Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: On my way... 12747 Views

Re: On my way... 16 Nov 2017 17:51 #322505

• ieeyc
  • Banned
  • Soaring to Har Sinai on the wings of an eagle!
you are our inspiration chazak!i almost had a fall today but remebered how i felt after a previous fall  i felt so bad and sad ,that helped to stop ,remember the waves will pass and youll feel so much happier .be well!we`re Davening for you!!

לב  טהור   ברא   לי   אלקים , ורוח  נכון    חדש  בקרבי

to all my friends who heeded my request  to be so generous and give me a negative karma  for the sake of me acquiring       
                                                . humility ,i humbly  thank you                                                                                                 

Last Edit: 16 Nov 2017 17:53 by ieeyc.

Re: On my way... 16 Nov 2017 18:15 #322508

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
benblum wrote on 16 Nov 2017 17:17:
Hey Everybody,

Day 17 here. Still clean. However, big lust attacks between yesterday and today. I need your strength to make it. I have kind of started slipping but stopped before it was too late after a few minutes. I know that I can make it. I do not want to fall. Hashem help me, please. I do NOT want to fall. Any words of encouragements can help!

Ben you wrote "I know that I can make it"
How do you know?
Before I discovered gye I always knew I could make it... "
until...
oops I think I messed up an hour ago... oh well who cares... 4gt abt wt hpnd... going ahead I know I'll make it... and then a few days later oops I think I messed up an hour ago... and the cycle repeated again... and again

Hey - whenever you're ready to join gye recovery Trucking with me and other cool guys, jdi!!
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: On my way... 16 Nov 2017 22:24 #322528

• benblum
  • Senior Boarder
Hey Markz,

I am on GYE for a few years now and I do make nice progresses. I am certainly not perfect and I fall a lot but I managed to grow BH and to find way to FIGHT. I know that I can go higher and higher. That's what I meant when I said "I know that I can make it". You think a better attitude would be to say "I know I won't make it". Depression feed the cycle from what I understood. So a positive and uplifting attitude is not all the solution but at least a part of it (or the beginning of it). I know that I can make it because if Hashem gave me this challenge, it means that I can overcome it. This is what I meant.

What do you mean by join gye recovery trucking? I am always interested hearing new ideas...

By the way, I am still clean!!! Thank you all for your words of encouragements and davening. It worked! I AM STILL STANDING!!

Re: On my way... 22 Nov 2017 21:27 #322740

• benblum
  • Senior Boarder
Hey Everybody,
23 days clean here!! I am happy but I know I can fall at any moment. I am going through random lust attacks (a lot in my sleep with lust dreams). More spaced out though....My eyes got pulled by a random images on the internet or in work related magazines but until now, I am doing well. It has only been 23 days but it seems like a long time to me. It feels great and I do not want to fall. I am on my way to the 90 days. If you have any tricks/suggestions, I am always open to new ideas. Let me know
Ben 

Re: On my way... 22 Nov 2017 22:14 #322741

• Ftndrug
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Senior Boarder
Its really great you're holding on so well.
i will quote here what HashemHelpMe answered me for a similar question on my thread:

"Firstly, the yetzer hora does not give up so fast. If he cant get you one way, he will try another. Secondly, your body is not used to abstention. it was trained for a long time to use "the drug". Its only atural that until your body realizes you mean business, that this will continue. But the good news is that it recedes with time b'ezras Hashem.......   What you are experiencing is completely normal."

if you accept that it becomes easier.

Good luck!
"Esh tamid tukad al hamizbeah lo tichbe"
אם אין אני לי-מי לי? וכשאני לעצמי-מה אני.. ואם לא עכשיו.. אימתי??
nobody can save me now. Its do-or die.

Re: On my way... 22 Nov 2017 22:49 #322743

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
benblum wrote on 22 Nov 2017 21:27:
Hey Everybody,
23 days clean here!! I am happy but I know I can fall at any moment. I am going through random lust attacks (a lot in my sleep with lust dreams). More spaced out though....My eyes got pulled by a random images on the internet or in work related magazines but until now, I am doing well. It has only been 23 days but it seems like a long time to me. It feels great and I do not want to fall. I am on my way to the 90 days. If you have any tricks/suggestions, I am always open to new ideas. Let me know
Ben 

Brother you gotta share what you're doing for recovery
Counting days hour by hour (with the Big Ben) and hoping, isn't actively doing, and if you're still struggling it's called white knuckling.

maybe look over the summary of gye tools at end of my signature ;-)

So, Big Ben, what's it gonna be today?

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: On my way... 23 Nov 2017 00:13 #322746

• benblum
  • Senior Boarder
To Ftndrug: thank you so much for your encouragements. It definitely helps me a lot and give me hope!!
To Markz: you are right on this one (I like the nickname Big Ben by the way). Counting days will never work fro me and I know that. I am counting days AND I am using some of the tools I found on GYE:
- I have installed an accountability software on all my devices with an accountability partner
- I am reading the GYE newsletter almost daily
- I have blocked Internet on my phone (which is an old phone).
- I have a journal that I use to write sometimes when I struggles (did not write much lately)
- I am in touch with several partners from GYE (especially one) with whom I share daily my fight
- I am listening to various MP3 shiurim on the subject
- I try to get stronger spiritually (by setting a regular limud schedule)
- I am working out much more than before and this gives me a lot of good energy and good spirit
- I have started my post on the forum
- I try to eat healthier food and get better night sleep to have more energy to fight
- I am using the shvua TAPHSIC method

So these are the tools I am using so far. I have added or adjusted this program/tools progressively. My strategy is to reach a balance globally (both physically and spiritually) and get some level of control and eventually be ezrat Hashem get sober one day at a time. So even if my program is far from being perfect (it is a working progress), I don't think that this is white knuckling (if I understood the white knuckling well). I am fighting the FIGHT! Let me know what you think and if you have suggestion to how I can improve my fight and sharpen my strategy. Looking forward to your comments
Ben

Re: On my way... 23 Nov 2017 00:39 #322748

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
I didn't realize there were so many cool cogs in Big Ben. Sounds like you're doing great!!!

If you need more, I think you know what to do ;-)

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: On my way... 23 Nov 2017 02:25 #322755

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Ben Blum you are the man! You should be teaching us all how to proceed. Ashreichem.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: On my way... 27 Dec 2017 19:06 #324278

• benblum
  • Senior Boarder
Hey Everybody,
Just to give a quick update. I am 58 days clean today BH!!! I am fighting with all I got and it's working Of course, I have to keep focus as the yetser hara will get me immediately if I lower my guard. My defensive program is working so far. More difficult is to guard my eyes when the fight is being taken outside in public spaces or in stores. If you guys have some tricks / defensive or protection mechanism to share I will be happy to hear them!
Ben

Re: On my way... 28 Dec 2017 12:16 #324351

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Great news. B'ezras Hashem keep the good news coming. I found having chevra to speak to was extremely beneficial so maybe try that. Also when you do have to go outside, maybe say a kapitel tehillim. Besides the actual tefila part of it, it reminds one to be careful and stay focused (and know what to not focus on).
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: On my way... 19 Mar 2018 21:32 #328584

• benblum
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Everybody,

Long time that I have not written. I fell yesterday It is my longest streak. Not only did I reached the 90 days but I went way over it (139 days!!). This is the first time in my life! Now is the time to move forward. If I did it once, I can do it twice and even go further and beat that thing! I have to think and try to understand why and how I fell. I guess that with time, my guard went down slowly and the yester hara just got in. I have to be more careful. I have a question. Now that I go back to zero, is it like going back to the me of the beginning? Or  because I had a long streak, I became stronger and more experienced? I feel stronger and not depressed following my fall. Is it the benefit of fighting and being clean for 139?

Ben

Re: On my way... 20 Mar 2018 01:09 #328593

• ieeyc
  • Banned
  • Soaring to Har Sinai on the wings of an eagle!
Or  because I had a long streak, I became stronger and more experienced? 

לב  טהור   ברא   לי   אלקים , ורוח  נכון    חדש  בקרבי

to all my friends who heeded my request  to be so generous and give me a negative karma  for the sake of me acquiring       
                                                . humility ,i humbly  thank you                                                                                                 

Re: On my way... 20 Mar 2018 15:04 #328638

• benblum
  • Senior Boarder
Hi Ieeyc, what did you mean by the check sign?

Re: On my way... 20 Mar 2018 15:17 #328639

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
He meant that you had a long streak so things that worked for you helped boost you.
Can you remind us/yourself what they were?

ieeyc can you remind us/yourself what helped boost you on your 11 year clean streak

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions

➣ Nice Trucking Story
Time to create page: 0.84 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes