Welcome, Guest

My path to sanity... chevrah, help me with the way
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: My path to sanity... chevrah, help me with the way 28705 Views

Re: My path to sanity... chevrah, help me with the way 07 Jul 2015 03:17 #258858

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
Phone calls are like gold to me. Phone calls have saved me from acting out many times. I make calls every day whether or not I'm feeling lusty. The calls are not only to people in the program, but to family members and friends as well. Sometimes the phone calls to muggles are the most helpful.
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts
Lions & Tigers & Internet, Oh My!

--"ולא המדרש עיקר, אלא המעשה"
--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.
--You hit rock bottom when you decide to stop digging.

Re: My path to sanity... chevrah, help me with the way 07 Jul 2015 12:20 #258876

• Pidaini
  • Platinum Boarder
  • פדני מעושק אדם-מיצר הרע העושק את הבריות-רש"י
I must say the same for me. Phone calls are an absolute foundation for me. Even when I wasn't doing well, it was restarting the phone calls that got me started again, and they continuously help me go the next step.

In my humble opinion, it seems that you may be looking for the magic pill that I have been looking for for some time now. The magic pill that will stop me from desiring lust in the first place.

Bad news, my friend, I haven't found it yet, and I haven't heard of anyone that has.

The good news is, I can be sober and happy even if I sometimes do have desires!!! Of course, minimizing them is important and worth every bit of effort, but just because I desire doesn't mean that I have to fulfill that desire!!

The battle that I fight within is very different than the one I think you are referring to. I do not fight a battle against desire, I fight a battle against the need to fulfill desire!!

Surrender, my friend, we are not in charge, we just need to do what is right with whatever we are given!!

KOP brother, and sign up for the private chat, you'll be able to get to know guys much better that way, and will feel comfortable emailing and calling them!!

KOMT!!
Yankel | My Ladder | Talking to Hashem
I'm just a dude, another guy on this bus.
Have a great day, unless, of course, you made other plans. ~ obbormottel
"Nothing changes as long as everything stays the same" ~ Dov

Re: My path to sanity... chevrah, help me with the way 07 Jul 2015 16:41 #258887

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
ZDuvid wrote:
So what do I do next
You have already started. You have a lot of good comments from the chevra already. Recovery is not a piece of furniture from Ikea complete with step-by-step assembly instructions. Be patient. Read the handbook. Try some of the tools. We can provide encouragement, and "some" guidance, but YOU have to live your life. There is no instruction manual.

Re: I'm new to GYE and I'm old in... 09 Jul 2015 17:57 #259137

• abd297
  • Gold Boarder
I also started innocently at a young age. I can relate to the confusion about how and why it started. For now I'm putting it aside and trying to connect with people and get help. Along the way I may go back to the old questions but I don't think it's important now. Keep it up. KOP
Let Hashem Do His Job!

We need to jump off the conveyor belt of life and walk on our own.

You cannot make yourself feel something you do not feel, but you can make yourself do right in spite of your feelings.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Re: My path to sanity... chevrah, help me with the way 23 Jul 2015 19:55 #260214

• ZDuvid
  • Expert Boarder
Hey!! How's everyone? Hope you are having a great day so far.
Let me begin by saying thank you to all Tzadikim on this group for helping me out on my journey, especially someone, who is probably going to read this...he gave me his time on the phone and chat. I really appreciate it!
Now BH I'm clean for almost three weeks now and hopefully I will be able to continue.
Last Edit: 24 Jul 2015 00:49 by ZDuvid.

Re: My path to sanity... chevrah, help me with the way 10 Sep 2015 20:04 #263702

• ZDuvid
  • Expert Boarder
UPDATE: Im clean BH now 70 days! wow! im so proud of myself.
I still have a problem with chatting with girls and I do it not to get off because that's off limits but I feel some kind of attention when a girl likes me and i make her feel good with kind words. I feel like a inner magnet is pulling me

Re: My path to sanity... chevrah, help me with the way 10 Sep 2015 20:25 #263706

• cordnoy
ZDuvid wrote:
I still have a problem with chatting with girls and I do it not to get off because that's off limits but I feel some kind of attention when a girl likes me and i make her feel good with kind words. I feel like a inner magnet is pulling me

Great news, but I kinda wonder what that 'inner magnet' might be.....
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: My path to sanity... chevrah, help me with the way 10 Sep 2015 20:29 #263707

• Blind Beggar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Not a sexaholic, just trying to be good.
70 days is awesome!

I see from the chart that this is your first streak on the chart. I think I managed to be clean for 70 days twice before I found GYE. I started when I was too young to know what a girl was.

Hatzlocho!
The Blind Beggar is a character in Rebbe Nachman's story of the Seven Beggars.
If I view a woman as an object, I am powerless over lust, but I don't have to look.
I can guard my eyes.
I want to guard my eyes.
I do guard my eyes.
Why do I say these four lines?

Re: My path to sanity... chevrah, help me with the way 10 Sep 2015 20:36 #263709

• ZDuvid
  • Expert Boarder
cordnoy wrote:
ZDuvid wrote:

Great news, but I kinda wonder what that 'inner magnet' might be.....
I know what it is... we all know

Re: My path to sanity... chevrah, help me with the way 10 Sep 2015 20:38 #263710

• ZDuvid
  • Expert Boarder
Blind Beggar wrote:
70 days is awesome!

I see from the chart that this is your first streak on the chart. I think I managed to be clean for 70 days twice before I found GYE. I started when I was too young to know what a girl was.

Hatzlocho!
I started actually when i was 8 and i was addicted!!!

Re: My path to sanity... chevrah, help me with the way 11 Sep 2015 00:09 #263720

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
Mazel Tov, Duvid!
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts
Lions & Tigers & Internet, Oh My!

--"ולא המדרש עיקר, אלא המעשה"
--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.
--You hit rock bottom when you decide to stop digging.

Re: My path to sanity... chevrah, help me with the way 11 Sep 2015 02:30 #263723

• ZDuvid
  • Expert Boarder
serenity wrote:
Mazel Tov, Duvid!
I really appreciate all you Chevrah's feed back. I love you all and I feel that the guys on this groups are truly Tzadikim one hundred percent.
Last Edit: 11 Sep 2015 02:31 by ZDuvid.

Re: My path to sanity... chevrah, help me with the way 11 Sep 2015 07:09 #263731

• ShmaYisroel
  • Junior Boarder
BS"D

Dear Reb Duvid,

You are mamish a gibbor! I find it so remarkable every time I read about people making such a long time. Hashem Yaazor that it will get longer and longer ad meah weEsrim BS"D.
Me for once, I really wanted to get to ninety before Rosh Hashannah. But.... Well, even as fresh as this morning I acted out in the worst way MZ"L R"L. I feel soooo low. Three days before Rosh Hashannah and still deep, deep into the Shmutz. I really wonder how as a Kodesh Elyon I will be standing in shul in three days and shout HaMELECH!!
It is such a desparation. Not knowing where to turn and what to do anymore.

Yes yes, I know that Hakodesh Boruch Hu loves the biggest Rasha more then we are capable of loving bichlal. Nevertheless it remains Yom HaDin.
Three days can I shape up and somehow not fool myself and really go to the coronation of the Melech?? The future will proof it.

May Hashem Yisborach give us all a Kesivah weChasimah Toivah
Shmayisroel

Re: My path to sanity... chevrah, help me with the way 11 Sep 2015 15:57 #263747

Just want to post my recent struggles & progress with the hope that others will be inspired to take actions of recovery. This is my way of generating zchusim for Klal Yisroel in these last few day before the Yom HaDin!

Over the past few weeks I have been falling deeper into the lust (SSA) where i was texting & calling "lust partners". We seasoned addicts are fully familliar with the progressive natrue of this disease. Just in case we are not convinced.... I Never thought i would give my number to a total stranger for the purpose of lust....

Finally yesterday at the prompting of a program brother who suggested that I "bookend" with him ,finally after two years of struggling with using my cell phone for lust,had it locked by the carrier..for only authorized contacts.
i know this is only part of the solution but it certainly makes a very clear acceptance of the fact that i am powerless over lust...i have a disease and need help! amazing after over five years in SA! Thank you HASHEM for sending me a Shliach from GYE/SA to bail me out of this prison!!!
Last Edit: 11 Sep 2015 16:00 by aryehdovid85. Reason: typo

Re: My path to sanity... chevrah, help me with the way 11 Sep 2015 18:18 #263756

• ZDuvid
  • Expert Boarder
ShmaYisroel wrote:
BS"D

Dear Reb Duvid,

You are mamish a gibbor! I find it so remarkable every time I read about people making such a long time. Hashem Yaazor that it will get longer and longer ad meah weEsrim BS"D.
Me for once, I really wanted to get to ninety before Rosh Hashannah. But.... Well, even as fresh as this morning I acted out in the worst way MZ"L R"L. I feel soooo low. Three days before Rosh Hashannah and still deep, deep into the Shmutz. I really wonder how as a Kodesh Elyon I will be standing in shul in three days and shout HaMELECH!!
It is such a desparation. Not knowing where to turn and what to do anymore.

Yes yes, I know that Hakodesh Boruch Hu loves the biggest Rasha more then we are capable of loving bichlal. Nevertheless it remains Yom HaDin.
Three days can I shape up and somehow not fool myself and really go to the coronation of the Melech?? The future will proof it.

May Hashem Yisborach give us all a Kesivah weChasimah Toivah
Shmayisroel
A Giten Erev Shabbos! first of all I want to congradulate you on having the courage to share your feelings. thanks for sharing.
I want to make a point, that just the fact that you are even feeling ashamed to stand before Hashem and scream HAMELECH is a unbelievable Nachas Ruach to Hashem.
Think of it like a father son relationship, because after all Hashem is our father, not a Boogy Man... If our kid comes to us and tells us Totty! please help me! i just cant get up in the morning to Daven! would you be angry at him? the opposite! you would be proud of him for atleast trying!
ShmaYisroel! Go to Shul Proud and scream HAMALECH!!!!! because you know and Hashem knows you love him! you just need to work on your sickness but Hashem is still your Tatty and your still his Son.
A good year is coming!
Ksiva Vichasima Tovah
Last Edit: 11 Sep 2015 18:19 by ZDuvid.
Time to create page: 0.65 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes