Welcome, Guest

LUST OR DISGUST?LETS DISCUSS!
(0 viewing) 
A Board for Yidden who are not as addicted, and for whom Torah/Chizuk/Chassidus can still help them stop.

TOPIC: LUST OR DISGUST?LETS DISCUSS! 29834 Views

Re: LUST OR DISGUST?LETS DISCUSS! 29 Apr 2018 22:05 #330468

• trouble
  • Platinum Boarder
And something else that works for me (although I'm not sure it belongs in the B and B section) is that I view every women on the street as my wife, and then no fantasy plays out; it's just doom and gloom! No second looks for me.
i'm all about that (substantial) bass, no trouble ....

if you're looking for trouble, you can email me @trouble69gye@outlook.com

Re: LUST OR DISGUST?LETS DISCUSS! 30 Apr 2018 03:36 #330479

• ieeyc
  • Banned
  • Soaring to Har Sinai on the wings of an eagle!
Trouble wrote on 29 Apr 2018 22:02:
I actually find that this feces method keeps me out of my wife's bed, and that's a good thing (especially when she's in the forbidden state, but even when not)! So, keep on chiziking please.

which state is that,california?

לב  טהור   ברא   לי   אלקים , ורוח  נכון    חדש  בקרבי

to all my friends who heeded my request  to be so generous and give me a negative karma  for the sake of me acquiring       
                                                . humility ,i humbly  thank you                                                                                                 

Re: LUST OR DISGUST?LETS DISCUSS! 01 May 2018 18:24 #330550

• ieeyc
  • Banned
"ieeyc" post=330431 date=1525015885 catid=15hi , im just wondering if anyone on this site has a problem that they know to look at women /znus is an aveira ,but they look anyway?

ieeyc wrote on 29 Apr 2018 03:39:Warning: Spoiler!

to all my friends who heeded my request  to be so generous and give me a negative karma  for the sake of me acquiring       

Last Edit: 01 May 2018 18:41 by ieeyc.

Re: LUST OR DISGUST?LETS DISCUSS! 01 May 2018 18:33 #330552

• ieeyc
  • Banned
ieeyc wrote on 29 Apr 2018 15:39:
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

Re: LUST OR DISGUST?LETS DISCUSS! 02 May 2018 15:26 #330585

• ieeyc
  • Banned
the pasuk says:

TOSHES CHOSHECH, VIHE LAYLA -YOU(HASHEM)MADE DARKNESS ,AND IT IS NIGHT-

(chazal interpret this pasuk) ZEH HAOLAM HAZE SHEDOMEH LILAYLA- THIS IS

OLAM HAZEH (this world)THATS COMPARED TO NIGHT.

chazal are saying that this world is compared to night time where it is dark, in what way is this world  night and dark?

the darkness of night time  causes to distort a persons vision which will  make him make  two mistakes

1.the darkness causes a person to imagine when he sees a pole that its really a person(without street lamps of course),and a person he can think is only a pole.

2.the darkness prevents a person from seeing the dangers up ahead,like a hole in the ground etc.

lets take 1.,Chazal who have the LIGHT OF TORAH ,(like it says ner Mitzva ,vi `TORAH OHR-the Torah is compared to light,)they SEE through the darkness of this night, they are called EINEI HA`EDA-THE EYES OF THE CONGREGATION , when they say say whats what, we can be confident in their ass,essment. chazal say on this object of lust its tzo`ah ,feces ,it may be difficult for us to accept it and if we still are running after it its not because we`re  convinced that its feces,but we still want it, NO, we still see it as beautiful , meaning maybe our brain(reuvan ) knows its feces,but our hearts (shimon)KNOWS that its beauty and and our hearts are in charge of our actions and NOT OUR INGENIUS BRAINS,

(aristotle used to lecture on the degradation of fornication , and once his students found him in a house of ill fame and asked him diyou not teach us our teacher how wrong this is , answered aristotle,"im not aristotle right now"-heard from Reb Dovid Kviat ZTL )

in other words we can say the problem with our brain and heart is , the ideas of Torahwhich are in our brain is compared to light, it SEES things as they are, the heart however is darkness, i dont mean evil ,but i mean it does not see things as they REALLY are, the job is to bring the light from the Torah and Neshama , that see things as they TRULY are, and get the message to the heart so the heart also see things correctly. and as mentioned before , learning musar,brings the light of the Torah to the darkness of the heart and enlightens it also.

eisav harashas  head rolled into the Me`oras hamachpela, because he had the light  in his head, his downfall was that he didnt transfer it to his heart/body Rachmana litzlan. which remained outside the resting place of those Holy hearts/bodies, Avrohom Yitzchak and Yaakov Avinu,and the Imahos Hakedoshos.

(this last paragraph is based on what i heard and understand, i cant quote a source for it but i think its a famous vort)

question , what is preventing the light of the head from reaching the heart and how does learning musar help?

​to be continued be`ezras Hashem

Re: LUST OR DISGUST?LETS DISCUSS! 02 May 2018 16:43 #330589

• ieeyc
  • Banned
ieeyc wrote on 29 Apr 2018 16:17:
i think the answer to the spoiler is a known idea,and that is , there is reuvan and shimon, reuvan grew up being taught that its forbidden to look at women etc...shimon  on the other hand grew up among goyim and had the mindset of a  goy, nothings wrong ,nothings asur etc,one day shimon sees something in the street and looks, yanky approaches shimon and says ,why did you look at that lady,doesnt reuvan know that its forbidden?shimon will look at yanky and ask what does reuvans  knowledge have to do with me?

The same exact thing is with us , we have a seichel, brain(reuvan) ,it knows,it has the knowledge that looking is forbidden,the heart(shimon) which controls our actions[in chazals lashon,the melech of all the ayvarim is the heart] has the desire to look and DOES NOT HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE THAT IT IS FORBIDDEN! and the fact that reuvan (the brain) knows ,it does not affect the ignorant heart(shimon)

Whats OUR job, to take that knowledge in the brain and to send it to the heart until not only the brain knows it but also the heart knows it , and when the heart knows that its wrong to look, youll see a MAJOR difference in what you do in the street.
VIYADATA HAYOM, VIHASHAYVOSA EL LIVVECHA-YOU SHOULD know ths idea, and send  it to the heart, dont let it just remain  in the brain,and THATS  what learning musar accomplishes.

yanky approaches shimon and says ,why did you look at that lady,doesnt reuvan know that its forbidden?shimon will look at yanky and ask what does reuvans  knowledge have to do with me?

what if yanky asks shimon , ,"how can you claim that you dont know about looking at women , reuvan has been shouting it in your ears? 

shimon pulls out to expensive looking earplugs and says when shimon was talking to me , i had these in my ears!

we understand why shimon didnt hear ,dont we?

well the same thing is happening when our head tells our heart something, our heart is wearing earplugs,its called timtum halev,and what learning musar is doing is its BLASTING rays at the timtum and making cracks appear in the timtum,until small rays of light get through the cracks  and shine some light into the recesses of the darkness thats in the heart ,and makes a change.

it works if you work it and youre worth it!

question:ive been learning musar and it doesnt seem to help,what gives?

to be continued,be`ezras Hashem

Last Edit: 02 May 2018 19:41 by ieeyc.

Re: LUST OR DISGUST?LETS DISCUSS! 02 May 2018 17:09 #330591

• Shmeichel
  • Current streak: 980 days
  • Gold Boarder
  • Smiling to YOU!
hi there
first of all, the fact that you are learning musser, is a major achievement
it shows that you really want to get help
why not add to the musser some tehilim, being said very slow with כוונה
and also some SCREAMING to hashem, not out loud on the street, not that type at all
just screaming within yourself to hashem
"Tatte help me, the yetzer horo is way more stronger then me, take away the triggers, let me be clean just for today"
one more thought:
the person is the MIND the thoughts, thats what we are, the body is not the person
therefore we have to keep our minds clean and clear for any price, otherwise we are enslaved
of course the willpower will try to pull us away to its own lust, but the more we try to keep the mind on track, the easier it gets.
the lower we went down, the higher we can get up!
when going forward gets tough, its merely a sign that you are going uphill, just give more gas
put your sobriety first; before your wife, before your kids, before your avodas HaTorah (except for the 3 that are יעבור ואל יהרג) Without sobriety you won't have any of those things!

Re: LUST OR DISGUST?LETS DISCUSS! 02 May 2018 17:29 #330592

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Wow a blast from the past! Seeing you back again makes me 
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends
Last Edit: 02 May 2018 17:30 by gevura shebyesod.

Re: LUST OR DISGUST?LETS DISCUSS! 02 May 2018 22:35 #330604

• ieeyc
  • Banned
Rabbi Akiva was needing some encouragement after starting to learn Torah, and he passed by a rock and he saw a slow dripping of water on the rock had made a hole,and he said to himself , if water which is soft can  make a hole in a rock which is hard ,Torah which is compared to fire can make a hole IN MY HEART(shimon) and he went back to his learning, the same is with limud  haMusar, you may not see the affects of the water ,if you keep on looking day in day out but a change is happening! dont give up! HACHAZEK BAMUSAR AL TEREF ! NITZAREHA  KI HE CHAYECHA!-STRENGTHEN YOURSELF IN MUSAR,DONT LET GO! GUARD IT ! FOR IT IS YOUR LIFE!! (Reb Yisroel Salanter ztl)

Last Edit: 02 May 2018 22:38 by ieeyc.

Re: LUST OR DISGUST?LETS DISCUSS! 03 May 2018 05:01 #330622

• gevura shebyesod
  • Platinum Boarder
I heard that the Abarbanel on Pirkei Avos at the beginning of Perek Gimel says a similar idea. The first Mishna says “ know three things and you will not sin”. The following Mishnayos speak of the importance of studying Torah at all times. He explains that without the power of Torah, knowledge alone will not save you from sin. I haven’t had a chance to look it up inside yet

Update: See HERE (right hand column. It's Kedai to read the whole Peirush from the beginning of the Perek. He explains the second Mishna (Hevei Mispalel B;'Shloma Shel Malchus" in a similar vein.)

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
- General Grant

Last Edit: 03 May 2018 14:22 by gevura shebyesod. Reason: Added link.

Re: LUST OR DISGUST?LETS DISCUSS! 03 May 2018 14:21 #330627

• ieeyc
  • Banned
 a very goo d tzu shtell (as usual ) the chidush of Rav  Yisroel Salanter ZTL is that even   Torah  is not  enough, but you need also  limud hamusar.
thanks for the share!

Re: LUST OR DISGUST?LETS DISCUSS! 03 May 2018 14:28 #330628

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
ieeyc I assume you saw this message before editing. If not I can post again gratis

Take care
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story
Last Edit: 03 May 2018 15:03 by Markz.

Re: LUST OR DISGUST?LETS DISCUSS! 03 May 2018 15:34 #330634

• ieeyc
  • Banned
all i did was report to admin because i felt that someone  was playing around with my profile , i even have a proof,could be that im being a little paranoid but it was happening more than once  and it seemed to me to be too coincidental,i recommend to anyone on gye  if they have such issue they should go to admin , nothing low in that , and i posted on the public chat to get the message to the guy that im onto him  thats all.and please be my guest to repost your post ,and btw , i didnt disclose a tiny detail which would convince  others that what i suspect is not just paranoia. whatever it is  lets not get bogged down on these minor things and focus on why we`re  here  on gye ,and thats to recover on gye things,hatzlacha!

Last Edit: 03 May 2018 16:04 by ieeyc.

Re: LUST OR DISGUST?LETS DISCUSS! 03 May 2018 16:09 #330635

• gevura shebyesod
  • Platinum Boarder
ieeyc wrote on 03 May 2018 14:21:
 a very goo d tzu shtell (as usual ) the chidush of Rav  Yisroel Salanter ZTL is that even   Torah  is not  enough, but you need also  limud hamusar.
thanks for the share!

If anything, Abarbanel is sayng exactly the opposite. דַּע מֵאַיִן בָּאתָ, וּלְאָן אַתָּה הוֹלֵךְ etc. IS Mussar, but Mussar without Torah won't work either.

- General Grant

Re: LUST OR DISGUST?LETS DISCUSS! 03 May 2018 16:26 #330636

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder

My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story
Last Edit: 03 May 2018 16:42 by Markz.
Time to create page: 1.08 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes