Welcome, Guest

"Just regular movies "
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: "Just regular movies " 15788 Views

Re: "Just regular movies " 01 Jan 2021 12:25 #360337

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2824 days
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
Ish MiGrodno wrote on 31 Dec 2020 20:28:
Grant is certainly a Rebbi of sorts in this forum. And others as well. Each of the chevra teaches a unique limud - a perspective that no one else can possibly bring. 

We are waiting for a new rebbi from Grodno to join the ranks...….

Many guys break free, graduate, and move on with life. Please stay. We need you here.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: "Just regular movies " 01 Jan 2021 14:30 #360344

• grant400
  • Platinum Boarder
eyes wrote on 01 Jan 2021 00:41:

lionking wrote on 22 Dec 2020 02:28:
Grant,
for someone with a vivid imagination as yourself, books can be worse than videos or pictures.

I like to read as well and understand the struggle. There is a bunch of decent books available. 

BTW, the story teller finally touched on fiction today. A heimishe meidel wouldn't know to write those things in her journal. What does  lust mean?! What does feeling violated mean?! Isn't it the woman's job to make sure the husband doesn't sin?! 
Just joking on the above. Great writing. Please keep it up.Thanks!!!

Hi Guys,
Yes for me everything is a trigger, pictures, books, even vidoes that may have something, triggers me. 
Any advice ?

Thanks 

Hey eyes! We are all in the same boat. The S.S. McTrigger, stationed on the famed scenic Lusty river. Yup! Everything is a trigger. But it's all dealt with the same way, because it's all caused by the same thing. Lust. It makes no difference how it manifests itself, it's the same devil in disguise. 

Re: "Just regular movies " 01 Jan 2021 20:27 #360377

• Ish MiGrodno
  • Current streak: 1398 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hashem Help Me wrote on 01 Jan 2021 12:25:

Ish MiGrodno wrote on 31 Dec 2020 20:28:
Grant is certainly a Rebbi of sorts in this forum. And others as well. Each of the chevra teaches a unique limud - a perspective that no one else can possibly bring. 

We are waiting for a new rebbi from Grodno to join the ranks...….

Many guys break free, graduate, and move on with life. Please stay. We need you here.

HHM. you have my word that bli neder I am here to stay. I will "reframe" my difficult nisyonos and myriad falls - and translate them into the foundation of how I can become a helper and asset for fellow strugglers and survivors.

I will not "graduate" from here. Moving on from the forum that is / was my very lifeline will not an option for me.

Good Shabbos.

ה׳ עמך גבור החיל! [שופטים ו׳ יב׳]

Perhaps you can find chizuk from my thread at guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/356161-Intro 

Feel free to reach out to me at
jackz90dys@gmail.com

Re: "Just regular movies " 04 Jan 2021 21:37 #360528

• grant400
  • Platinum Boarder

Wow! I'm so overcome by urges right now. Out of the blue. My stomach is actually hurting! I need to feast my eyes on something. Now. Ahhhhhh!

Ok. Now I'll continue on with my life. It's just not worth it. I'll lose more than I'll gain. It's just a feeling that I already learned not to be intimidated by.

Re: "Just regular movies " 04 Jan 2021 22:35 #360532

• willdoit
  • Current streak: 7 days
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
Grant400 wrote on 04 Jan 2021 21:37:

Wow! I'm so overcome by urges right now. Out of the blue. My stomach is actually hurting! I need to feast my eyes on something. Now. Ahhhhhh!

Ok. Now I'll continue on with my life. It's just not worth it. I'll lose more than I'll gain. It's just a feeling that I already learned not to be intimidated by.

Hello,

I feel awkward giving chizik to you our dear rabbi, however i am not here to teach you anything new just reminding you what you know already.

Sounds like you are going thru now some tough moments, I know this may feel - at times - unbearable, me myself am having a very hard time today with urges, but, please, please push it thru, for your own sake and for the sake of the GYE community  you know from past THAT THIS WILL PASS IY"H, perhaps just try to be mindful by accepting the urge and not fighting it, just let it be and keep refocusing your mind to at hands task without trying to chase it away.
Last Edit: 04 Jan 2021 22:47 by willdoit.

Re: "Just regular movies " 05 Jan 2021 15:29 #360611

• grant400
  • Platinum Boarder
willdoit wrote on 04 Jan 2021 22:35:

Hello,

I feel awkward giving chizik to you our dear rabbi, however i am not here to teach you anything new just reminding you what you know already.

Sounds like you are going thru now some tough moments, I know this may feel - at times - unbearable, me myself am having a very hard time today with urges, but, please, please push it thru, for your own sake and for the sake of the GYE community  you know from past THAT THIS WILL PASS IY"H, perhaps just try to be mindful by accepting the urge and not fighting it, just let it be and keep refocusing your mind to at hands task without trying to chase it away.

Thank you willdoit!

There are no "Rabbis" here. We are all one unit, fighting the same battle. Sometimes we struggle and need a boost, and sometimes we are the ones who can dole out the encouragement.

All chizuk is always appreciated!

Re: "Just regular movies " 05 Jan 2021 22:10 #360645

• lou
  • Platinum Boarder

Hi,
I have noticed on more than one occasion you mentioned having actual physical ailments due to urges or temptations. Why is this? Is it the stress? Or do temptations hit you more strongly when you are not feeling well?
Either way, you know what to do when Mr Mclust comes for you. Send him packing! I can guarantee you won't have any negative repercussions from not following through with your lust. Grant even told me so!
Stay strong Brother!

Re: "Just regular movies " 06 Jan 2021 00:01 #360657

• grant400
  • Platinum Boarder
Lou wrote on 05 Jan 2021 22:10:

Hi,
I have noticed on more than one occasion you mentioned having actual physical ailments due to urges or temptations. Why is this? Is it the stress? Or do temptations hit you more strongly when you are not feeling well?
Either way, you know what to do when Mr Mclust comes for you. Send him packing! I can guarantee you won't have any negative repercussions from not following through with your lust. Grant even told me so!
Stay strong Brother!

Just plain and simple, tremendously debilitating urges. Nothing more. Not sure if others also feel it, but it makes no difference. Lust is lust. 

Re: "Just regular movies " 06 Jan 2021 06:38 #360695

• excellence
  • Current streak: 57 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Dear Grant,

​Just to say Iv'e been following your streak the past few weeks as I am in the carriage behind you, n just wanna remind you that I'm anxiously holding my breath to see you passing the wall of honor, along your journey. just a couple hours to go.... hold on tight... wev'e started rolling out the red carpet......

Re: "Just regular movies " 06 Jan 2021 06:59 #360698

• zedj
  • Current streak: 14 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Just plain and simple, tremendously debilitating urges. Nothing more. Not sure if others also feel it, but it makes no difference. Lust is lust.

Hi Grant,
Here is a quote I read from time to time.
It helped me pull through in the past

Grant400 wrote on 22 Dec 2020 21:57:
Like already mentioned, a filter is not the answer. Although it is extremely crucial, it just serves as an additional deterrent and is part of the tools necessary. Without an internal policy change, it's only a matter of time until we outsmart the obstacles in our way. 
If you are serious about changing, you must start to learn and understand the truth about lusting. Here are just a few.      

1) Lust isn't a need, although it feels like it is.       
2) Urges CAN be ignored, and paid no heed. 

3) Pros of being clean far outweigh the cons. Even in the materialistic aspects, (putting spirituality aside) for many reasons.      
4) Lusting effects many other areas of life.      
5) Females do not emit rays of lusting particles, it's our own warped view, and the corrosive effects of years of objectifying women.      
6) The desire for the pleasure is far greater and more intense than the reality of the pleasure. 
7) Etc....  

I hope this helps and I hope you pull through this!

One who has given up hope is without a G‑d.

One who sees hope in each day is already free

Last Edit: 06 Jan 2021 07:01 by zedj.

Re: "Just regular movies " 10 Jan 2021 15:11 #360994

• grant400
  • Platinum Boarder

Today with Hashem's and all your help, I successfully reached 90 days!

It's been a journey of a lifetime, that's not over, but has definitely taken a new and improved path.

I found this wonderful organization, by reading a poster in shul. I innocently thought it was just daily emails, and I signed up hoping for an injection of inspiration.

After receiving the first one, I clicked on a link which should've been blocked by my filter, (it doesn't work anymore) and found this community.

I joined as one just wishing to break free of my regular movie addiction, but tangentially learned that my obsession over sexuality, wasn't just a healthy dose of regular male lust. What I mistakenly assumed as an overdose of testosterone, and resigned myself to a life of pain and tragic battles ,was indeed "Lust". I learned that lust is a warped view of sexuality, that can be corrected and entirely revamped. (I will not go into how I did it. I've already posted about it around the forum.)

Today, I reached three clean months.

Today, I am still faced with temptation, but I remain strong.

Today, I am still fighting battles, but I have an arsenal of tools and weapons to assure victory.

Today, I must still take necessary precautions, but they are not exclusively the way I remain clean.

Today, my wife knows I love her, and not just myself.

Today, I am still stared down upon by desire, but I remain unflinching.

Today, I am liberated from the gilded cage I've welded myself into all these years. I fly light and unburdened.

Today, my dearest friends, I am free.

I'd like to extend a great big thank you to HKB"H, to the founders of GYE, and all of the great men who had the courage to post on the forum and change my life forever. I will treasure and value each and every one of you forever.

Thank you to all who congratulated me. It was only because of you that I reached where I am today. So congratulations to you too.

Grant

Re: "Just regular movies " 10 Jan 2021 16:30 #360999

• excellence
  • Current streak: 57 days
  • Platinum Boarder
LECHAIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Many more Todays.......!!!!

Re: "Just regular movies " 10 Jan 2021 17:22 #361011

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: "Just regular movies " 10 Jan 2021 17:53 #361016

• lou
  • Platinum Boarder
R' Grant
Mazal tov
​What I find most interesting about you(correct me if I'm wrong)is that you have been facing issues that are different than 90% of us are dealing with. Yet,you have been able to identify with us and help us through various challenges coming our way. I know you will answer that is all the same lust,lust,lust and just comes in different forms.There is truth to that but not all the way.
Thank you

Re: "Just regular movies " 10 Jan 2021 19:13 #361025

• grant400
  • Platinum Boarder
Lou wrote on 10 Jan 2021 17:53:
R' Grant
Mazal tov
​What I find most interesting about you(correct me if I'm wrong)is that you have been facing issues that are different than 90% of us are dealing with. Yet,you have been able to identify with us and help us through various challenges coming our way. I know you will answer that is all the same lust,lust,lust and just comes in different forms.There is truth to that but not all the way.
Thank you

In what way is it different?
Time to create page: 0.80 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes