Welcome, Guest

MAKE KARMA GREAT AGAIN'!
(0 viewing) 
This is a board for all the important threads that we don't want to get lost among the others :-)

TOPIC: MAKE KARMA GREAT AGAIN'! 27925 Views

Re: MAKE KARMA GREAT AGAIN'! 02 Jan 2017 19:56 #301851

• shlomo24
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Markz wrote on 02 Jan 2017 19:04:

Shlomo24 wrote:
That sucks. It's your decision but there's kind of a greater good here. I'm waiting until you come back.

Yes it sucks that I'm the only one who knows how to Karma now

I added 1 to Watson yesterday and 1 to cordnoy now

Crisis averted cos I heard mr Karma is coming back sooner than you think...

I'm horribly insulted.
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Email: iam24zman@gmail.com

Re: MAKE KARMA GREAT AGAIN'! 02 Jan 2017 20:03 #301854

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1226 days
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey Mark you only waited one hour. Do you come from Amsterdam?
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: MAKE KARMA GREAT AGAIN'! 02 Jan 2017 20:06 #301855

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Shlomo24 wrote:

Markz wrote:

Shlomo24 wrote:
That sucks. It's your decision but there's kind of a greater good here. I'm waiting until you come back.

I'm horribly insulted.

Chill - I may have given you more than your mama has

But hey you answered my question

Cos I was wondering maybe it's a nicer thing if the recipient is notified who karma'd him? But on 2nd thought, maybe it's good to keep the silencer on my truck 
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: MAKE KARMA GREAT AGAIN'! 02 Jan 2017 20:15 #301857

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Gevura Shebyesod wrote:
Hey Mark you only waited one hour. Do you come from Amsterdam?

According to my limited knowledge one does not have to wait anytime after eating Treif - as leaving gye is not a kosher endeavor and it was only decided upon due to a more serious non kosher happenstance taking place under our nose - with no one sneezing besides for...

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: MAKE KARMA GREAT AGAIN'! 02 Jan 2017 20:36 #301860

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1226 days
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
Markz wrote on 02 Jan 2017 20:06:

Shlomo24 wrote:

Markz wrote:

Shlomo24 wrote:

I'm horribly insulted.

Chill - I may have given you more than your mama has

But hey you answered my question

Cos I was wondering maybe it's a nicer thing if the recipient is notified who karma'd him? But on 2nd thought, maybe it's good to keep the silencer on my truck 

And on your sniper rifle
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: MAKE KARMA GREAT AGAIN'! 03 Jan 2017 02:34 #301905

• shua73
  • Current streak: 161 days
  • Gold Boarder
NNothing personal towards anyone who posted here - therefore no quote in my post. But last I checked this is a forum, not a helpline. People don't get punished for not following advice. It's irrelevant how wonderful the advice was.
smile

You can't make everyone happy, you are not pizza.

Re: MAKE KARMA GREAT AGAIN'! 03 Jan 2017 03:04 #301913

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
shua73 wrote on 03 Jan 2017 02:34:
Nothing personal towards anyone who posted here - therefore no quote in my post. But last I checked this is a forum, not a helpline. People don't get punished for not following advice. It's irrelevant how wonderful the advice was.

Mucho Refreshing!
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories
STORY TIME :)

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking) (The Rebba R' Bards)

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: MAKE KARMA GREAT AGAIN'! 03 Jan 2017 03:27 #301915

• cordnoy
NNothing personal towards anyone who posted here - therefore no quote in my post. But last I checked this is a forum, not a helpline. People don't get punished for not following advice. It's irrelevant how wonderful the advice was.

II like short posts.
I like cryptic ones.
I also like takin' shots.

This one seemed to have all three, but I don'tI get it. I even read the second halfI of the thread again.

Care to explain please?
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: MAKE KARMA GREAT AGAIN'! 03 Jan 2017 04:03 #301927

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
cordnoy wrote on 02 Jan 2017 11:07:
Watson wrote on 02 Jan 2017 08:43:
A short while ago one of our fellow members appeared to be very dismissive of the advice of others on the forum. The only thing that got his attention was that his karma went down, which I think may of helped him in the long run. So I think minus karma has its uses too.

It might have gotten his attention, but he didn't get the message.
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories
STORY TIME :)

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking) (The Rebba R' Bards)

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: MAKE KARMA GREAT AGAIN'! 03 Jan 2017 04:06 #301929

• shlomo24
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder

I LOVE THIS!!!
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Email: iam24zman@gmail.com

Re: MAKE KARMA GREAT AGAIN'! 03 Jan 2017 04:14 #301936

• cordnoy
stillgoing wrote on 03 Jan 2017 04:03:

cordnoy wrote on 02 Jan 2017 11:07:

Watson wrote on 02 Jan 2017 08:43:
A short while ago one of our fellow members appeared to be very dismissive of the advice of others on the forum. The only thing that got his attention was that his karma went down, which I think may of helped him in the long run. So I think minus karma has its uses too.

It might have gotten his attention, but he didn't get the message.

Once again, I will let the mechaber explain himself.

II do thank you for pointin' out the post he was referencin'I.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: MAKE KARMA GREAT AGAIN'! 03 Jan 2017 07:00 #301959

• shua73
  • Current streak: 161 days
  • Gold Boarder
cordnoy wrote on 03 Jan 2017 03:27:

II like short posts.
I like cryptic ones.
I also like takin' shots.

This one seemed to have all three, but I don'tI get it. I even read the second halfI of the thread again.

Care to explain please?

TThank you Shlomo and Stillgoing for helping me out. I apologize for sticking my nose in here without being asked. However, I would like to add another point to this discussion. I have found for myself that I love to help people. However, I have found that when I am helping others, there are times that I am offering advice for the others benefit only, and there are times that I want to be the one helping them. In other words, the distinction rests on whether I care who helps him as long as he grows or if i want to specifically be the one helping him bc i feel that i have something that he needs from me. While l try to make sure before I give advice that I am doing it solely for the other's benefit, I find that once I am involved it is much harder for me to distinguish between being too involved and what is sufficient for the other person's growth irrelevant to my personal negios to be involved. Honestly, in my own personal relationships, I have no unbiased way of determining whether I am too involved or not. This is ANOTHER reason that minus karma is dangerous. When I feel that someone is not listening to my advice on an anonymous forum, I may be judging him through my colored lenses and through my thinking that I am helping him, actually take away from him something that he uses as a barometer for his status and ultimately his self worth, and instead harming him through my trying to help.

Being as this is an anonymous forum, generally, it is very difficult to truly get another person's situation and be able to judge him. We can only give over that which we have seen works in our personal struggles and in those of others whom we are intimately familiar. Also, many of us are not here because we love being where we are. Many people post because they need validation as they are feeling terrible about themselves. Even as they continue to post, their self esteem doesn't shoot up that fast. While people may be difficult and argue with all the great advice that others are offering, they are using this as a place to find themselves. They have presumably experienced enough negativity for their problems that more negativity will distance them and harm them more. I can keep on going but I think the picture makes sense now.

Thanks for listening and if anyone disagrees with me please tell me. I have gained immensely by reading other's insights on the forums.
smile

You can't make everyone happy, you are not pizza.

Re: MAKE KARMA GREAT AGAIN'! 03 Jan 2017 08:32 #301962

• Singularity
  • Current streak: 72 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • To write, or not to write?
In another topic I made a jab at the karma system after I saw someone post that he almost slipped because people downed his karma.

OK it's not our responsibility and yes it's his fault that it let it get to him, but do we authorise it? Does even one fall justify a karma system? Not sure.

But then where do you draw the line?

Thanks Shua. Very insightful.
"Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his sobriety level?"
"... It's over NINE-ZEROOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

One day... At A Time :-D

Introduce Yourself and get a free karma point from yours truley!
My Thread

Re: MAKE KARMA GREAT AGAIN'! 03 Jan 2017 12:02 #301988

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Singularity wrote:
In another topic I made a jab at the karma system after I saw someone post that he almost slipped because people downed his karma.

OK it's not our responsibility and yes it's his fault that it let it get to him, but do we authorise it? Does even one fall justify a karma system? Not sure.

But then where do you draw the line?

Thanks Shua. Very insightful.

So in place of minus karma, I spoke up and then the guy stopped posting all together

THIS IS PRECISELY WHY WE NEED THE MINUS KARMA IN PLACE but since public opinion is against it, its gonna rip and I may be more outspoken sometimes, because, for the same price my karma can't be negated either...

I may be outspoken to the guy SHUA is standing up for too, because although he doesn't deserve the minuses he received, nevertheless I have some comments to make which he may not like, even though I've made those same comments to many others with positive results...

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: MAKE KARMA GREAT AGAIN'! 03 Jan 2017 13:41 #301994

• trouble
  • Platinum Boarder
I won't raise or deduct.

I will speak my mind (or whatever is left of it) though.
i'm all about that (substantial) bass, no trouble ....

if you're looking for trouble, you can email me @trouble69gye@outlook.com
Time to create page: 0.92 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes