Welcome, Guest

Giving a Genuine Try
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Giving a Genuine Try 6712 Views

Re: Giving a Genuine Try 21 Feb 2022 05:06 #377684

• omekhadavar
  • Expert Boarder
Day #42
Total clean days since starting GYE: 100!!!!
-Dvar Ha'emek
“Stop worrying about the world ending today. It’s already tomorrow in Australia.”
-Charlie Brown

Re: Giving a Genuine Try 24 Feb 2022 03:18 #377811

• omekhadavar
  • Expert Boarder
Day #45
50% of the way to 90 Days!!!
-Dvar Ha'emek
“Stop worrying about the world ending today. It’s already tomorrow in Australia.”
-Charlie Brown

Re: Giving a Genuine Try 24 Feb 2022 03:34 #377812

• farmer k.
  • Current streak: 79 days
  • Senior Boarder
keep it up
The ultimate goal of farming is not the growing of crops, but the cultivation and perfection of human beings

Re: Giving a Genuine Try 24 Feb 2022 05:51 #377817

• Yosef Hamevakesh
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Senior Boarder
Lechayim on the halfway point!! It gives me chizuk every time I see other ppl proving that it's possible. Keep going brother! Lookin forward to celebrating the next 45 with you!
Y'all can contact me at Yosefhamevakesh@gmail.com

Re: Giving a Genuine Try 27 Feb 2022 07:37 #377893

• 613guard
  • Current streak: 52 days
  • Senior Boarder
omekhadavar wrote on 24 Feb 2022 03:18:
Day #45
50% of the way to 90 Days!!!
-Dvar Ha'emek

Its more than 50percent of 90 days
its 100percent of 45 awesome days!
RIDE THE WAVES.
Keep Fighting because thats why you're alive! 
Never ever give up no matter how many times you fall.
If you are about to fall call someone for chizuk.
DON'T FALL,CALL.

Check out easypeasymethod.org

My thread
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/375231-looking-for-chizuk

Re: Giving a Genuine Try 27 Feb 2022 16:15 #377902

• omekhadavar
  • Expert Boarder
Had a fall last night. Made it to 48 days clean. That's double my previous streak. Now I have a total of 106 clean days since starting GYE. I've seen significant progress since starting GYE and am going to continue my journey to freedom.
kol tuv,
-Dvar Ha'emek
-Charlie Brown

Re: Giving a Genuine Try 27 Feb 2022 17:59 #377915

• davidt
  • Platinum Boarder
omekhadavar wrote on 27 Feb 2022 16:15:
Had a fall last night. Made it to 48 days clean. That's double my previous streak. Now I have a total of 106 clean days since starting GYE. I've seen significant progress since starting GYE and am going to continue my journey to freedom.
kol tuv,
-Dvar Ha'emek

You have an amazing positive attitude that all of us can learn from it. 

If you view your lapse as a mistake and as a product of external triggers, rather than as a personal failure, research shows that you will have a much better chance of return to abstinence quickly. Your lapse becomes a tool to move forward and to strengthen your motivation to change, your identification of triggers and urge-controlling techniques, your rational coping skills, and the lifestyle changes needed to lead a more balanced life.
"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?"
feel free to reach out @  ahavayirah@gmail.com

Re: Giving a Genuine Try 23 Mar 2022 01:06 #378943

• omekhadavar
  • Expert Boarder
Fell after 20 days. Found a loophole in my filter system. Going to patch it and get back up. 
Total days clean since starting GYE: 126!
-Charlie Brown

Re: Giving a Genuine Try 23 Mar 2022 01:56 #378945

• oivedelokim
  • Current streak: 61 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Sorry to hear about your fall. 
Mazel Tov on 126 days! 
Good for you that your not getting bogged down by the fall and getting back up right away.
Rooting for your success!
OE
I am a bochur with a passion for meaning and truth, searching to remain clean and live a holy and fulfilling life.

If you are reading this-you have a friend in me.
Feel free to PM me and I'll share my offline contact information, so we can call and text. I'd be honored if you'd trust me with your story and promise to support you in any way I possibly can.
I've been on GYE for over 7 years. "I may walk slow, but I never walk back" (-Abraham Lincoln?).
(For the background and meaning of my username- see Tanya chapter 15).

My current thread 

Re: Giving a Genuine Try 03 Apr 2022 06:14 #379496

• 613guard
  • Current streak: 52 days
  • Senior Boarder
How you doing?
Davening for you
RIDE THE WAVES.
Keep Fighting because thats why you're alive! 
Never ever give up no matter how many times you fall.
If you are about to fall call someone for chizuk.
DON'T FALL,CALL.

Check out easypeasymethod.org

My thread
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/375231-looking-for-chizuk

Re: Giving a Genuine Try 04 Apr 2022 00:22 #379532

• omekhadavar
  • Expert Boarder
Thanks, it's going great. I'm finishing off the zman strong and getting ready for Bein Hazmanim. I am working out a list of things I want to get done so I can structure my days properly (בטלה מביאה לידי חטא).
-Charlie Brown

Re: Giving a Genuine Try 12 Apr 2022 02:40 #379880

• omekhadavar
  • Expert Boarder
A fresh start
Ok. going to start posting here regularly till zman gets started up again as a form of achrayus. 
Yesterday, I had a very productive day in the morning. I went to Shachris, learned for a few hours, and then helped out around the house. But after that, I had nothing planned and started watching YouTube videos and movies. This eventually led to me being triggered and having a setback. This completely threw me off. I went to sleep late, overslept in the morning, and basically lost my entire morning. Luckily, I was able to salvage the rest of my day. I rescheduled with my chavrusah and learned for a few hours in the afternoon. Then I helped kasher a kitchen at home.
I need to set up gedarim at home. For starters, I'm cutting out all movies and YouTube from my diet. Next, I'm removing my computer from my room. I'll leave it downstairs. Lastly, I'll try to schedule my days in more detail.
Iy"h I'll have a successful Bain Hazmanim.
Signing off for the night, 
-Dvar Ha'emek
-Charlie Brown

Re: Giving a Genuine Try 12 Apr 2022 03:58 #379881

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
omekhadavar wrote on 12 Apr 2022 02:40:
A fresh start
Ok. going to start posting here regularly till zman gets started up again as a form of achrayus. 
Yesterday, I had a very productive day in the morning. I went to Shachris, learned for a few hours, and then helped out around the house. But after that, I had nothing planned and started watching YouTube videos and movies. This eventually led to me being triggered and having a setback. This completely threw me off. I went to sleep late, overslept in the morning, and basically lost my entire morning. Luckily, I was able to salvage the rest of my day. I rescheduled with my chavrusah and learned for a few hours in the afternoon. Then I helped kasher a kitchen at home.
I need to set up gedarim at home. For starters, I'm cutting out all movies and YouTube from my diet. Next, I'm removing my computer from my room. I'll leave it downstairs. Lastly, I'll try to schedule my days in more detail.
-Dvar Ha'emek

Love it!
  1. “I'm cutting out all movies and YouTube from my diet
    I’m removing my computer from my room. I'll leave it downstairs
  2. Lastly, I'll try to schedule my days in more detail.

Me personally? #3 can be a more beneficial step than the others, although you definitely don’t want to skip those. 
In that case, the non-commital “I’ll try” can do with tweaking, and the “more detail” can do with something concrete but hey - without too many details. 

I can help you with it, however generally it can be more user-friendly if you are the one that gets the punches rolling, so - any ideas here?
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Giving a Genuine Try 13 Apr 2022 02:09 #379929

• omekhadavar
  • Expert Boarder
Markz wrote on 12 Apr 2022 03:58:

omekhadavar wrote on 12 Apr 2022 02:40:
A fresh start
-Dvar Ha'emek

Love it!
  1. “I'm cutting out all movies and YouTube from my diet
    I’m removing my computer from my room. I'll leave it downstairs
  2. Lastly, I'll try to schedule my days in more detail.

Me personally? #3 can be a more beneficial step than the others, although you definitely don’t want to skip those. 
In that case, the non-commital “I’ll try” can do with tweaking, and the “more detail” can do with something concrete but hey - without too many details. 

I can help you with it, however generally it can be more user-friendly if you are the one that gets the punches rolling, so - any ideas here?

Thanks! 
I'm not sure what you mean in your last paragraph. Could you clarify?
Thanks
-Charlie Brown

Re: Giving a Genuine Try 13 Apr 2022 02:12 #379930

• omekhadavar
  • Expert Boarder
Day #1
Today went really well. I accomplished a lot. And had barely any urges. Feeling exhausted now. Gonna go to sleep.
-Dvar Ha'emek
-Charlie Brown
Time to create page: 0.63 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes