Welcome, Guest

Why is it so hard?
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Why is it so hard? 5003 Views

Re: Why is it so hard? 24 Oct 2022 17:43 #386698

• geshmak!
  • Platinum Boarder
I don’t chap what you said…
can you please explain me in simple English why if there are two guys walking down the street one sees every immodest dressed woman and the other doesn’t even notice… and if they both do one gets all fired up like I wish I could have sex with her etc. and the other just gets on with he’s life????
Guys the only way were really gonna get help is with H’s help so we gotta beg him for help and he sure will help us cause he wants us helped!!
CRY TO HIM!!
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/2-What-Works-for-Me/387630-Powerful!#387630

Feel free to pm me!

Re: Why is it so hard? 24 Oct 2022 18:01 #386700

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Geshmak! wrote on 24 Oct 2022 17:43:
can you please explain me in simple English why if there are two guys walking down the street one sees every immodest dressed woman and the other doesn’t even notice… and if they both do one gets all fired up like I wish I could have sex with her etc. and the other just gets on with he’s life????

The other guy is not normal. That’s as simple English as it gets. Now move on with your life 

Ok?
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story
Last Edit: 24 Oct 2022 18:06 by Markz.

Re: Why is it so hard? 24 Oct 2022 18:22 #386703

• geshmak!
  • Platinum Boarder
lol!!
I’ll try 
Guys the only way were really gonna get help is with H’s help so we gotta beg him for help and he sure will help us cause he wants us helped!!
CRY TO HIM!!

Feel free to pm me!

Re: Why is it so hard? 24 Oct 2022 18:27 #386704

• geshmak!
  • Platinum Boarder
It’s actually not so funny… I live in bp and most men here are the other guy(I think at least) so I feel like I’m the not normal one not them… like when I go to airport with a bunch of chasdim I’m the only guy make sure to be so careful with my eyes cause I know what will happen if I’m not but all ( most) are just fine and chilled as if nothing going on around ( they think like just don’t look or like don’t think into what you see… like big deal) but for me it is!!
CRY TO HIM!!

Feel free to pm me!

Re: Why is it so hard? 24 Oct 2022 18:41 #386706

• geshmak!
  • Platinum Boarder
So today is my 90th day that I was bh not mzl. last time I did it was jul. 27. last night was a real tough one I actually cried like a baby that I want to see stuff my wife thought im going crazy told her I don’t like the life style I’m living want to just do what I want etc. but bh I just cried myself to sleep and woke up clean!!! So bh I get a BIG MAZEL TOV I MADE IT!!!!
thank you H’!!
H’ should help me further and further-forever! 
if you see this please answer with a mazel tov etc. and a bruchah thx. It will give me much chizuk to see how many other fellow yidden are happy and celebrating with me getting to day 90. (Even if never posted anything ever before let this be your first wishing someone on he’s hatzluchah)
CRY TO HIM!!

Feel free to pm me!
Last Edit: 25 Oct 2022 01:19 by geshmak!.

Re: Why is it so hard? 24 Oct 2022 18:53 #386709

• vehkam
  • Current streak: 981 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Geshmak! wrote on 24 Oct 2022 17:43:

i will try to explain.  In healthy attraction a person walking down the street will notice a women that is attractive to him.  His mind will then quickly filter that result based on the appropriateness of the attraction.  e.g. if one of them is already married then she is off limits.  He will not fantasize about her because it is not an option.  If indeed she is an option, then he will go about courtship in a respectful and appropriate way. 

Obviously if someone is dressed very provocatively this can play with your mind, but ultimately, someone that has a healthy way of feeling and processing attraction will filter the person out because they are off limits.  

someone with a distorted and unhealthy sense of attraction, will walk down the street without this filter.  Everyone they see has the potential of being the object of his fantasies.  Instead of thinking that the woman is attractive to me, let me see if i can find out more about her, get to know her etc in an appropriate manner, he can jump straight into sexually fantasizing about her without knowing her at all and without knowing if he would enjoy having a conversation with her.

This is posted on a very simple level.  There are many steps to healthy courtship.  Fantasizing about sleeping with random women you see  on the street is not one of them.  There may be many people that do it and think that it is normal.  It is not healthy and it is not an indication of having more sex drive, It is an indication of not knowing how to properly process and filter attraction.

I am not saying this in judgement of your feelings of attraction, rather i am trying to explain the clinical difference as i understand it between healthy and unhealthy attraction.
vehkam7@gmail.com

guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/375452-Work-in-progress

The Battle of the Generation by Hillel S. has been a huge help for me.  Message me to find out how you can receive a free copy.

some of the experiences I write about may make it easier to identify me.  This is ok.  I trust that if anyone discovers my identity they will keep it to themselves.  If you do realize that you  know me, I am completely comfortable and welcome you acknowledging me and my struggle in person.

Re: Why is it so hard? 24 Oct 2022 18:53 #386710

• ki sorisa
  • Junior Boarder
wow! mazal tov!!

Re: Why is it so hard? 24 Oct 2022 18:57 #386712

• vehkam
  • Current streak: 981 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Geshmak! wrote on 24 Oct 2022 18:41:
So today is my 90th day that I was bh not mzl. last time I did it was jul. 27. last night was a real tough one I actually cried like a baby that I want to see stuff my thought im going crazy told her I don’t like the life style I’m living want to just do what I want etc. but bh I just cried myself to sleep and woke up clean!!! So bh I get a BIG MAZEL TOV I MADE IT!!!!
thank you H’!!
if you see this please answer with a mazel tov etc. and a bruchah thx. It will give me much chizuk to see how many other fellow yidden are happy and celebrating with me getting to day 90. (Even if never posted anything ever before let this be your first wishing someone on he’s hatzluchah)

tremendous mazel tov!!! please celebrate with something nice.
Keep inspiring us.

best wishes
vehkam
vehkam7@gmail.com

guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/375452-Work-in-progress

The Battle of the Generation by Hillel S. has been a huge help for me.  Message me to find out how you can receive a free copy.

some of the experiences I write about may make it easier to identify me.  This is ok.  I trust that if anyone discovers my identity they will keep it to themselves.  If you do realize that you  know me, I am completely comfortable and welcome you acknowledging me and my struggle in person.

Re: Why is it so hard? 24 Oct 2022 19:06 #386714

• kavey
  • Expert Boarder
Mazel Tov! Maa'la Maa'la!

Re: Why is it so hard? 24 Oct 2022 19:46 #386718

• 5Uu80*cdwB#^
  • Current streak: 1054 days
  • Gold Boarder
Geshmak! wrote on 24 Oct 2022 18:41:
So today is my 90th day that I was bh not mzl. last time I did it was jul. 27. last night was a real tough one I actually cried like a baby that I want to see stuff my thought im going crazy told her I don’t like the life style I’m living want to just do what I want etc. but bh I just cried myself to sleep and woke up clean!!! So bh I get a BIG MAZEL TOV I MADE IT!!!!
thank you H’!!

Big mazal tov to you! We are all proud of your amazing accomplishment. Keep up the great work and keep up the willingness to suffer any physical pain you might experience in your ongoing journey of living a life of morality and rejection of pritzus. It is not always easy, but it is always worth it to do what's right.
If you are wondering why you can't stop masturbating even though you're guarding your eyes, it's because you're fantasizing.

Re: Why is it so hard? 25 Oct 2022 04:18 #386749

• yechielmichel
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Expert Boarder
Mz”t on your accomplishment
it does in a way get easier over time
i think a lot has to do with the way you go about it.
First of all, any yid, especially a Ben torah would want to keep his mind busy with divrei Torah at every moment… that itself elevates you and it’s a major help.
Second, when you do notice a woman and find her attractive, what do you do with that thought? There is a whole spectrum of choices. You can take it further, and start to fantasize about doing things with her. Or you can reflect/obsess on the attraction without fantasizing. Or you can notice the beauty. You can obsess over that too, or you can think yourself, yes, this is a beautiful woman hashem created , אין  אשה אלא ליופי….
At any moment you are free to turn away, and redirect your thoughts to whatever was occupying your mind the moment before, or divrei Torah… thoughts are like a running stream of water… the thought you had a second ago is now gone down the river…

*when I say “ you can” above  it doesn’t mean it’s mutar lhalach

Re: Why is it so hard? 25 Oct 2022 17:59 #386768

• geshmak!
  • Platinum Boarder
I want to thank everyone that took the time to congratulate me. Than you very much!!

Someone sent me a message(pm)…I don’t want him to think I’m ignoring him so I’m writing this… I can’t use pm on gye (please don’t ask why:wink:) so who ever you are and what ever you sent or any question you asked please feel free to post it here.
no need to worry know body knows your true identity anyway and I won’t get insulted either. Thx! Looking forward to see it.
ps please write that you are the one that pmed me so I should know (cause I’m so curious what it was)
CRY TO HIM!!

Feel free to pm me!
Last Edit: 25 Oct 2022 18:00 by geshmak!.

Re: Why is it so hard? 25 Oct 2022 18:18 #386769

• geshmak!
  • Platinum Boarder
Btw does anybody know how I could get my pm opened again like can I do teshuvah or it’s to late I lost my chance?!?!
like who can I connect or will it just open again by itself?
CRY TO HIM!!

Feel free to pm me!

Re: Why is it so hard? 25 Oct 2022 19:11 #386775

• kavey
  • Expert Boarder
You should be able to reach out to the mods here and under Contact GYE:
guardyoureyes.com/support

Re: Why is it so hard? 25 Oct 2022 20:00 #386776

Geshmak! wrote on 25 Oct 2022 18:18:
Btw does anybody know how I could get my pm opened again like can I do teshuvah or it’s to late I lost my chance?!?!
like who can I connect or will it just open again by itself?

I've been in PM quarantine a while back for about a month (more accurately, my PM was in quarantine), after which I emailed the Mods, and they reopened it.
We get only one chance at life.
This is not a rehearsal; it's the real thing.

Father, help me live sober Today.
Time to create page: 0.60 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes