Welcome, Guest

A struggling bochur
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: A struggling bochur 94206 Views

A struggling bochur 26 Jun 2018 19:00 #332710

Hi, everyone I'm a 21 year old bochur, struggled with mastrubation since 14! Went to Yeshivah and bh had no access to technology so it wasn't really a issue then when I got a smartphone 2 years ago the issue started again. Bh I discovered this website 3 weeks ago, then I installed webchaver and imI very careful now with Shmiras ainayim whilst walking in the street, and I've also joined the 90 day challenge and I'm currently 16 days clean! Iyh many more day by day with the eibishter's help! 

Any other bochurim out there in my boat?
Joined as a single bochur, Bh broke free (but still on watch) by using the tools on this website, therapy but mainly through getting married. 

הנותן עיניו במה שאינו שלו, מה שמבקש לא נותנים לו, ומה שבידו נוטלים ממנה

(סוטה ט, עמוד א)

ולכן אל יפול לב אדם
וכו' גם אם יהיה כן כל ימיו במלחמה זו כי אולי לכך נברא וזאת עבודתו לאכפיא לס"א תמיד 
(תניא פ"כז)

Re: A struggling bochur 26 Jun 2018 21:37 #332718

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome. Great start BH. Hashem should help you continue and break free. Keep posting and stay connected. It helps a lot.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: A struggling bochur 26 Jun 2018 22:31 #332722

• mzl
  • Current streak: 28 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi. Not a bachur myself but in the same boat nonetheless.

I was wondering who schnitzel and kugel was. Yum.

Re: A struggling bochur 27 Jun 2018 02:03 #332732

So I've realized that unfortunately most bochurim with this issue don't seek help thinking after marriage it will be better.. if only they knew....

Also we know that when a person does teshuvah for mitzvos out of love to hashem, the averois become mitzvahs

How come? So its explained that since the averois made him far from hashem that caused him to want to be closer, in other words if nkt for doing averois, he wouldn't seek to be close to hashem,
ע"ד במקום שבעלי תשובה עומדים אין צדיקים
גמורים יכולים לעמוד וכו'

By us having this problem and realizing it and really being honest about ourselves, it makes such a better person by fixing all our other issues too..
Joined as a single bochur, Bh broke free (but still on watch) by using the tools on this website, therapy but mainly through getting married. 

(סוטה ט, עמוד א)

ולכן אל יפול לב אדם
וכו' גם אם יהיה כן כל ימיו במלחמה זו כי אולי לכך נברא וזאת עבודתו לאכפיא לס"א תמיד 
(תניא פ"כז)

Re: A struggling bochur 27 Jun 2018 02:11 #332735

• ChizukSC
  • Senior Boarder
I am a single Yid myself. Stay strong! We can do it! 

Re: A struggling bochur 27 Jun 2018 02:15 #332736

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Shnitzel and kugel wrote on 27 Jun 2018 02:03:
So I've realized that unfortunately most bochurim with this issue don't seek help thinking after marriage it will be better.. if only they knew....

Also we know that when a person does teshuvah for mitzvos out of love to hashem, the averois become mitzvahs

How come? So its explained that since the averois made him far from hashem that caused him to want to be closer, in other words if nkt for doing averois, he wouldn't seek to be close to hashem,
ע"ד במקום שבעלי תשובה עומדים אין צדיקים
גמורים יכולים לעמוד וכו'

By us having this problem and realizing it and really being honest about ourselves, it makes such a better person by fixing all our other issues too..

The Vort is as delicious as...
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: A struggling bochur 27 Jun 2018 03:36 #332738

• i-man
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome ! 

stick around on the forum theres a ton of good material and discussions ,and some really great people here .

Hatzlacha 

Re: A struggling bochur 27 Jun 2018 14:49 #332751

Any other bochurim out there in my boat?

Yup, there's a few of us on the forum, stick around keep posting.

Wishing you lot's of luck

Love Yankel!
Important quote from Cordnoy
"The need is a perceived one. There has not been one reported case on these pages of a death occurrin' on account of not fulfillin' that need

“I avoid looking forward or backward, and try to keep looking upward.” 

"My recovery must come first so that everything I love in life doesn’t have to come last."

Feel free to reach out yd@guardyoureyes.org
732-646-5774

My Story

Yankel's Daily Inspirational Quotes

Re: A struggling bochur 27 Jun 2018 17:31 #332752

• poland
  • Fresh Boarder
same here on the same page keep it up i am also 16 days

Re: A struggling bochur 28 Jun 2018 06:04 #332767

• danann@
  • Current streak: 1388 days
  • Junior Boarder

SoHi, everyone I'm a 21 year old bochur, struggled with mastrubation since 14! Went to Yeshivah and bh had no access to technology so it wasn't really a issue then when I got a smartphone 2 years ago the issue started again. Bh I discovered this website 3 weeks ago, then I installed webchaver and imI very careful now with Shmiras ainayim whilst walking in the street, and I've also joined the 90 day challenge and I'm currently 16 days clean! Iyh many more day by day!

Any other bochurim out there in my boat? I've realized that unfortunately most bochurim with this issue don't seek help thinking after marriage it will be better.. if only they knew....

i'm on the same boat, i'm also 21 boucher and there's plenty that are also in the same boat, and yes that was and still is my #1worry but with hashems help they will, i pray for that all the time,
hashem should give you hazlacha! try to keep contact with pro/experienced members on GYE it will help you a lot! 
Last Edit: 28 Jun 2018 06:07 by danann@. Reason: misspelling

Re: A struggling bochur 28 Jun 2018 06:10 #332768

My email address is shnitzelandkugel@gmail.com and bochur and only bochurim reach out to me. Married guys have a different type of struggle. 

Looking forward in hearing from you soon.

(סוטה ט, עמוד א)

ולכן אל יפול לב אדם
(תניא פ"כז)

Re: A struggling bochur 28 Jun 2018 13:15 #332773

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
SAG, On this first page, Post #332732 and #332768 don't correspond to each other

Care to explain?

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions

➣ Nice Trucking Story
Last Edit: 28 Jun 2018 13:43 by Markz.

Re: A struggling bochur 28 Jun 2018 14:15 #332774

• mzl
  • Platinum Boarder
Markz wrote on 28 Jun 2018 13:15:
SAG, On this first page, Post #332732 and #332768 don't correspond to each other

Care to explain?

Are you saying that one message was written by someone who us married and the other by someone who is not?

Re: A struggling bochur 28 Jun 2018 16:40 #332777

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Shnitzel and kugel wrote on 28 Jun 2018 06:10:
My email address is shnitzelandkugel@gmail.com and bochur and only bochurim reach out to me. Married guys have a different type of struggle. 

Looking forward in hearing from you soon.

For me personally they're not much different regarding what situations I act out in, and the recovery tools too

For me it has nothing to do with someone being married / single / divorced / drunk / yeshivish bres-lover / trump-hater... did I miss anyone?

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: A struggling bochur 28 Jun 2018 17:09 #332779

• mzl
  • Platinum Boarder
I agree if you are an addict. Maybe he isn't.
Time to create page: 0.77 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes