Welcome, Guest

One day at time (again!)
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: One day at time (again!) 1905 Views

One day at time (again!) 20 Nov 2017 14:44 #322625

Dear all,

This is not my first time here. A few months ago, I tried one more time and I really reach 45 days clean. It was great! I was living a great moment in my life. I was not ashamed at all. And for many weeks I was totally involved in my sobriety and being grateful to Hashem, but I failed...

I was so depressed... Since than it's being very hard to get just one day clean…

Today would be my second day clean! It’s a small victory, but I am glad. I know I can’t control my future or even my addiction, but I am/will trying to manage my sobriety. ODAAT, I know it.

I have a good friend from GYE helping me on my journey (I think I could call him a sponsor!) and I am reading Rav Twerski’s book “Teshuvah through recovery”. Hope this forum could be another form to be engaged and not be alone in this journey…

Re: One day at time [again] 20 Nov 2017 15:26 #322628

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome back brother!

Keep is posted right here with your progress ;-)
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: One day at time (again!) 20 Nov 2017 17:22 #322632

• tzaddik212
  • Current streak: 241 days
  • Banned
  • אנא עבדא דקוב"ה
Hi Guys,
I saw Yesterday an inspiring piece from Reb Tzodek Hacohen of Lublin, and let me share it:

מי שיש לו תשוקה גדולה לתאות הגוף, אל יתעצב בזה לחשוב כמה פגום הוא שיש לו תשוקה כ"כ. כי אדרבא הוא כלי מוכן לתוקף אהבת ותשוקת דרישת האמת. וכמו שנחמו ההוא סבא לאביי (בסוכה נ"ב.) וע"ז אמרו, דלעת"ל צדיקים נדמה להם יצה"ר כהר ורשעים כחוט השערה ואינו שקר רק שניהם אמת כי לאלו תשוקתם ותאותם עצומה ביותר, עכ"ל. (צדקת הצדיק לר"צ הכהן מלובלין אות מ"ד)

Check out my recovery story at: guardyoureyes.com/forum/2-What-Works-for-Me/323855-Re-What-got-me-to-day-92#323859
Feel free to send me an Email at: zestful718@hotmail.com

Re: One day at time (again!) 20 Nov 2017 19:23 #322636

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
Welcome back. It's nice to live sober, isn't it? My worse day in sobriety is better than my best day in active addiction. 

Keep coming and posting and working with your sponsor. You help him too!
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts
Lions & Tigers & Internet, Oh My!

--"ולא המדרש עיקר, אלא המעשה"
--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.
--You hit rock bottom when you decide to stop digging.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.42 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes