Welcome, Guest

A struggling bochur
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: A struggling bochur 94216 Views

Re: A struggling bochuri 17 Dec 2018 05:37 #337868

• דרך ישר
  • Current streak: 18 days
  • Senior Boarder
go for it . I've been in you're position although now i'm about ten years older. How i wish i had access/knew about GYE at that age.Take advantage for all it is worth-at this age and try very hard to make a true commitment with all the help you get over here, and it will help you're future life in ways you cannot imagine.

HATZLOCHA

Re: A struggling bochur 17 Dec 2018 05:43 #337869

• דרך ישר
  • Senior Boarder

עי הקדמה לספר חפץ חיים שהטעם שעדיין לא זכינו למשיח הוא משום עון לשון הרע רכילות שבא מכח שנאת חנם. 
don't knw who told you HOLOCAUST was because of this , but if it was then it's definitely alot better than the alternative ( otherwise G-D wouldn't have done it) so definitely no reason to get depressed.
Let's just guard our mouths and eyes andbring Moshiach now

Re: A struggling bochur 17 Dec 2018 05:43 #337870

• דרך ישר
  • Senior Boarder

עי הקדמה לספר חפץ חיים שהטעם שעדיין לא זכינו למשיח הוא משום עון לשון הרע רכילות שבא מכח שנאת חנם. 
don't knw who told you HOLOCAUST was because of this , but if it was then it's definitely alot better than the alternative ( otherwise G-D wouldn't have done it) so definitely no reason to get depressed.
Let's just guard our mouths and eyes and bring Moshiach now

Re: A struggling bochur 23 Dec 2018 02:58 #337965

Gut voch to all!

Today is #28 second highest since joining gye, since last fall I've reached such hights! My amount of wasting time has decreased by 3-4 hours each day and my learning has increased to 3-4 hours each day, so not sure if it's such a fall to some extent... 

My falls were due to me wasting time..
Joined as a single bochur, Bh broke free (but still on watch) by using the tools on this website, therapy but mainly through getting married. 

הנותן עיניו במה שאינו שלו, מה שמבקש לא נותנים לו, ומה שבידו נוטלים ממנה

(סוטה ט, עמוד א)

ולכן אל יפול לב אדם
וכו' גם אם יהיה כן כל ימיו במלחמה זו כי אולי לכך נברא וזאת עבודתו לאכפיא לס"א תמיד 
(תניא פ"כז)

Re: A struggling bochur 23 Dec 2018 23:22 #337986

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
Shnitzel and kugel wrote on 23 Dec 2018 02:58:
Gut voch to all!

Way to go Shnitz! Keep it up.

What was your wasting time due to?
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories
STORY TIME :)

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking) (The Rebba R' Bards)

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: A struggling bochur 24 Dec 2018 00:38 #337989

Due to me reading different articles online instead of me using that time wisely.
Joined as a single bochur, Bh broke free (but still on watch) by using the tools on this website, therapy but mainly through getting married. 

(סוטה ט, עמוד א)

ולכן אל יפול לב אדם
וכו' גם אם יהיה כן כל ימיו במלחמה זו כי אולי לכך נברא וזאת עבודתו לאכפיא לס"א תמיד 
(תניא פ"כז)

Re: A struggling bochur 24 Dec 2018 02:03 #337992

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
Sounds interesting.
Were the articles what caused you to waste time, or were they just the way that you used your wasted time?
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: A struggling bochur 24 Dec 2018 02:20 #337994

Both

(סוטה ט, עמוד א)

ולכן אל יפול לב אדם
(תניא פ"כז)
Last Edit: 24 Dec 2018 02:20 by Shnitzel and kugel.

Re: A struggling bochur 24 Dec 2018 04:15 #337995

• i-man
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Correct me if im  wrong but it sounds like the classic trap - " I'm such a loser I might as well be unproductive and read articles.. and than-  see all I do is waste time reading articles .. back and forth and then if Im a waste than I might as well act out...
Last Edit: 25 Dec 2018 03:02 by i-man.

Re: A struggling bochur 24 Dec 2018 04:45 #337997

I don't feel like a loser when I read those articles as they give me knowledge in specific topics I like looking into.

Wasting time itself isn't gonna cause me to me act out, it's the "bored times" that eventually leads to acting out. 

(סוטה ט, עמוד א)

ולכן אל יפול לב אדם
(תניא פ"כז)

Re: A struggling bochur 25 Dec 2018 14:56 #338015

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
Shnitzel and kugel wrote on 23 Dec 2018 02:58:
Gut voch to all!

"Stillgoing"
Way to go Shnitz! Keep it up.

What was your wasting time due to?

"Shnitzel and kugel" post=337965 date=1545533903 catid=19
...Wasting time itself isn't gonna cause me to me act out, it's the "bored times" that eventually leads to acting out.

Ok, so it sounds like you want to be michalek now between "wasting time" and "bored times". That's your right, its your thread afterall :-) . But then I'm going to want to rephrase my question 
What was your bored times due to?
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: A struggling bochur 26 Dec 2018 01:58 #338032

I retract on my words... Wasting time and bored times are the same.. though not sure what your trying to get to..

(סוטה ט, עמוד א)

ולכן אל יפול לב אדם
(תניא פ"כז)

Re: A struggling bochur 26 Dec 2018 02:03 #338033

Day #31

Rewiring my brain back as quoted in the "30 day email" one receives when hitting 30

(סוטה ט, עמוד א)

ולכן אל יפול לב אדם
(תניא פ"כז)

Re: A struggling bochur 28 Dec 2018 05:10 #338073

I joined the 90 day challenge 200 days ago, and bh only messed up twice

These past 33 days were the easiest bh, I believe it was due to me going to therapy and taking care of the underlying issues.

Good shabbas to all!

(סוטה ט, עמוד א)

ולכן אל יפול לב אדם
(תניא פ"כז)

Re: A struggling bochur 28 Dec 2018 05:37 #338074

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
img_1709.JPG
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story
Time to create page: 0.68 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes