Welcome, Guest

No soldier left behind - Kol Yisrael Areivem
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: No soldier left behind - Kol Yisrael Areivem 45917 Views

Re: No soldier left behind - Kol Yisrael Areivem 28 Jun 2017 23:46 #316382

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
bear wrote on 28 Jun 2017 20:14:
 On Monday night i fell. I did not just fall, I was taken captive tell early Tuesday Morning. I fell for the trap, my sisters' Ipod without a filter. 

I try not to use dangerous weapons, but right now I am at war. I was therefore forced to launch a Taphsic against the Ipod. I pray my Taphsic will strike the target head on, and not have any collateral  damage. 

The iPod has an anti ballistic system
Its gonna win any war sooner or later
Maybe fight with your sister...

Im sorry to hear about your fall
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: No soldier left behind - Kol Yisrael Areivem 29 Jun 2017 08:31 #316408

• bear
  • Gold Boarder
dms1234 wrote on 28 Jun 2017 22:46:
So how are you going to work on getting freedom from those powerful enemies, without running away from them?

I do not know. 
Alot of the enemies are caused from school, tests, and other things I have to get done; and also contributing is that I am not in a great set up right now. The challenge is the stress is not going to go away until I get all the work done. So I am not sure how I can free myself before i finish all the work. 

Am I understanding your question correctly ?  
Do you have any suggestions ?
Thanks

Re: No soldier left behind - Kol Yisrael Areivem 29 Jun 2017 08:54 #316410

• bear
  • Gold Boarder
Markz wrote on 28 Jun 2017 23:46:

bear wrote on 28 Jun 2017 20:14:
 On Monday night i fell. I did not just fall, I was taken captive tell early Tuesday Morning. I fell for the trap, my sisters' Ipod without a filter. 

I try not to use dangerous weapons, but right now I am at war. I was therefore forced to launch a Taphsic against the Ipod. I pray my Taphsic will strike the target head on, and not have any collateral  damage. 

The iPod has an anti ballistic system
Its gonna win any war sooner or later
Maybe fight with your sister...

Im sorry to hear about your fall

Thanks for the advice. I actually asked my sister if I could put a filter on before, and she said yes. The problem is that her ipod is sort of broken and I cant do what it would entail to put a filter on it. 

Not sure if this is a bad way to look at this, or if this is a bad source to get inspiration from. but my reaction to the ipod was I was originally always stressing about it. but one night i was skimming through 7 habits of highly successful people. and he mentioned that one should focus on what is inside his locus of control , and not spend time trying to fix things that are outside his locus of control.  So I figured putting a filter on my sisters ipod that is broken is outside my locus of control, however putting filters on my stuff, and trying to work on myself to fix up my shmeras einayem and other challenges is within my locus of control. The world is full of challenges, there will always be billboards, immodestly dressed women, and other challenges that I can not prevent. but what I can do is learn how to deal with the challenges. 

I agree when you say the ipod is a hard target to hit. Though, I think the Taphsic will work against the ipod. (taphsic lead me to over 140 days clean last summer but i stopped using it , because it incredibly scares me. it is playing with fire. I think my high risk point will be not while I am using the Taphsic against the ipod. But after I stop( if i stop) using Taphsic.)

What are your thoughts?
Thanks
Last Edit: 29 Jun 2017 08:56 by bear.

Re: No soldier left behind - Kol Yisrael Areivem 29 Jun 2017 16:47 #316432

• dms1234
  • Current streak: 767 days
  • Platinum Boarder

Alot of the enemies are caused from school, tests, and other things I have to get done; and also contributing is that I am not in a great set up right now. The challenge is the stress is not going to go away until I get all the work done. So I am not sure how I can free myself before i finish all the work. 

Great! We are getting places. It seems that you have a lot of fear! Is that correct? "I am afraid i wont pass this test" I am afraid i will not get this assignment done"

I completely relate. When i was in school and also after i was VERY stressed. And i hated it and i still hate it when i have to get things done its a nightmare for me. So much stress. so much fear. Why cant it get better? Finishing the work helped for that particular thing but then the next time around the same thing happened. Sounds like hell doesnt it?
I am happy to speak on the phone. Please email me at dms1234ongye@gmail.com

My name is Daniel, I go to face to face meetings and I work the 12 steps with a sponsor. 

Re: No soldier left behind - Kol Yisrael Areivem 29 Jun 2017 21:04 #316448

• bear
  • Gold Boarder
dms1234 wrote on 29 Jun 2017 16:47:

Great! We are getting places. It seems that you have a lot of fear! Is that correct? "I am afraid i wont pass this test" I am afraid i will not get this assignment done"

I completely relate. When i was in school and also after i was VERY stressed. And i hated it and i still hate it when i have to get things done its a nightmare for me. So much stress. so much fear. Why cant it get better? Finishing the work helped for that particular thing but then the next time around the same thing happened. Sounds like hell doesnt it?

Thanks DMS1234. Well said, I completely agree. I hear your point, you finish one thing but the next is on the way. what do you recommend to combat this?
Last Edit: 29 Jun 2017 21:15 by bear.

Re: No soldier left behind - Kol Yisrael Areivem 29 Jun 2017 21:15 #316449

• bear
  • Gold Boarder
In regards to my sisters ipod, I do not think there is anything I can really do about it. But the truth is there are other traps in the house that do not have a a filter/fence on them. Markz your post convinced me that I have to do something about the other triggers. These other traps have an anti ballistic system that I can have someone destroy. I need to give them the assignment. Though the ipods all i can do is keep shooting at it, tell I make it past the anti ballistic system. 
Thanks for the encouragement Markz. 

Re: No soldier left behind - Kol Yisrael Areivem 29 Jun 2017 22:48 #316459

• dms1234
  • Current streak: 767 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I suggest a fear inventory.

1. What am I afraid of?
2. Why am I afraid?
3. How has self-reliance failed me?
4. I ask God to remove my fear
5. Direct my attention on what He wants me to be

For example: 
1. I am afraid that somebody will find out i am a sex addict
2. Because then they will think less of me
3. I cant control how others think of me, I cant control that i am a sex addict
4. God please remove my fear
5. God wants me to be accepting that I am a sexaholic and to accept myself for who i am

I highly suggest writing it down. This is from the big book, pg 68
I am happy to speak on the phone. Please email me at dms1234ongye@gmail.com

My name is Daniel, I go to face to face meetings and I work the 12 steps with a sponsor. 

Re: No soldier left behind - Kol Yisrael Areivem 30 Jun 2017 00:15 #316465

• bear
  • Gold Boarder
1. I am afraid I will not accomplish my goals as well as possible.
2. Because than I will not maximize on my life. 
3. I am not infinitely wise or talented, I am fallible. 
4.God please I should not worry, about things that are best not to worry about.
5.God wants me to do my HIshtadlus, and recognize the rest is up to him. 

Re: No soldier left behind - Kol Yisrael Areivem 30 Jun 2017 01:46 #316469

• yiraishamaim
  • Platinum Boarder
bear going to school was always a source of anxiety to me. 
Then one day I sat down and thought about it. Many less capable than me have succeeded.
I must approach school like any challenge. Daven to Hashem and then GET TO WORK.
make a list of what needs to be done.
make a quick game plan
get moving on fulfilling the plan 

Re: No soldier left behind - Kol Yisrael Areivem 02 Jul 2017 04:28 #316536

• bear
  • Gold Boarder
I am trying to make a new commitment. I think writing it here will make me more committed. I need to learn to watch my tongue. I need to stop talking about shmutz, I need to acquire a loshon nakie. 

I am not sure if talking about shmutz has lead me to watch shmutz, though it definitely would not surprise me if it has. Regardless, I should be battling shmutz on all fronts. Eyes, mouth, and all.  

Re: No soldier left behind - Kol Yisrael Areivem 02 Jul 2017 04:49 #316537

• yiraishamaim
  • Platinum Boarder
bear wrote on 02 Jul 2017 04:28:
I am trying to make a new commitment. I think writing it here will make me more committed. 

Why not write a short list on apiece of paper. Make it a daily ritual to look at it and see if you have been loyal to it. 
​Sometimes just writing it with no accountability gives us a false sense of succeeding.

Re: No soldier left behind - Kol Yisrael Areivem 02 Jul 2017 04:53 #316539

• bear
  • Gold Boarder
Thanks for idea Yiraishamaim! I think I am going to use chains.cc/ to keep track.
Last Edit: 02 Jul 2017 04:56 by bear.

Re: No soldier left behind - Kol Yisrael Areivem 02 Jul 2017 04:57 #316541

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
bear wrote on 02 Jul 2017 04:28:
I am trying to make a new commitment. I think writing it here will make me more committed. I need to learn to watch my tongue. I need to stop talking about shmutz, I need to acquire a loshon nakie. 

I am not sure if talking about shmutz has lead me to watch shmutz, though it definitely would not surprise me if it has. Regardless, I should be battling shmutz on all fronts. Eyes, mouth, and all.  

The seforim hakedoshim (talmidei Ba'al Shem) bring numerous times that keeping a clean mouth helps with shmiras ha-bris. They even term it that the bris ha-loshon is mechuvan (parallel on the body) with the bris ha-maor. You should have hatzlocha. Yidden always prided themselves on speaking in an elevated fashion. "an aidele shprach". There are many examples in Yiddish where issues are referred to in a cleaner way. Example, in Yiddish instead of asking where the bathroom is, one asks "vi geit men arois" - where does one go out (being that the restroom used to be outside the house). The Meor Vo'Shomesh says that the "lo shinu es leshoinom" of bnai yisroel in mitzrayim cannot mean they didn't speak the mitzri language being that they were slaves. Rather it means their clean language did not change. They were careful with all inyonim of speech. The sefer Meor Eynayim spends an incredible amount of time demanding shmiras ha-dibbur......
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: No soldier left behind - Kol Yisrael Areivem 02 Jul 2017 04:59 #316542

• shteeble
  • Platinum Boarder
bear, kutgw

Re: No soldier left behind - Kol Yisrael Areivem 02 Jul 2017 05:53 #316544

• cordnoy
In the Torah as well.

Noach

Pesachim
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.
Time to create page: 0.63 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes