Welcome, Guest

Navigating the ocean of my life
(0 viewing) 
If you've made progress - thank G-d, double your merit by inspiring others as well! Post the tips and advice that worked best for you in your journey to sobriety or tell us about recommendations you heard from others that work.

TOPIC: Navigating the ocean of my life 4024 Views

Re: Navigating the ocean of my life 30 Jul 2024 15:52 #418071

• chosemyshem
  • Platinum Boarder
Heeling wrote on 30 Jul 2024 15:39:

redfaced wrote on 30 Jul 2024 15:27:

Heeling wrote on 30 Jul 2024 15:23:
A quick Google search tells me that the following are some foods Harry Potter prefers - eggs, bacon, rolls, sausage, black and white pudding, and kippers

I'll try to get them on the menu for next time. 

No butterbeer????  A chocolate frog or two???

Are chocolate frogs Badatz Hechsher? And is the chocolate dairy? If yes, is it  Cholov Yisroel?

This guy's serving bacon and blood kiegel but won't eat the chocolate frogs because they're OU-D?? 

Re: Navigating the ocean of my life 30 Jul 2024 15:57 #418074

• redfaced
  • Current streak: 517 days
  • Platinum Boarder
chosemyshem wrote on 30 Jul 2024 15:52:

A quick Google search tells me that the following are some foods Harry Potter prefers - eggs, bacon, rolls, sausage, black and white pudding, and kippers

Are chocolate frogs Badatz Hechsher? And is the chocolate dairy? If yes, is it  Cholov Yisroel?

This guy's serving bacon and blood kiegel but won't eat the chocolate frogs because they're OU-D?? 

He's fleishigs!!!
May you slide down the banister of happiness and get many splinters of success up your career

Feel free to send me an owl, a howler, or even a Crumple-Horned Snorkack to Iamredfaced@gmail.com

The Red Face

Re: Navigating the ocean of my life 30 Jul 2024 15:57 #418075

• Heeling
  • Current streak: 73 days
  • Platinum Boarder

Btw, I am really clueless to everything about Harry Potter but based on redfaced avator, i imagined an actually frog [live or dead, makes no diff] dipped in chocolate.....
You can win the fight, but I'll have to live with the loser.

Any excuse you use for yourself, you must be willing to use for your wife.

Not Always can I understand others, but I can always respect their wishes.

You're human, it's okay.

One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.

Re: Navigating the ocean of my life 30 Jul 2024 16:00 #418077

• redfaced
  • Platinum Boarder
Heeling wrote on 30 Jul 2024 15:57:

Btw, I am really clueless to everything about Harry Potter but based on redfaced avator, i imagined an actually frog [live or dead, makes no diff] dipped in chocolate.....

You mean that's not what I've been eating ? What was that crunch?
May you slide down the banister of happiness and get many splinters of success up your career

Feel free to send me an owl, a howler, or even a Crumple-Horned Snorkack to Iamredfaced@gmail.com

The Red Face

Re: Navigating the ocean of my life 30 Jul 2024 16:16 #418080

• amevakesh
  • Current streak: 428 days
  • Gold Boarder

Of course not! Cholov Stam? Chas V'Sholom! Personally, I think there's no better way to celebrate the shedding of the last vestiges of our hypocrisy! Chocolate frogs. Yum! Although I think deep fried spiders are even better. Gotta love that crunch! Obviously, only if they're נקי מחשש תולעים!
Last Edit: 30 Jul 2024 16:42 by amevakesh.

Re: Navigating the ocean of my life 30 Jul 2024 17:40 #418105

• Muttel
  • Current streak: 142 days
  • Platinum Boarder
amevakesh wrote on 30 Jul 2024 15:19:
Nestled in the the shadows of that great citadel of study, friends met, to learn, to share, and to gain from each other. They were soon joined by another, and then another. Hugs all around, ideas exchanged, topics discussed, experiences shared. Walked away fortified. T'was a huge Chizzuk for me!
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

I was getting ready to respond that I'm insulted that I wasn't invited to the party! Given I got a private audience, I shouldn't complain!

Looking forward to the day we can have a mass GYE gathering! (my DW who thinks I'm on GYE strictly to mentor - clueless to my past struggles - asked me yesterday - "why doesn't HHM arrange for a Shabbaton for his staff of mentors??" Next is going to be her question of "where is the paycheck???)

Muttel
We're in this struggle together; feel free to reach out! 
Muttel15@gmail.com

Feel free to call/text! (908) 251-9590 (google)

Check out my thread here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/413043-My-ENTIRE-story#413043

Re: Navigating the ocean of my life 30 Jul 2024 17:45 #418108

• chosemyshem
  • Platinum Boarder
Muttel wrote on 30 Jul 2024 17:40:

I was getting ready to respond that I'm insulted that I wasn't invited to the party! Given I got a private audience, I shouldn't complain!

Looking forward to the day we can have a mass GYE gathering! (my DW who thinks I'm on GYE strictly to mentor - clueless to my past struggles - asked me yesterday - "why doesn't HHM arrange for a Shabbaton for his staff of mentors??" Next is going to be her question of "where is the paycheck???)

Muttel

I wasn't invited to the party, didn't get no private audience, and worst of all, didn't get no snacks!

I would like to see a GYE shabbaton. Would be quite a trip.

Re: Navigating the ocean of my life 30 Jul 2024 17:45 #418109

• Heeling
  • Platinum Boarder

amevakesh wrote on 30 Jul 2024 15:19:
Nestled in the the shadows of that great citadel of study, friends met, to learn, to share, and to gain from each other. They were soon joined by another, and then another. Hugs all around, ideas exchanged, topics discussed, experiences shared. Walked away fortified. T'was a huge Chizzuk for me!

Muttel

I thought you went to get some chocolate frogs but couldn't find one that's Cholov Yisroel so you decided to cancel on us...

You're human, it's okay.

Re: Navigating the ocean of my life 30 Jul 2024 17:47 #418110

• yiftach
  • Current streak: 281 days
  • Gold Boarder
I wasn't invited to the party, 

The betrayal is painful, huh? Feeling your/our pain. 
Looking forward to get to know you better! 

Email me @ yiftach1609@gmail.com or call/text 347-201-4989 (Google voice)

My story is unfolding here
"יפתח ה' לך את אוצרו הטוב"

Re: Navigating the ocean of my life 30 Jul 2024 18:07 #418112

• redfaced
  • Platinum Boarder
amevakesh wrote on 30 Jul 2024 16:16:

Of course not! Cholov Stam? Chas V'Sholom! Personally, I think there's no better way to celebrate the shedding of the last vestiges of our hypocrisy! Chocolate frogs. Yum! Although I think deep fried spiders are even better. Gotta love that crunch! Obviously, only if they're נקי מחשש תולעים!

You would seriously EAT Aragog?!

The Red Face

Re: Navigating the ocean of my life 30 Jul 2024 18:10 #418113

• proudyungerman
  • Current streak: 272 days
  • Platinum Boarder
yiftach wrote on 30 Jul 2024 17:47:

I'll definitely chime in on this one...Ummm...YES! So much for the "GYE Family"...
chosemyshem wrote on 30 Jul 2024 17:45:

Muttel

I wasn't invited to the party, didn't get no private audience, and worst of all, didn't get no snacks!

I'm in!

And from what I remember, Heeling offered to host...
Last Edit: 30 Jul 2024 18:11 by proudyungerman.

Re: Navigating the ocean of my life 30 Jul 2024 18:15 #418114

• Heeling
  • Platinum Boarder
proudyungerman wrote on 30 Jul 2024 18:10:

I'll definitely chime in on this one...Ummm...YES! So much for the "GYE Family"...

Muttel

I'm in!

PLEASE LEAVE YOURS FROGS AT HOME!!!!!!!!!!

You're human, it's okay.

Re: Navigating the ocean of my life 30 Jul 2024 18:15 #418115

• iwannalivereal
  • Current streak: 383 days
  • Expert Boarder
Hey who said u guys weren't invited - I'm pretty sure all the onlookers knew exactly what was going on, having a GYE meeting... I mean amevakesh said practically on top of his lungs I'm here meeting with iwannalivereal. Can't get any less obvious than that. Whoever wanted to join could've, no complaining.
Feel free to say hi! iwannalivereal@gmail.com
Check out my story here!

Re: Navigating the ocean of my life 30 Jul 2024 18:42 #418118

• vehkam
  • Current streak: 1019 days
  • Platinum Boarder
proudyungerman wrote on 30 Jul 2024 18:10:

Muttel

I'm in!

im happy to host a bbq anytime....
vehkam7@gmail.com

guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/375452-Work-in-progress

The Battle of the Generation by Hillel S. has been a huge help for me.  Message me to find out how you can receive a free copy.

some of the experiences I write about may make it easier to identify me.  This is ok.  I trust that if anyone discovers my identity they will keep it to themselves.  If you do realize that you  know me, I am completely comfortable and welcome you acknowledging me and my struggle in person.

Re: Navigating the ocean of my life 30 Jul 2024 23:54 #418152

• amevakesh
  • Current streak: 428 days
  • Gold Boarder
And I'll be thrilled to attend
Seriously would be so nice to get together. The menu is settled. Now we need a speaker. My vote is Redfaced.
Time to create page: 0.76 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes