Welcome, Guest

So Blessed to be here
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: So Blessed to be here 319 Views

So Blessed to be here 09 Sep 2020 09:27 #354802

• navigo
  • Fresh Boarder
I thank Hashem that I found this supportive and loving group of Neshamot!  I am a 50-year-old Jewish man, who is learning to love Hakodesh Baruch Hu through Daily Prayer deepening Torah Study, and the performance of Mitzvot.

After watching a video lecture from a Rabbi about a Near Death Experience he has before he became religious, it opened my eyes to how my actions and sexual immorality were blemishing my Neshamah not to mention my relationship with G-D.  I felt such shame for how I have been treating Hashem.

I thought to myself, how can I grow deeper in my relationship with Hashem while I am doing these immoral acts?  

I knew right then and there that I had to change and offer Tsuvah for all these sins I have done.  And by the grace of Hashem, I found this group!  

It literally just appeared on my Google Window while i was searching about the next Torah Parsha.  

It was truly a gift given to me from Hashem!  Amazing!!

I have started my 90 days journey and with all of your help, will succeed and change this behavior from spreading Sin to Performing Mitzvot!

Thank you so much

Navi

Re: So Blessed to be here 09 Sep 2020 12:45 #354806

• bego
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi Navi

Hope it all works out for you.

Its a good place.
I came.
I saw
I conquered.
I failed. 
Too much I. 

Re: So Blessed to be here 09 Sep 2020 12:53 #354808

• navigo
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you, Bego!

So glad to be here and feel your support

Shalom my friend

Navi

Re: So Blessed to be here 09 Sep 2020 12:58 #354810

• Captain
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome Navi! That's an amazing story of how Hashem brought you to the right place!

Why don't you check out these great free resources to help jumpstart your journey to 90 days? 

The Battle of the Generation https://guardyoureyes.com/ebooks/item/the-battle-of-the-generation. This awesome ebook will help you get excited to fight the Yetzer Hora.

Rabbi Shafier's incredible lectures on breaking free: The Fight. Download here: https://theshmuz.com/series/the-fight/
In the place where ba’alei teshuva stand, even pure tzaddikim who never sinned cannot stand. (Rabbi Avohu, Brachos 34b)

Great free resources:
My favorite book for breaking free: The Battle of the Generation 
https://guardyoureyes.com/ebooks/item/the-battle-of-the-generation. Change your attitude and change your life!

Rabbi Shafier's incredible lectures on breaking free: The Fight. Download here: 
https://theshmuz.com/series/the-fight/

If you're only ready to try something small, check out an easier way to do self-talk here:
https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/378128-Captain—Shtarkemotionals-Secret90Day-Challenge

Re: So Blessed to be here 09 Sep 2020 15:14 #354821

• navigo
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you, Captain!  I truly appreciate your words of encouragement!     

Wow!  Great Resources.  I will enjoy studying them and receiving guidance from them during my journey.

Have a blessed day!

Navi

Re: So Blessed to be here 09 Sep 2020 16:44 #354827

• grant400
  • Current streak: 13 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome! Great to have you with us!

You must formulate a plan. You clearly have the will to improve but you must also have be clear why you want to. Without having it crystal clear when confronted with desire, even the best intentions crumble and disappear.

You must diagnose your biggest weaknesses and create a plan to avoid and deal with them.

Most of all, you must have a response to an urge. Be it reviewing your reasons to be clean, reminding yourself why you will enjoy not acting out even more, an activity to take your mind off it etc. whatever may work.

Join the forum to discuss your thoughts and dreams, your fights and struggles, battles won and lost. Ask for advice, dole out chizuk and learn from everyone's experiences.

Looking forward to getting to know you better.

Grant
Last Edit: 09 Sep 2020 16:45 by grant400.

Re: So Blessed to be here 09 Sep 2020 17:17 #354829

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Grant400 wrote on 09 Sep 2020 16:44:
Welcome! Great to have you with us!

1. You must formulate a plan.
2. You clearly have the will to improve but you must also have be clear why you want to. Without having it crystal clear when confronted with desire, even the best intentions crumble and disappear.

3. You must diagnose your biggest weaknesses and create a plan to avoid and deal with them.

4. Most of all, you must have a response to an urge. Be it reviewing your reasons to be clean, reminding yourself why you will enjoy not acting out even more, an activity to take your mind off it etc. whatever may work.

Join the forum to discuss your thoughts and dreams, your fights and struggles, battles won and lost. Ask for advice, dole out chizuk and learn from everyone's experiences.

Looking forward to getting to know you better.

Grant

I don’t agree with #2 or #4, but that’s just me :-)
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: So Blessed to be here 10 Sep 2020 00:08 #354851

• Rebuild613
  • Gold Boarder
Demolished is my real name
Fool is my middle name
Last Edit: 01 Apr 2021 12:52 by Rebuild613. Reason: I'm gone

Re: So Blessed to be here 10 Sep 2020 07:20 #354869

• navigo
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you, Grant400.  I am looking forward to getting to know you and all the other members who are working on themselves and getting closer to Hakodesh Baruch Hu through this process.
All your statements are powerful in their ability to help a person through times of struggle and find a place of clarity and celebration

Thanks so much

Re: So Blessed to be here 10 Sep 2020 07:23 #354870

• navigo
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks, Markz!  It is very interesting how each person creates their own system that works best for them.  

I am glad to see that your plan and execution of growth is paying off in huge dividends.  

It is so inspiring to see your success

Re: So Blessed to be here 10 Sep 2020 07:25 #354871

• navigo
  • Fresh Boarder
Thank you so much, Demolished!  I am delighted to be here amongst so many inspired people like yourself.

I am truly blessed and honored to be sharing this path of learning together.

G-D Bless you, my friend

Re: So Blessed to be here 10 Sep 2020 21:00 #354890

• Rebuild613
  • Gold Boarder
Demolished is my real name
Fool is my middle name
Last Edit: 01 Apr 2021 12:53 by Rebuild613. Reason: I'm gone

Re: So Blessed to be here 11 Sep 2020 00:09 #354896

• navigo
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi Demolished.  My day was great.  doing fine and empowered for this great change.  Thank you for checking in on me.

How was your day?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.55 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes