Welcome, Guest
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Big Steps 149672 Views

Re: Big Steps 22 Apr 2016 14:44 #285694

• shlomo24
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Yup, I'm proud of myself too.
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Email: iam24zman@gmail.com

Re: Big Steps 22 Apr 2016 17:44 #285712

• crabapple18
  • Current streak: 1430 days
  • Gold Boarder
Shlomo24 wrote:
Yup, I'm proud of myself too.

I second that Shlomo24

and why do people say healthy outlet..
it doesn't change argh!

Here to see what works for others and a good shmooze. 
Always here to share my journey N' what works for me. 
Feel free to reach out 24/6 charlesbosgod@gmail.com
One day at a time!
Today is what counts. RULE 62
It’s the first drink that gets me drunk.
“Yesterday is the past, tomorrow is the future and [a] mystery.Today matters most
One lust drink is too many and a thousand isn't enough.
**Its a part of me, not who I am**
Last Edit: 22 Apr 2016 17:47 by crabapple18.

Re: Big Steps 22 Apr 2016 18:00 #285714

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
Crabapple18 wrote on 22 Apr 2016 17:44:

Well, to be fair, a marrage Can be a healthy outlet. That certainly is the ideal. Accomplishing that is another story. Possible, but far from automatic.
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories
STORY TIME :)

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking) (The Rebba R' Bards)

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: Big Steps 22 Apr 2016 19:29 #285720

• Workingguy
  • Platinum Boarder
SG,

That may be one of the most concise yet profound lines ever (at least for me)- accomplishing that is another story. How true!

Re: Big Steps 24 Apr 2016 20:51 #285746

• shlomo24
  • Platinum Boarder
!שלום, (that's Hebrew by the way). I am in Israel for pesach. Very happy to be here, I am enjoying. I was davening by the kosel and I thought to myself "I don't want to leave!" That might sound familiar for those who have read my thread from the beginning. I shortly went into obsession afterwards, planning out my life in Israel. It's not going to happen right now. I will be going back to America. I need to learn to be able to enjoy my experiences while they occur, and not try to take it too far. I do feel that I have an emotional and spiritual connection with Israel, specifically Yerushalayim, but I think that America is the best place for me to live. I was actually crying when I put on tefillin the other day, it was so surreal to be in Israel. It's validating to feel my emotions, something that was not very prevalent when I acted out.

Today I wasn't feeling well and I was in bed the whole day. My parents weren't in the apartment that I was staying in, and I was alone. I always doubt myself when I am not feeling well. I shame myself and say that really I feel fine and I'm just faking it. It's hard for me to accept myself. Regardless, when I am sick it's like HALT on steroids, I was lusting a lot. I had a lot of wet dreams throughout the day and a lot of lust was going through my mind. At some points I was so disoriented that I couldn't even surrender audibly and I just thought it in my mind really hard. I guess that was enough effort because it worked. After I finally got out of bed, at 7:30 pm, I ate a little bit and my sickness was confirmed. I have a stomach virus. For your sake I won't go into details. Needless to say, I'm pooped. (C'mon I was asking for it).

Peace Out.
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Re: Big Steps 25 Apr 2016 02:56 #285764

• realsimcha
  • Platinum Boarder
Shlomo24 wrote on 24 Apr 2016 20:51:

always doubt myself when I am not feeling well. I shame myself and say that really I feel fine and I'm just faking it. It's hard for me to accept myself. 

This was amazing to read. I have exactly the same thing. Every time I am not feeling well I have this guilty insecure feeling that I am really faking it and that if i "really wanted to" I would be able to get out of bed. Over time, I think I figured out where it comes from and I wonder if the same would go for you. I think that inasmuch as I am not faking, I am getting something from it. When I am not feeling well, in a way, its also an escape [not as much "fun" as acting out...but then again neither way makes us feel really happy] . So even though I didnt cause this, it still makes me feel guilty because it is providing me with cover to not engage with people, not do my responsibilities, and - when its a weekday - to watch as much tv as I want. 
In an case, enjoy the holy land. Come back to America and bring some of that ruach back with you.

Re: Big Steps 25 Apr 2016 07:01 #285783

• ehrliche.bochur
  • Current streak: 1678 days
  • Gold Boarder
-"Все наши слова - пустой звук, если наше сердце не с нами"

-"есть око видят и ухо слышащее и все твои дела записываются в книгу
Last Edit: 08 Oct 2019 23:04 by ehrliche.bochur.

Re: Big Steps 25 Apr 2016 15:56 #285799

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
ehrliche.bochur wrote on 25 Apr 2016 07:01:
I just want try to help and share what helped me with SSA. I still have some struggles by SSa but it is less now I am married and I have healthy outlet. I do not think it matters what SSA thoughts is in my head if only I use them for my healthy outlet.

Ehrliche, i'm glad to hear that things have gotten eaiser for you. With myself, although i definitly had more opportunities to engage with other guys before I was married, the cravings only got stronger afterwards. Continued Hatzlacha Sg

By the way, what did you mean by "I do not think it matters what SSA thoughts is in my head if only I use them for my healthy outlet."
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories
STORY TIME :)

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking) (The Rebba R' Bards)

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: Big Steps 25 Apr 2016 21:41 #285827

• ehrliche.bochur
  • Gold Boarder

Last Edit: 08 Oct 2019 23:03 by ehrliche.bochur.

Re: Big Steps 26 Apr 2016 02:59 #285852

• Yesod
  • Platinum Boarder
Glad to hear you are having an inspiring time in the Holy Land, hope it gives you much chizuk and spark for the months ahead. 

Re: Big Steps 26 Apr 2016 09:28 #285871

• happy guy
  • Current streak: 991 days
  • Expert Boarder
ehrliche.bochur wrote on 25 Apr 2016 21:41:
I'm sorry. I'm not very good explain. I mean to say  I do not think it matters if I have SSA thoughts when I am with
my wife. 

Really it does matter. What you are thinking when you are with your wife DOES make a difference, and you should try your hardest to have only Kosher thoughts at that time. 

It might be hard at first but I believe you will find it easier each time. 

It is important for the נשמות of your children 
טראכט גוט
מי שמאמין לא מפחד
(201) 201-5251

Re: Big Steps 26 Apr 2016 21:15 #285903

• ehrliche.bochur
  • Gold Boarder

Last Edit: 08 Oct 2019 23:03 by ehrliche.bochur.

Re: Big Steps 26 Apr 2016 21:37 #285905

• doingtshuva
  • Platinum Boarder
you wrote - I never acted out
so your a tzadik
 *  NO, It's not all or nothing, just every bit counts!
 *  I failed yesterday, and I might fail tomorrow. But just for today I'm going to give it a try.
 *  Being curios made me lust and get into trouble.

אָמַר רבי יוחנן: אֵבֶר קָטָן יֵשׁ לוֹ לָאָדָם, מַרְעִיבוֹ = שָׂבֵעַ, מַשְׂבִּיעוֹ = רָעֵב

Gye program + Handbook  -  Taphsik method  -  90 day chart  -  Ebooks  -  Shiurim  -  Rabbi Dr. Avraham Twerski  -  Recent topics on the Forum

Re: Big Steps 26 Apr 2016 22:01 #285906

• shlomo24
  • Platinum Boarder
I personally am not inputting in this discussion, but we are setting the bar pretty low to be a tzadik. Mark might remember this from last year.

Re: Big Steps 26 Apr 2016 22:53 #285910

• Markz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
Shlomo24 wrote on 26 Apr 2016 22:01:
I personally am not inputting in this discussion, but we are setting the bar pretty low to be a tzadik. Mark might remember this from last year.

Shlomo, just to get the facts straight
I wasn't here a year ago
Im definitely not a tzadik
So please don't mention my holy anon-name in vain
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story
Time to create page: 0.69 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes