Welcome, Guest

Make it to Yeshiva
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Make it to Yeshiva 98484 Views

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 18 Jan 2023 00:50 #390968

• frank.lee
  • Current streak: 333 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks for your clear response. To clarify, I did not mean that I agree, I mean he can be so caught up in the throes of the sugya that he does not have the clarity to answer without his negiyus. The pressure maybe clouds the rational, therefore he is instructing to care about shiduchim trumping other calculations.

Not that Daas Torah considers or doesn't consider what other ppl will think. But a Ruv not under unimaginable pressure can give guidance better IMHO.

I am only saying this to be Dan lekaf zechus, that we can not fathom the pressure he may be under. We would hope that the gedolim we go to are healthy and on such a high level that they are above being swayed by emotional, personal issues...
Last Edit: 18 Jan 2023 13:51 by frank.lee. Reason: Clarity

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 29 Jan 2023 02:54 #391342

• yeshivaguy
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Platinum Boarder

It was my one year anniversary, ו׳ שבט, from when I broke down crying last year in a Bais medrash while reading first mishna of brachos after having left Yeshiva and not learnt/davened in many months.

You can check my posts from that time.

Oceans of depth and infinite raging volcanoes of emotion below the following words.

I do apologize for the length.

1. Made big fundamental strides in my growth- consulting a special mentor of mine in an area of the country I am not usually in.

2. Then shiksa I met on app a while back living 20min from me who wanted to meet etc messages me late thurs night (though we’d broken off and I deleted number etc).

3. I engage in convo and we decide to “give our relationship another chance.” When I return Monday from my trip.

4. Over Shabbos I battle back and forth between fantasizing about her and choosing life as a Jew.

5. Without divulging too much info here, I appreciated the beauty and depth of Jewish women over shabbos and after conversations with many, discussing what it is I seek, receiving significant and exciting shiduch ideas.

6. After turning on my phone tonight, seeing messages and going back and forth, I said “f*** it” and blocked shiksas number.

7. Feeling amazing, I go to melava malka where aunt/uncle continue hyping up this girl they met and spoke to.

Caveat being, they later tell me, is she doesn’t want someone with mental health problems.

I don’t need everyone to wanna marry me, obviously.

Was just that they hyped her up a lot and said would point her out at melava malka and the excitement majorly fueled the blocking of the number.

8. Obviously there’s more to discuss and look into.

The main mindset shift I’ve experienced in the last 3 hours though is going from “I need a girl pronto- so shiksa,” to “I can ditch shiksa cuz I have a Jew girl here who’s interested in me,” to “I’m an independent person with self worth and don’t need anyone pronto. I will not chase that shiksa nor will I expect any shidduch to be my “quick fix.”’

More to come.

Until then however.

Edit

“Watch me as I drain the sea, and show you what it is thats Me.”

YeshivaGuy

Last Edit: 29 Jan 2023 05:54 by yeshivaguy.

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 29 Jan 2023 03:04 #391343

• oivedelokim
  • Current streak: 61 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Wow.

So much inner strength.

So much commitment to things that transcend temporal passions.

"Moods come and go, but greatness endures"

I have a lot to learn from you.

Keep on trucking!

Love,
OivedElokim
I am a bochur with a passion for meaning and truth, searching to remain clean and live a holy and fulfilling life.

If you are reading this-you have a friend in me.
Feel free to PM me and I'll share my offline contact information, so we can call and text. I'd be honored if you'd trust me with your story and promise to support you in any way I possibly can.
I've been on GYE for over 7 years. "I may walk slow, but I never walk back" (-Abraham Lincoln?).
(For the background and meaning of my username- see Tanya chapter 15).

My current thread 
Last Edit: 29 Jan 2023 03:08 by oivedelokim.

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 29 Jan 2023 04:19 #391346

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
YeshivaGuy wrote on 29 Jan 2023 02:54:

If the length of this post scares you, please, at least read #8.

It was my one year anniversary, ו׳ שבט, from when I broke down crying last year in a Bais medrash while reading first mishna of brachos after having left Yeshiva and not learnt/davened in many months.

Oceans of depth and infinite raging volcanoes of emotion below the following words.

1. Made big fundamental strides in my growth- consulting a special mentor of mine in an area of the country I am not usually in.

2. Then shiksa I met on app a while back living 20min from me who wanted to meet etc messages me late thurs night (though we’d broken off and I deleted number etc).

3. I engage in convo and we decide to “give our relationship another chance.” When I return Monday from my trip.

4. Over Shabbos I battle back and forth between fantasizing about her and choosing life as a Jew.

5. Without divulging too much info here, I appreciated the beauty and depth of Jewish women over shabbos and after conversations with many, discussing what it is I seek, receiving significant and exciting shiduch ideas.

6. After turning on my phone tonight, seeing messages and going back and forth, I said “f*** it” and blocked shiksas number.

7. Feeling amazing, I go to melava malka where aunt/uncle continue hyping up this girl they met and spoke to.

Caveat being, they later tell me, is she doesn’t want someone with mental health problems.

Was just that they hyped her up a lot and said would point her out at melava malka and the excitement majorly fueled the blocking of the number.

The main mindset shift I’ve experienced in the last 3 hours though is going from “I need a girl pronto- so shiksa,” to “I can ditch shiksa cuz I have a Jew girl here who’s interested in me,” to “I’m an independent person with self worth and don’t need anyone pronto. I will not chase that shiksa nor will I expect any shidduch to be my “quick fix.”’

More to come.

Until then however.

I swear that if I will contact that shiksa and engage in conversation then I will pay $1,000 to Tzedaka.

No exceptions nor room for leeway when coming to such sakanas nefashos mamash mamash.

The severity of this situation is beyond my own comprehension.

I implore you all to hold me to this.

YeshivaGuy

Firstly - you’re a great man for sharing all that.

Secondly - That was not a long post. 

Third and most important - No I will not hold you to it!

I have already been ordained on gye, hence as a Chacham I hereby consider your Vow null and void. 

There are various loopholes to find a heter. Here’s one “If you would have known that she would contact you first, would you have committed to it??”

Kidding aside - if you want to make a more practical commitment, without a shavua say this;
“If I contact this non-Jewish woman, I will right away speak to another gye friend. I will speak to a gye friend right away regardless. If I don’t call a friend to chat in the next 24hr, I will donate $100 to Rabbi Karl Marx”

Know that if you follow this amended vow, it cannot be nullified by any other Rabbi regardless of affiliation or lack of.
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story
Last Edit: 29 Jan 2023 04:43 by Markz. Reason: Changed from $10,000. Happy to give you a discount!

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 29 Jan 2023 05:48 #391350

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Markz wrote on 29 Jan 2023 04:19:

YeshivaGuy wrote on 29 Jan 2023 02:54:

If the length of this post scares you, please, at least read #8.

More to come.

Until then however.

I swear that if I will contact that shiksa and engage in conversation then I will pay $1,000 to Tzedaka.

No exceptions nor room for leeway when coming to such sakanas nefashos mamash mamash.

The severity of this situation is beyond my own comprehension.

I implore you all to hold me to this.

YeshivaGuy

Firstly - you’re a great man for sharing all that.

Secondly - That was not a long post. 

Third and most important - No I will not hold you to it!

I have already been ordained on gye, hence as a Chacham I hereby consider your Vow null and void. 

There are various loopholes to find a heter. Here’s one “If you would have known that she would contact you first, would you have committed to it??”

Kidding aside - if you want to make a more practical commitment, without a shavua say this;
“If I contact this non-Jewish woman, I will right away speak to another gye friend. I will speak to a gye friend right away regardless. If I don’t call a friend to chat in the next 24hr, I will donate $100 to Rabbi Karl Marx”

Know that if you follow this amended vow, it cannot be nullified by any other Rabbi regardless of affiliation or lack of.

Ok thank you I appreciate it. Will update post 

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 29 Jan 2023 06:18 #391351

• eerie
  • Current streak: 720 days
  • Platinum Boarder
My friend, I see the pain and the strength, the broken heart and the steely resolve, and all of us are with you. We are inspired by a person facing unfathomable challenges and standing strong. Hold strong, and keep us posted my friend
Feel free to say hi. My email is 1gimpelovitz@gmail.com

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 29 Jan 2023 14:03 #391359

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
You have my Paypal info?

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 30 Jan 2023 03:46 #391391

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey YG (You’re Great). I’m waiting for your next call / text / post!!!

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 30 Jan 2023 18:53 #391406

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Markz wrote on 30 Jan 2023 03:46:

So am I

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 31 Jan 2023 04:12 #391417

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
YeshivaGuy wrote on 30 Jan 2023 18:53:

So am I

You’re greater than me in wisdom, warriorship  & wealth - so you should go first!

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 31 Jan 2023 04:27 #391419

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Markz wrote on 31 Jan 2023 04:12:

YeshivaGuy wrote on 30 Jan 2023 18:53:

So am I

You’re greater than me in wisdom, warriorship  & wealth - so you should go first!

Not sure where I’m going and even if I go,
במה אדע כי אירשנה?
Last Edit: 31 Jan 2023 04:29 by yeshivaguy. Reason: I don’t need a reason cuz I’m human!

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 31 Jan 2023 04:49 #391423

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions

➣ Nice Trucking Story
Last Edit: 31 Jan 2023 04:53 by Markz. Reason: You ARE a great human, and that’s why we love you!!

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 08 Feb 2023 00:35 #391747

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Markz wrote on 31 Jan 2023 04:49:

Been good bh, but will adopt now your nusach:

I, YeshivaGuy, swear, that if I contact/engage in conversation with at all, with this non-Jewish woman, I will right away speak to another gye friend. I will speak to a gye friend right away regardless. If I don’t call a friend to chat about it in the next 36 hours, I will donate $100 to IMG (thought I’d bring him back a shtikl).”

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 08 Feb 2023 02:36 #391755

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
YeshivaGuy wrote on 08 Feb 2023 00:35:

Markz wrote on 31 Jan 2023 04:49:

Been good bh, but will adopt now your nusach:

I, YeshivaGuy, swear, that if I contact/engage in conversation with at all, with this non-Jewish woman, I will right away speak to another gye friend. I will speak to a gye friend right away regardless. If I don’t call a friend to chat about it in the next 36 hours, I will donate $100 to IMG (thought I’d bring him back a shtikl).”

Why is there something wrong with talking to a non Jewish woman (such as my therapist)?

Tractate Nedarim is over bro. 
No more swearing allowed. 

Chat with me (serious!) or any other brother here.
Don’t wait till you hit danger zone. 
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions

➣ Nice Trucking Story
Last Edit: 08 Feb 2023 02:52 by Markz.

Re: Make it to Yeshiva 08 Feb 2023 03:07 #391756

• yeshivaguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Sure I’m down to shmuze, u can pm me your number if you’re down
Time to create page: 1.21 seconds