Welcome, Guest
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!
  • Page:

TOPIC: My struggles 2288 Views

My struggles 12 Jan 2018 06:35 #325360

• Tzviki
  • Current streak: 24 days
  • Fresh Boarder
I've always had a struggle with shmiras einayim, though I didn't have internet in the house, I had by cousins' houses, friends... After I got married I thought it would get easier, but Hashem had other plans for me. My wife was essentially pressured by her family into marrying me, so we haven't really connected, we're going to therapy... I struggle occasionally and I hope that joining GYE will give me the chizuk I need to shteig in this area in a real and irrevocable way.

Re: My struggles 12 Jan 2018 07:30 #325362

• ieeyc
  • Banned
  • Soaring to Har Sinai on the wings of an eagle!
welcome! i hope you get out of gye AT LEAST as much as i have been getting , and more!!
stay with gye a youll see how little by little  your life will be changing to the life you always dreamed of,chat with the olam ,make friends ,tell your story,and Bezras Hashem youll feel a big load off your heart and thoughts! hatzlacha!

לב  טהור   ברא   לי   אלקים , ורוח  נכון    חדש  בקרבי

to all my friends who heeded my request  to be so generous and give me a negative karma  for the sake of me acquiring       
                                                . humility ,i humbly  thank you                                                                                                 

Re: My struggles 12 Jan 2018 14:31 #325377

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Tzviki wrote on 12 Jan 2018 06:35:
I've always had a struggle with shmiras einayim, though I didn't have internet in the house, I had by cousins' houses, friends... After I got married I thought it would get easier, but Hashem had other plans for me. My wife was essentially pressured by her family into marrying me, so we haven't really connected, we're going to therapy... I struggle occasionally and I hope that joining GYE will give me the chizuk I need to shteig in this area in a real and irrevocable way.

Welcome brother!
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: My struggles 12 Jan 2018 15:25 #325388

• youcan
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Expert Boarder
Welcome! You won't loose anything from staying with us. What can be better than a group of people always ready to listen to you encourage you when you need it & if you're in the mood of helping somebody? We're all available
I don't know your specific marriage situation, but my story is more like your wife's than like yours, you can read my intro here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/322790-Addiction-Anxiety-Something-else#322790. I can assure you that your wife will get past these bad feelings  & you can still have a wonderful marriage.
check around the site, see what works for you & get to work!

Re: My struggles 12 Jan 2018 20:15 #325400

• bear
  • Gold Boarder
Hey welcome, best of Hatzlacha here and beyond!

Re: My struggles 14 Jan 2018 05:41 #325429

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome. It should be with hatzlocha!!
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: My struggles 14 Jan 2018 21:44 #325489

• xyxorwa
  • Current streak: 9 days
  • Expert Boarder
Tzviki --

I'm going to ask some questions, and you can answer if you want to.

Can you explain more about how your wife was pressured into marrying you?  It doesn't sound like a great way to start a marriage.  How long have you been married?  Is she resentful?  Are you?

Therapy can be a tremendous help to individuals or to couples.  For myself, it helped my wife and me through a lot of really difficult times.  We slowly learned to talk to each other more respectfully, to listen to what the other had to say-- even when it was hard.

Wishing you a lot of hatzlacha!

Re: My struggles 16 Jan 2018 07:55 #325563

• Singularity
  • Current streak: 72 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • To write, or not to write?
Sorry to hear the situation with your wife. It must be so hard.
"Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his sobriety level?"
"... It's over NINE-ZEROOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

One day... At A Time :-D

Introduce Yourself and get a free karma point from yours truley!
My Thread

Re: My struggles 16 Jan 2018 10:05 #325564

• eli613
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Junior Boarder
Welcome! Sharing on GYE was a first step for me. I still have relapses but I keep on trying. Please keep sharing and let us know how your'e doing. Hatzlacha!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.55 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes