Read once, then minimize to save screen space.

Forum Overview

Post on the forum to get support, tell your story and reach out for help when feeling weak!

You will never be alone in this struggle again.

The GYE forum is anonymous platform of group support, and a life-line of chizuk for hundreds of people in exactly your situation. 

To use the forum you need to first become a member of the site, sign up here.

After signing up to the site, go to the forum, enter one of our boards and press "New Topic" to begin posting! 

Welcome, Guest

Kedusha's Progress
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Kedusha's Progress 48417 Views

Re: Kedusha's Progress 07 Oct 2016 12:55 #295994

• Kedusha
  • Current streak: 3731 days
  • Administrator
I am very happy to share that, b'Ezras Hashem, tomorrow, Shabbos Shuva 5777, I will be 2,700 days clean.

The significance of this number is as follows.  As we know, in Halacha, when it comes to changing a habit, there are (at least) two significant numbers: 30 and 90.  For example, after 30 days of saying "Mashiv HaRuach" in Shemoneh Esrei, you can assume you said it, and would no longer have to repeat Shemoneh Esrei in a doubtful situation.  

Furthermore, if you say the phrase "Mashiv HaRuach u'Morid HaGeshem" 90 times (along with the preceding 5 words), then we also poskin that you would not have to repeat Shemoneh Esrei in a doubtful situation.

2,700 days is 30 x 90.

My Tefila is that, wherever each of us is holding in this journey, that we all continue to stay clean, one day at a time, and serve the RBS"O with Simchas HaChaim every single day!
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!

Re: Kedusha's Progress 07 Oct 2016 12:59 #295995

• Kedusha
  • Administrator
By the way, I had a dream last night - make that a nightmare - that I had a fall.  I've never in my life been so happy to wake up!
Just as an alcoholic needs to avoid that first sip, a lust addict needs to avoid that first slip.Slip today? No way! ;)Fall today? No way, Jose'!

Re: Kedusha's Progress 07 Oct 2016 13:39 #296002

• Markz
  • Current streak: 87 days
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
I wish it would only be a dream that I had falls
My Story---------Dov Quotes

What works for me:
ForumInternet Restrictions

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story
Last Edit: 07 Oct 2016 14:19 by Markz. Reason: Added the word "only" Ⓜ️

Re: Kedusha's Progress 23 May 2019 16:13 #341392

• Kedusha
  • Administrator
With tremendous gratitude to the RBS'O, to Guard, and to the GYE community, I am happy to report that I reached a special milestone today, be'H - 10 Years Clean!

Now, this is very important - I need to keep reminding myself:
Take it one decade  DAY at a time!

Wishing everyone a wonderful Lag Ba'Omer.  Keep on trucking, and hoping to hear good news from all of you!
Last Edit: 23 May 2019 16:14 by Kedusha.
Time to create page: 0.44 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes