Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Dov Quotes 55946 Views

Re: Dov Quotes 27 Jun 2019 21:42 #341978

• Dov
  • Administrator
Before I join the soup here:

Is this entire discussion mainly drushos l'hagdil Torah like discussing ben sorer umoreh (which may be a great mitzvah)...anybody willing to openly admit if this is their interest here, please?

...or is there anybody here who will come forward and admit that they are actually trying to better apply these ideas to work with an addict/themselves?

Thanks for your openness and honesty, either way.
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Dov Quotes 27 Jun 2019 22:45 #341979

• cordnoy
Dov wrote on 27 Jun 2019 21:42:

Is this entire discussion mainly drushos l'hagdil Torah like discussing ben sorer umoreh (which may be a great mitzvah)...anybody willing to openly admit if this is their interest here, please?

...or is there anybody here who will come forward and admit that they are actually trying to better apply these ideas to work with an addict/themselves?

I certainly do not belong to the former; perhaps, by some mistake, I can be included in the latter.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Dov Quotes 28 Jun 2019 09:28 #341986

• GrowStrong
  • Current streak: 2153 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • OMAAT

I like knaidle, lokshen and porogen.
But i love Dov

Re: Dov Quotes 28 Jun 2019 20:18 #341988

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder

#1. That’s not my interest. 
#2. No I’m not actively working on myself. I’m in a good place these past weeks, but not fully. Unmanageable life is what I feel often almost at the brink of, although BH generally I’m able to keep the distance.

People are different. 
Some are addicts some aren’t but there’s a broad line in between. 

Before you join the soup, remember that there’s a whole variety of soup being offered. Chicken soup, vegetable soup etc etc
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Dov Quotes 01 Jul 2019 04:01 #342026

• hakolhevel
  • Current streak: 42 days
  • Platinum Boarder

#1 It is my interest, I do like a good discussion, however I do prefer if... (See number 2)

#2 The answer/explanation will not just be theoretical in nature ( this is an addict, this is not an addict...) But rather of practical ideas and thoughts what to do if one is one or other. 
My Thread:The Road To Being Honest With Myself (and others:)

My other Thread: My Daily Inspiration

I'm not a slow learner, I'm just quick to forget" - Eli Nash

A bit of honesty and less over confidence might help me - Imperfection

Re: Dov Quotes 19 Nov 2020 14:21 #357554

• eved41
  • Current streak: 789 days
  • Junior Boarder
This is a great thread.

Re: Dov Quotes 03 Dec 2020 02:31 #358144

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
eved41 wrote on 19 Nov 2020 14:21:
This is a great thread.

Yeah. 

GIBBOR WITH THE DUMBELLS, WE NEED SOME NEW HEAVY WEIGHT DOV POSTS!

Are you in a red zone that closed the gyms?  Well then you should sue, because this is definitely an essential service and they have no right.
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Dov Quotes 03 Dec 2020 02:41 #358145

• Dov
  • Administrator
Thanks so much. Becausevof this material, I've had the privilege of speaking to 4-5 new guys a week by phone, through GYE or SA connections. People call because writing back and forth behind usernames just doesn't cut it for people with a serious problem. Since I'm an addict in recovery, I understand and have no shame about being honest with another serious person and bH there are many.

So if anybody enjoys this thread and thinks they might benefit from discussing their own situation in light of anything mentioned here, you are welcome to call me at 917-414-8205

Hatzlocha and have a good day!

Dov
"Off the 18-wheeler and fine on this tricycle!", "I do not particularly care exactly which "lav" suicide is. I'm not interested in it for other reasons...and you are probably the same."

Re: Dov Quotes 16 May 2022 22:28 #380786

• eved41
  • Current streak: 789 days
  • Junior Boarder
Bump
Time to create page: 0.61 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes