Welcome, Guest

Turning the page to a new chapter
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Turning the page to a new chapter 1287 Views

Turning the page to a new chapter 03 Mar 2017 05:52 #307324

• sd613
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey everyone, I'm (sorta) new here. I just checked in tonight on the 90 day chart to mark my 12th day clean and BH going strong! As a single guy in shidduchim, I felt it is extremely needed that I take this major step and to break free of my past addictions. In particular, I haven't touched a cigarette in well over three years, and I also haven't smoked weed for approximately two months now. And now this. Baruch Hashem, I finally feel like my life is finally coming together, and that I am finally able to marry the RIGHT girl, and ultimately build a beautiful family IY"H!!! If you ever see me online, feel free to start a private chat, the best time is at night. I spend my time reading the different forums at night rather than doing "other stuff." That's my personal method.
Last Edit: 03 Mar 2017 05:53 by sd613.

Re: Turning the page to a new chapter 03 Mar 2017 06:40 #307328

• chaim2009
  • Current streak: 2542 days
  • Junior Boarder

Re: Turning the page to a new chapter 03 Mar 2017 07:17 #307329

• GrowStrong
  • Current streak: 2153 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • OMAAT
Hey SD!
it should be with much success!
I have not yet seen you online but if i do I will hit you up.
The forums have been an amazing help for me. Having people to talk to also.
And shmirat eynayim has helped me immensely as a constant daily exercise in focusing on recovery and not giving myself conflicting messages,
Brocha v'hatzlocha

Re: Turning the page to a new chapter 03 Mar 2017 07:40 #307332

• Singularity
  • Current streak: 72 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • To write, or not to write?
sd613 wrote on 03 Mar 2017 05:52:
Hey everyone, I'm (sorta) new here. I just checked in tonight on the 90 day chart to mark my 12th day clean and BH going strong! As a single guy in shidduchim, I felt it is extremely needed that I take this major step and to break free of my past addictions. In particular, I haven't touched a cigarette in well over three years, and I also haven't smoked weed for approximately two months now. And now this. Baruch Hashem, I finally feel like my life is finally coming together, and that I am finally able to marry the RIGHT girl, and ultimately build a beautiful family IY"H!!! If you ever see me online, feel free to start a private chat, the best time is at night. I spend my time reading the different forums at night rather than doing "other stuff." That's my personal method.

Welcome! Good to have you in our ranks.

Enjoy your neater nightly activities. Caution, one click is all it takes. Try read in a room with other people (though that never stopped me before) or have some type of filter, etc.
"Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his sobriety level?"
"... It's over NINE-ZEROOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

One day... At A Time :-D

Introduce Yourself and get a free karma point from yours truley!
My Thread

Re: Turning the page to a new chapter 03 Mar 2017 08:52 #307344

• Watson
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome. You're in the right place.

First of all please take time to read through the GYE handbook.  No two people are the same, everyone has a slightly different set of circumstances, but we all share this problem and since we share the problem we can share the solution too. The book is written in a general way so it can apply to everyone. I found it helpful to really think about what the book was saying and how it applied to me and my own life.

This is a very common problem nowadays, you're far from the only one to deal with it. The word addict gets thrown around quite a lot, but most people who struggle with this issue are not addicts, just normal people with a normal yetzer hora. Which is good. Some people have come to realise that they really are addicts because their situation got gradually worse and worse despite working on it. When I say worse I mean, in frequency, severity or just feeling worse after every slip. If that is the case we may need more than GYE, which most people find to be therapy or SA or both. But I wouldn't jump to that conclusion about you. Many people have overcome this challenge right here on GYE using the tools in the handbook.

So stick around. Keep posting, keep reading and keep on trucking.

Re: Turning the page to a new chapter 03 Mar 2017 13:45 #307369

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome SD!!

Please click the spoiler below for my welcome vid :-)
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Turning the page to a new chapter 03 Mar 2017 20:14 #307401

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
Welcome!  Check out the handbook.  Keep posting.

Re: Turning the page to a new chapter 05 Mar 2017 06:28 #307430

• sd613
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Fresh Boarder
I haven't read the handbook yet but definitely will!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.51 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes