Welcome, Guest

My path to sanity... chevrah, help me with the way
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: My path to sanity... chevrah, help me with the way 28699 Views

Re: My path to sanity... chevrah, help me with the way 31 Jan 2016 18:59 #276077

• Workingguy
  • Platinum Boarder
ZDuvid wrote on 31 Jan 2016 17:50:
Hi everyone. Im about 200 days clean and i most probably going to give up this week.
My wife had a baby 12 weeks ago and didnt have relations yet ever since.
Was suppose to be mikvah night long ago but unfortunately couldn't go.
Finally tonight was the night till she just told me she got her period.
I hate god

Oy. I hear you. I was laughing when I read it bc I can relate so much to the intensity of the emotion of your last line, although I try not to do that bc bottom line, he does give me everything else so I'll take breathing and health even without ishus.

So onto a serious note. 200 days is amazing and your situation is SO frustrating. Whoa. Acting out, I think, is not necessarily going to solve the problem or make you feel better. But that won't necessarily stop you bc once the beast is waking, it's really hard. But do your best, bc I'm way behind you and it's people like you who make me think it's possible for me. And I don't want to quit when these things happen to me so do it for all of us!

Whatever happens, we're behind you.

Re: My path to sanity... chevrah, help me with the way 31 Jan 2016 19:08 #276079

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
ZDuvid wrote on 31 Jan 2016 18:56:
markz wrote on 31 Jan 2016 18:32:
I echo what Cordnoy wrote!!

ZDuvid wrote on 31 Jan 2016 18:16:
markz wrote on 31 Jan 2016 17:54:
Hi everyone. Im about 200 days clean and i most probably going to give up this week.
I hate god

Welcome! Forgive me, I didn't welcome you - we never met yet...

Just something to think about

Do you hate yourself / your life?
1%?
if yes, if not?!

If yes - we sometimes blame something that it isn't
there is no way that god would be the good one here when he knows that i did masterbate so long and he still does this to me. Unless he wants to make from me a srack of bones

Dov wrote on 11 Apr 2013 21:04:
No need being scared at all.

The thinking comes before. That is of course how you got here with your pants off to begin with. In fact, most of your very 'best' thinking is exactly what got you (and me) into this very mess to begin with. And by that I mean your Teshuvah and avodas Hashem thinking, as well. The way you percieve women, yourself, sexuality, the past, and future, Hashem, the value of people around you - all are what brings a a chronic luster and masturbater to reach for his or her drug again.

For a normal person it might be a little of that...but mostly it is a desire-driven thing, period.

The chronic users (addicts) tell themselves "it was just a sudden desire that got hold of me!" - in other words they blame it on G-d by saying "my yetzer hora made me do it" (that is blaming G-d). Or they blame it on other people, bikinis or joggers (that Hashem put there too, of course - so they are still blaming it all on Hashem). But they eventually come to see that they can't explain it all away with that. They come to see that it is too consistent, too repetitive, and that the problem is themselves (ourselves).

As Rabbi Elazar ben Durdaya finally admitted before surrendering his life to Hashem - "ein hadovor tolui ella bee".
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story
Last Edit: 31 Jan 2016 19:09 by Markz.

Re: My path to sanity... chevrah, help me with the way 31 Jan 2016 19:57 #276083

• heiligeryid
  • Current streak: 1276 days
  • Senior Boarder
Hi ZDuvid I feel your pain, however G-D still loves you even after you posted your last line!
But before you are ready to give up, one little question "Is your newborn healthy? adorable?" I didn't see any post from you saying "I love g-d" because he gave me such a beautiful lovely neshama?!

Re: My path to sanity... chevrah, help me with the way 01 Feb 2016 04:02 #276125

• bigmoish
  • Platinum Boarder
I had a similar situation not too long ago. Hang in there. I have had those thoughts as well.
Feel free to reach out.
As the saying goes, "operators are standing by, waiting for your call..."
Handbook | Skep's Tips
My threads:
www.guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/236327-Bigmoish-tries-to-be-good
www.guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/236329-Bigmoishs-path-to-tahara

"We have met the enemy and he is us" - Pogo
"Expectation is the mother of frustration" - gibbor120
"Today, damn it! Today!" - cordnoy
"Desiring is not a sin at all, but just a sign that you are not dead yet" - Dov
"We are our own worst observer" - eslaasos's therapist
WDHW!!!

Re: My path to sanity... chevrah, help me with the way 01 Feb 2016 04:33 #276129

• ZDuvid
  • Expert Boarder
heiligeryid wrote on 31 Jan 2016 19:57:
Hi ZDuvid I feel your pain, however G-D still loves you even after you posted your last line!
But before you are ready to give up, one little question "Is your newborn healthy? adorable?" I didn't see any post from you saying "I love g-d" because he gave me such a beautiful lovely neshama?!
Oy your so right, but i have this crazy yearning together with the moment waited so long to be intimate with my wife, and then boom.. and then another boom..and then 4 hours away from mikvah nught and then another boom...
A regular guy would with no hesitation masterbate the witz out of him in my situation, but im on a difference ball game since i was a compulsive maniac, so if i fall i might bang my head badly.
Any ideas how to go about it?
Can you imgine anyone of you giving birth to a baby and then being told you will need to wait 8 weeks to see the baby, then FINALLY the moment arrives and hes told NO wait another week then finally after a whole week NO another week. Then he embraces for the final day and boom, wait another two weeks!!! Thats sick dude
Last Edit: 01 Feb 2016 04:40 by ZDuvid.

Re: My path to sanity... chevrah, help me with the way 01 Feb 2016 05:00 #276134

Workingguy wrote on 31 Jan 2016 18:59:
I hate god

Oy. I hear you. I was laughing when I read it bc I can relate so much to the intensity of the emotion of your last line, although I try not to do that bc bottom line, he does give me everything else so I'll take breathing and health even without ishus.

So onto a serious note. 200 days is amazing and your situation is SO frustrating. Whoa. Acting out, I think, is not necessarily going to solve the problem or make you feel better. But that won't necessarily stop you bc once the beast is waking, it's really hard. But do your best, bc I'm way behind you and it's people like you who make me think it's possible for me. And I don't want to quit when these things happen to me so do it for all of us!

Whatever happens, we're behind you.

I 2nd this sentiment. My recovery is fragile, barely 2 months. And my downward spiral began in the after birth tekufa as well, so I will be following this thread closely.

I will just add, though it may sound cliche, that obviously God believes in you more than you do in yourself! You should take this nisayon as a sign of progress. The regular day to day nisyonos most of us are struggling with may be too easy for you by now...
I wish you continued Hatzlacha on your journey and I'm confident you can persevere!
Feel free to email me at BenTorah.BaalHabayis@gmail.com

1 day may be too long for me, but I take it OWAAT = One wave at a time, cause the lust comes and goes like a wave which rises and crashes.

Re: My path to sanity... chevrah, help me with the way 01 Feb 2016 18:57 #276208

• ZDuvid
  • Expert Boarder
Hello everyone
So yesterday i decided that instead of feeling down and depressed i made reservations to a restaurant with me and my wife and we had a great time. (The wine and the cocktail helped definitely....)
I think that the addiction breeds in sadness and loneliness
So getting happy and chiilin around people especially my wife hellped me a little get over the blow, and now i will be counting down...
Last Edit: 01 Feb 2016 19:12 by ZDuvid.

Re: My path to sanity... chevrah, help me with the way 01 Feb 2016 19:19 #276215

• heiligeryid
  • Current streak: 1276 days
  • Senior Boarder
Tell me about it, loneliness and sadness are like magnets that keep pulling us back into our problems/
I admire you! You made the right decision.
Lots of hatzlacha in your journey!

Re: My path to sanity... chevrah, help me with the way 01 Feb 2016 19:31 #276218

• ZDuvid
  • Expert Boarder
9494 wrote on 01 Feb 2016 19:20:
ZDuvid wrote on 01 Feb 2016 18:57:
Hello everyone
So yesterday i decided that instead of feeling down and depressed i made reservations to a restaurant with me and my wife and we had a great time. (The wine and the cocktail helped definitely....)
I think that the addiction breeds in sadness and loneliness
So getting happy and chiilin around people especially my wife hellped me a little get over the blow, and now i will be counting down...

Dude, the fact that you spent some quality time with your wife and felt better is great. But...if you are counting down for the next opportunity you are potentially setting yourself up for another disapoinment.
so am i supose to have a attitude from now on that i wont be having someone in my life for relations? Almost like a widower chas visholem? It cant be going so far. Must be back in my mind looking out for that moment

Re: My path to sanity... chevrah, help me with the way 01 Feb 2016 20:22 #276223

• ZDuvid
  • Expert Boarder
Oh you better shut your mouth or else....lol
In a serious note, its not all about sex when im talking about relations. Its "being together" in a physical way that is really a emotional way to. Its not all about sex. Iyh when you will be practicing the Niddah laws you will understand what i mean.
For an example, if you can only talk to your child from a distance but cant play with him, cuddle, dance, hug, kiss, give rides and so on its NOT the same.

Re: My path to sanity... chevrah, help me with the way 01 Feb 2016 21:32 #276227

• Workingguy
  • Platinum Boarder
ZDuvid wrote on 01 Feb 2016 20:22:
Oh you better shut your mouth or else....lol
In a serious note, its not all about sex when im talking about relations. Its "being together" in a physical way that is really a emotional way to. Its not all about sex. Iyh when you will be practicing the Niddah laws you will understand what i mean.
For an example, if you can only talk to your child from a distance but cant play with him, cuddle, dance, hug, kiss, give rides and so on its NOT the same.

A very good point. I'd also add that before we want to minimize something by saying sex is optional, we have to first take knowledge the reality of it and then try to minimize it. The sexual urge is one of the strongest biological urges known to mankind and the animal kingdom. I venture to say that there are plenty of people out there who, if face with a choice of their left leg but no sex or sex with her left leg would probably have One leg.

I think we have to acknowledge that the desire for sex and or marital intimacy is tremendous, and the challenge is a great one. However, that reality has nothing to do with our ability to transcend that. As Jews, we believe that Hashem gives us the ability to be above biological urges and desires. That's part of the concept of Bris Milah- that our covenant with Hashem is specifically in the area which, from a natural perspective, is so challenging.

Of course there are ways to make this struggle easier and maybe even easy, but let's not forget that it is a big deal and that we should feel very proud when we actually are successful and not minimize the challenge that we face.

That sounds a little preachy, so I'm talking to myself. (Or I forgot that I'm not speaking at a Bris now)

Re: My path to sanity... chevrah, help me with the way 01 Feb 2016 21:56 #276228

• cordnoy
Sex with her left leg......? Hmmmm....
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: My path to sanity... chevrah, help me with the way 01 Feb 2016 22:48 #276233

• Workingguy
  • Platinum Boarder
cordnoy wrote on 01 Feb 2016 21:56:
Sex with her left leg......? Hmmmm....

I saw that one coming when I wrote it but figured it might get by.....

Re: My path to sanity... chevrah, help me with the way 01 Feb 2016 22:56 #276235

• doingtshuva
  • Platinum Boarder
9494 wrote on 01 Feb 2016 19:47:

OK, spoiler alert! : Im not married! so Im gonna shut my mouth at this moment and let others share.

May hashem help you to find the right one very soon. Amen!
 *  NO, It's not all or nothing, just every bit counts!
 *  I failed yesterday, and I might fail tomorrow. But just for today I'm going to give it a try.
 *  Being curios made me lust and get into trouble.

אָמַר רבי יוחנן: אֵבֶר קָטָן יֵשׁ לוֹ לָאָדָם, מַרְעִיבוֹ = שָׂבֵעַ, מַשְׂבִּיעוֹ = רָעֵב

Gye program + Handbook  -  Taphsik method  -  90 day chart  -  Ebooks  -  Shiurim  -  Rabbi Dr. Avraham Twerski  -  Recent topics on the Forum
Last Edit: 01 Feb 2016 22:56 by doingtshuva.

Re: My path to sanity... chevrah, help me with the way 01 Feb 2016 23:01 #276236

• shlomo24
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
I agree with 942, (big chiddush ), I think that adopting the mindset of, "OMG I'm not gonna have sex ever!", is not very productive. Is there a chance that you will never have sex? Yes, anything can happen. Is there a chance that you will have sex? Well, yes also. Are you going to die if you don't have sex/intimate connection? No. So why not let things play out? Take it day by day. I'm also single and I think that us single guys are proof that sex is indeed optional.
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Email: iam24zman@gmail.com
Last Edit: 01 Feb 2016 23:02 by shlomo24.
Time to create page: 0.70 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes