Welcome, Guest

Restarting the journey, after a plateau
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Restarting the journey, after a plateau 14789 Views

Re: Restarting the journey, after a plateau 19 Jan 2021 05:23 #361549

• realestatemogul
  • Current streak: 1290 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Good for you! I love your thread because you are so focused on your goal it is very inspiring! 

Re: Restarting the journey, after a plateau 19 Jan 2021 06:37 #361553

Realestatemogul wrote on 19 Jan 2021 05:23:
Good for you! I love your thread because you are so focused on your goal it is very inspiring! 

Thank you REM, really appreciate it!

Re: Restarting the journey, after a plateau 19 Jan 2021 21:21 #361581

Day 61
BH a good day for learning.

Been feeling a bit down mentally this week, spoke to an avreich this week about what I think is getting me down. It's reassuring to hear someone who felt/feels the same way about certain issue, but also frustrating to hear that I just have to accept the situation, there's not much I can change.
Being in not such a great mood makes me feel a bit more vunderable, so I need to make sure I'm proactive in my prevention.

Trying to also get an early night, late nights aren't conducive to being successful in this inyan and they also impact my learning negatively.

Looking_to_Improve
Last Edit: 19 Jan 2021 21:25 by looking_to_improve.

Re: Restarting the journey, after a plateau 20 Jan 2021 22:23 #361651

Day 62

BH mostly a good day today, went to a very good shiur tonight.
I've allowed myself to fantasise occasionally over the last few days when I lie down. I need to be more strict with myself and make sure to think of another topic. I think I'm ok with dealing with it, but I've delayed too much than necessary. I need to avoid slipping back into old habits

Re: Restarting the journey, after a plateau 21 Jan 2021 06:37 #361669

• starting
  • Current streak: 5 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Looking_to_improve wrote on 20 Jan 2021 22:23:
Day 62

BH mostly a good day today, went to a very good shiur tonight.
I've allowed myself to fantasise occasionally over the last few days when I lie down. I need to be more strict with myself and make sure to think of another topic. I think I'm ok with dealing with it, but I've delayed too much than necessary. I need to avoid slipping back into old habits

You always have to be alert and can never allow yourself any leeway. I had the same story and only caught myself when I was at the point of falling. That should not happen. The fight would not even have started had I been distracting myself on time.

Kot
The start of 'STARting' is 'star'. Just start and you're a star!!

'the cleaner I stay, the cleaner I stay' - AlexEliezer
העבר עיני מראות שוא, בדרכך חינו (תהלים קיט, לז)
PM me for my phone number

Re: Restarting the journey, after a plateau 21 Jan 2021 22:36 #361699

Day 63
Week 9

BH was a busy day with good learning 

Re: Restarting the journey, after a plateau 21 Jan 2021 23:54 #361701

Foolishly checked the loophole I got closed up the other day, it didn't work as it should have. I paused for a few seconds, thinking about what to go have a look at, and realised I really don't want this, nothing positive will come from it. I have a long way to go still, if after 9 weeks clean, my mouth still waters, and my heart rate goes up, at the prospect of finding something to look at and masturbate to. Relapsing is only going to lengthen the journey and undo my progress. I've been fed up in the past of a lack of improvement, so now that I'm in a situation where I am improving, I need to stay far away from old habits.

BH it's working again, bli neder I won't check it again
Goodnight

Re: Restarting the journey, after a plateau 22 Jan 2021 02:41 #361709

• grant400
  • Current streak: 13 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Looking_to_improve wrote on 21 Jan 2021 23:54:
Foolishly checked the loophole I got closed up the other day, it didn't work as it should have. I paused for a few seconds, thinking about what to go have a look at, and realised I really don't want this, nothing positive will come from it. I have a long way to go still, if after 9 weeks clean, my mouth still waters, and my heart rate goes up, at the prospect of finding something to look at and masturbate to. Relapsing is only going to lengthen the journey and undo my progress. I've been fed up in the past of a lack of improvement, so now that I'm in a situation where I am improving, I need to stay far away from old habits.
(even wrong)
BH it's working again, bli neder I won't check it again
Goodnight

It may always remain like that, but you clearly came a long way if you remained levelheaded and in control. 

If I were you, I'd be feeling proud of the long way I already came, not feeling sad with the long way still to go!

Re: Restarting the journey, after a plateau 22 Jan 2021 04:32 #361715

• Ish MiGrodno
  • Current streak: 1321 days
  • Platinum Boarder
LTI, we are kindred spirits - we are both on day 63!

As the General pointed out, focus on your accomplishments (which would have been unfathomable but a few months ago)

!ה׳ עמך גבור החיל

ה׳ עמך גבור החיל! [שופטים ו׳ יב׳]

Perhaps you can find chizuk from my thread at guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/356161-Intro 

Feel free to reach out to me at
jackz90dys@gmail.com

Re: Restarting the journey, after a plateau 22 Jan 2021 08:44 #361722

Feeling desire to act out this morning. Been a very busy week and I need a break, a soothing, pleasurable break from reality. Been feeling a bit aroused as well. Been a few difficult days recently in the battle, and now I just want to masturbate and get it out.

If I continue trying to X-ray every women or picture of a women I see, what am I other than an X-ray machine? I can't continue desiring something so detrimental to myself
gibbor120 wrote on 07 Nov 2011 18:14:
Objectifying Myself ???:

dov wrote on 07 Nov 2011 18:08:

Which reminds me that when I think of a women as an object, I am really thinking of myself as less of a person and more of an object: A sexual pleasure-being rather than a real human-being.

Last Edit: 22 Jan 2021 08:55 by looking_to_improve.

Re: Restarting the journey, after a plateau 22 Jan 2021 08:59 #361723

Sometimes I just hate this. Why do I obsess about thinking of masturbation, and objecting others so often? It doesn't feel normal, I don't feel normal
Last Edit: 22 Jan 2021 09:00 by looking_to_improve.

Re: Restarting the journey, after a plateau 22 Jan 2021 12:31 #361728

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
First of all congratulations on where you are up to. You have come a long way and besides BH doing so well, you are inspiring many others with constant honest posts.

Secondly, you are 100% normal. Everyone has urges to release sexually. Accept it. Hashem made us like this so we should iyh raise beautiful families with many cute kinderlach. The urge will be utilized b'ezras Hashem at the right time with the proper focus. Until then we remind ourselves that it is only a temporary urge, and that you bh have full control over it. It's not super easy, but it is doable; and the reward in this world of menuchas hanefesh is incredible. Besides the reward in the Next World which tzaddikim say is beyond our imagination.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: Restarting the journey, after a plateau 22 Jan 2021 14:16 #361729

Day 64

Have no idea how my urge subsided earlier, but very grateful to HKB"H that it did. It was very overwhelming.

Have a great shabbos everyone
Looking_to_Improve
Last Edit: 23 Jan 2021 16:39 by looking_to_improve.

Re: Restarting the journey, after a plateau 23 Jan 2021 16:53 #361743

Shabbos was a bit tougher than normal, no strong urges as such, but a lot of thoughts running through my mind, which I couldn't quite get rid of.It's gonna be a long motsei shabbos, gonna go for a run and try to tire myself out

Re: Restarting the journey, after a plateau 23 Jan 2021 22:48 #361748

Day 65

Went for a very long run tonight, and bH kept myself busy. Going to sleep tonight. Thank God I haven't had as strong urges as I did on Friday
Time to create page: 0.62 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes