Welcome, Guest

Poll about finding GYE
(0 viewing) 
If you've made progress - thank G-d, double your merit by inspiring others as well! Post the tips and advice that worked best for you in your journey to sobriety or tell us about recommendations you heard from others that work.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Poll about finding GYE 1101 Views

Poll about finding GYE 27 Mar 2022 05:44 #379125

• Avrohom
  • Current streak: 135 days
  • Expert Boarder
Once Cord's is running polls (on the BB forum) I've been wanting to ask this for a while - and particularly in light of some of the recent arrivals' stories, I'm trying to figure out how aware people outside of GYE are of GYE's existence and ability to help, and how important it is to increase awareness. 

If you have found GYE particularly helpful for your struggles after years of struggling- can you share
1) What held you back from being succesful beforehand - were you a)not aware of GYE and/or how it could help or b) you knew about GYE, but you either weren't ready to join, or it didn't help for other reasons.
2) What do you think would help people who aren't aware of GYE, or who don't think it could help them - more exposure? more understanding of what GYE is? more credibility from respected people? other?
אין הדבר תלוי אלא בי
אלמלא הקב"ה עוזרו לא יכול לו
זרע אברהם אוהבי

Re: Poll about finding GYE 27 Mar 2022 18:43 #379160

• bisyata dishmaya
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Gold Boarder
We need a lot more advertising. Advertising that doesn't make it seem GYE is just for hardcore addicts. We also need more respected people to praise GYE openly as much as possible. Finally something needs to be done about people struggling with inappropriate stuff not on the internet so their access to GYE is limited besides for the hotline which needs to be advertised in the same manner I mentioned before. 
The best tool in my opinion: Every day say Tehillim 16 32 41 42 59 77 90 105 137 150 Hatzlocha!

My Thread guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/378555-Here-we-go!

Re: Poll about finding GYE 27 Mar 2022 20:52 #379165

• jackthejew
  • Platinum Boarder
bisyata dishmaya wrote on 27 Mar 2022 18:43:
We need a lot more advertising. Advertising that doesn't make it seem GYE is just for hardcore addicts. We also need more respected people to praise GYE openly as much as possible. Finally something needs to be done about people struggling with inappropriate stuff not on the internet so their access to GYE is limited besides for the hotline which needs to be advertised in the same manner I mentioned before. 

I wholeheartedly agree. I held back from going on GYE for YEARS, because I thought it was only for addicts. I finally joined when I convinced myself I might be an addict, and then basically found out I'm probably not an addict, but that I have a wonderful, accepting, and helpful place in GYE anyways.
Off the forum for now.
My Thread (Not for inspiration, but for random bits and pieces of my journey, as well as the inspiring responses of others: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/375514-Enough-is-Enough
jackthejewgye@gmail.com
There are tips, tools, and techniques, but there are no shortcuts.

Here's to our wives and girlfriends...may they never meet! ~ Groucho Marx
Optimism is the madness of insisting that all is well when we are miserable.-Voltaire
You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.- Abraham Lincoln
If you don't know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else.- Yogi Berra
"I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information." ~ Calvin

Re: Poll about finding GYE 28 Mar 2022 02:09 #379178

• LifeIsbliss
  • Current streak: 1314 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Last Edit: 17 Jul 2023 15:15 by LifeIsbliss.

Re: Poll about finding GYE 28 Mar 2022 02:39 #379180

• bisyata dishmaya
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Gold Boarder
Signs in all Shuls and Yeshivas and in all the Jewish publications.
The best tool in my opinion: Every day say Tehillim 16 32 41 42 59 77 90 105 137 150 Hatzlocha!

My Thread guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/378555-Here-we-go!

Re: Poll about finding GYE 28 Mar 2022 04:55 #379185

bisyata dishmaya wrote on 28 Mar 2022 02:39:

Let’s start it!!! 
“Distancing and removing triggers is only bringing the door closer..Changing the insides and our nature is the key to get in.” 

“Human connection can help every sort of struggle” 

If anyone would like to reach me I’d love to help out! 
anonymouslyhappy111@gmail.com

Break free the easy way using the self-talk method!
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/378128-Captain--Shtarkemotionals-Secret90Day-Challenge

Check out this thread with packed Insight for every person at every stage! 
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/376994-%E2%80%9CShtark%E2%80%9D-insight-that-may-make-you-%E2%80%9Cemotional%E2%80%9D-%29

Re: Poll about finding GYE 28 Mar 2022 11:33 #379190

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I wish i could go from shul to shul and yeshiva to yeshiva and speak about GYE openly.  Before i knew about GYE, i suffered and struggled in silence. No support, no advice, just yi'ush. Although i knew that the issue was common, it was a fact buried deep in the recesses in my brain, and somehow i thought that good people don't struggle.     GYE blasted open to me the fact that   1. I was normal.    2. Loads of good people struggle   3. People actually get out of this mess.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: Poll about finding GYE 28 Mar 2022 11:37 #379192

• jackthejew
  • Platinum Boarder
Shtarkandemotional wrote on 28 Mar 2022 04:55:

bisyata dishmaya wrote on 28 Mar 2022 02:39:

Let’s start it!!! 

I'd seen the signs in shuls before, and read articles about GYE. The overiding thing that kept me from joining was the wording that made it seem like it's only for addicts
Off the forum for now.
My Thread (Not for inspiration, but for random bits and pieces of my journey, as well as the inspiring responses of others: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/375514-Enough-is-Enough
jackthejewgye@gmail.com
There are tips, tools, and techniques, but there are no shortcuts.

Here's to our wives and girlfriends...may they never meet! ~ Groucho Marx
Optimism is the madness of insisting that all is well when we are miserable.-Voltaire
You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.- Abraham Lincoln
If you don't know where you are going, you might wind up someplace else.- Yogi Berra
"I'm not dumb. I just have a command of thoroughly useless information." ~ Calvin
Last Edit: 28 Mar 2022 14:05 by jackthejew.

Re: Poll about finding GYE 28 Mar 2022 12:37 #379198

• vehkam
  • Current streak: 981 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Interesting enough one of the things that kept from joining was that I thought I was way worse than the guys gye was dealing with and that I was beyond help.

I think the messaging needs to be clear that almost everyone struggles with this on their own level. The tools available here can help everyone and can be applied at whatever level you find yourself.
vehkam7@gmail.com

guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/375452-Work-in-progress

The Battle of the Generation by Hillel S. has been a huge help for me.  Message me to find out how you can receive a free copy.

some of the experiences I write about may make it easier to identify me.  This is ok.  I trust that if anyone discovers my identity they will keep it to themselves.  If you do realize that you  know me, I am completely comfortable and welcome you acknowledging me and my struggle in person.

Re: Poll about finding GYE 28 Mar 2022 13:39 #379204

• chaimmod
  • Administrator
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aXhU2JvH2rnTYxEUvAD8eA6sacLH6ay_/view?usp=sharing"Hashem Help Me" post=379190 date=1648467211 catid=2I wish i could go from shul to shul and yeshiva to yeshiva and speak about GYE openly.  Before i knew about GYE, i suffered and struggled in silence. No support, no advice, just yi'ush. Although i knew that the issue was common, it was a fact buried deep in the recesses in my brain, and somehow i thought that good people don't struggle.     GYE blasted open to me the fact that   1. I was normal.    2. Loads of good people struggle   3. People actually get out of this mess.

This is such an amazing post, we modified a flyer based on it...

Attachments:
Last Edit: 28 Mar 2022 13:54 by chaimmod.

Re: Poll about finding GYE 28 Mar 2022 14:45 #379205

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
ChaimMod wrote on 28 Mar 2022 13:39:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1aXhU2JvH2rnTYxEUvAD8eA6sacLH6ay_/view?usp=sharing"Hashem Help Me" post=379190 date=1648467211 catid=2I wish i could go from shul to shul and yeshiva to yeshiva and speak about GYE openly.  Before i knew about GYE, i suffered and struggled in silence. No support, no advice, just yi'ush. Although i knew that the issue was common, it was a fact buried deep in the recesses in my brain, and somehow i thought that good people don't struggle.     GYE blasted open to me the fact that   1. I was normal.    2. Loads of good people struggle   3. People actually get out of this mess.

This is such an amazing post, we modified a flyer based on it...

Excellent!!

Just realize that outside of gye, people are not used to fake names, so perhaps replace the name “HashemHelpMe” with his real first name, or a pseudoname
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Poll about finding GYE 28 Mar 2022 14:58 #379209

• chaimmod
  • Administrator
Markz wrote on 28 Mar 2022 14:45:

Excellent!!

Just realize that outside of gye, people are not used to fake names, so perhaps replace the name “HashemHelpMe” with his real first name, or a pseudoname

How about this? 
GuardYourEyes Member   @HashemHelpMe

Re: Poll about finding GYE 28 Mar 2022 15:01 #379210

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
That’s definitely better
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Poll about finding GYE 28 Mar 2022 15:35 #379214

• chaimmod
  • Administrator
updated
Attachments:
Last Edit: 28 Mar 2022 15:35 by chaimmod.

Re: Poll about finding GYE 28 Mar 2022 16:36 #379219

• LifeIsbliss
  • Current streak: 1314 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Last Edit: 17 Jul 2023 15:14 by LifeIsbliss.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.76 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes