12 Step" banner on every page of GYE?
In that case there will need to be 3 websites

1) Pro 12 Step
2) Anti 12 Step
3) Tap Dancers

Or maybe you meant something else?

You know what? Time to bump a nice old thread...
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story
Last Edit: 16 May 2017 13:21 by Markz.

Re: PETITION AGAINST SPLITTING UP THE WEBSITE 16 May 2017 14:38 #313298

• cordnoy

This also contradicts the assertion that the forum will not be split. Accordin' to your explanation, the forum is one of the two primary problems.

II actually think that the private messagin' option might be the most detrimental part of the site, for then, people with skewered opinions are not fact checked.

Bottom line, this site is better than the sites we used to belong to.

Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

Re: PETITION AGAINST SPLITTING UP THE WEBSITE 16 May 2017 20:47 #313349

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Markz wrote on 16 May 2017 13:12:

Here's my suggestion

There are 25 regular posters
There are 250 irregular posters

Can you or the admin please identify the perpetrators that push others to 12 steps?

Is there a spinning "12 Step" banner on every page of GYE?
In that case there will need to be 3 websites

1) Pro 12 Step
2) Anti 12 Step
3) Tap Dancers

Or maybe you meant something else?

You know what? Time to bump a nice old thread...

Why is it necessary to be cynical? Don't we all want to help as many people as possible? Are people entitled to their opinions? If the guard said people are uncomfortable, do you think he is making it up?

Cordnoy, what you write about PM may truly be a cause of the issue. Anybody, in whatever state of recovery he is in can write whatever he wants to whomever he wants. I think the oilam should put their energy into helping the guard uncover and deal with the issue, and in that way prevent the split.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: PETITION AGAINST SPLITTING UP THE WEBSITE 16 May 2017 21:00 #313352

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
I was not being cynical

I believe you hit the nail on the head when you say
"they find themselves being very intimidated"
many people have the intimidation bug, even when chatting with a friendly brother here

I can identify old time members here that this applies to

Why is a separate website the solution? And more importantly, how is it a solution?

There's so many questions, and the few answers don't answer anything imho
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: PETITION AGAINST SPLITTING UP THE WEBSITE 16 May 2017 21:08 #313355

• cordnoy
HHM,

Thank you.

I don't plan on doin' anythin'.

If someone asks my opinion, I will answer. There are deep issues and players here that cause me stress when I get involved. Recovery has taught me to keep my distance.

I said my piece here several times. The first mention of signin' a petition was by none other.

Keep up the passion and good work.

B'hatzlachah

Last Edit: 16 May 2017 21:12 by cordnoy.

Re: PETITION AGAINST SPLITTING UP THE WEBSITE 16 May 2017 21:56 #313363

• mesayin
  • Current streak: 50 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • הבא ליטהר מסייעין אותו
I may have another idea.

Perhaps insert a setting in where the creator of the thread only allows certain users to see it and if it is a new user then there should be a choice for example that only platinum boarders can see it.

The benefits would be as follows:

1. No trollers or stupid heads are putting in there crooked opinions.
2. The creator can be more honest with his posts and doesn't have to worry about some shmow reading it.
My thread/My story

Slogans and Sayings

Relapses and falling are inevitable, the challenge is getting up.

Tzaddikim are the not the ones that don't fall, they are the ones that fall constantly and get up constantly.

Feel free to contact me anytime through private message or chat.

Chizzuk emails by Rabbi Duvid Ashear shlita that can change your day subscribe now.

Check out my powerful tefila.

Depressed? Check out some of my jokes

Re: PETITION AGAINST SPLITTING UP THE WEBSITE 16 May 2017 22:00 #313365

• GrowStrong
  • Platinum Boarder
  • OMAAT
Mesayin wrote on 16 May 2017 21:56:
I may have another idea.

Perhaps insert a setting in where the creator of the thread only allows certain users to see it and if it is a new user then there should be a choice for example that only platinum boarders can see it.

2. The creator can be more honest with his posts and doesn't have to worry about some shmow reading it.

Thats regarding the forum which is not being split up and is remaining the same.

Re: PETITION AGAINST SPLITTING UP THE WEBSITE 16 May 2017 22:02 #313366

• mesayin
  • Current streak: 50 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • הבא ליטהר מסייעין אותו
GrowStrong wrote on 16 May 2017 22:00:

I may have another idea.

Thats regarding the forum which is not being split up and is remaining the same.

Exactly, instead of splitting it, make modifications to it.
My thread/My story

Slogans and Sayings

Relapses and falling are inevitable, the challenge is getting up.

Tzaddikim are the not the ones that don't fall, they are the ones that fall constantly and get up constantly.

Feel free to contact me anytime through private message or chat.

Chizzuk emails by Rabbi Duvid Ashear shlita that can change your day subscribe now.

Check out my powerful tefila.

Depressed? Check out some of my jokes

Re: PETITION AGAINST SPLITTING UP THE WEBSITE 16 May 2017 22:06 #313368

• GrowStrong
  • Platinum Boarder
  • OMAAT
Mesayin wrote on 16 May 2017 22:02:

GrowStrong wrote on 16 May 2017 22:00:

I may have another idea.

Exactly, instead of splitting it, make modifications to it.

But the discussion is about the GYE site, not the GYE forum!
Time to create page: 0.79 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes