Welcome, Guest

90 days of true freedom
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: 90 days of true freedom 8031 Views

Re: 90 days of true freedom 13 Jun 2017 14:33 #315193

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Zra wrote:
Maybe I have to go though a mental exercise after defending against thoughts. An exercise of despising those thoughts.

Maybe not

Stick around and you will learn new things

KEEP ON TRUCKING!!!
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: 90 days of true freedom 18 Jun 2017 19:59 #315589

• Zra
  • Junior Boarder
I broke my shmira einayim streak... Just a few moments ago. I let my guard down and freely chose the wrong choice. Only pictures for just 1 minute before I stopped myself and choice the right choice. As a result I am worried about the rest of the day with regard to both shmirat habrit and shmirat einayim. This really sucks because this little relapse will only make guarding myself and controlling myself even harder. Is this breaking the streak? Or is shmirat habris the streak? Teshuvah time.
Perhaps I should be posting at least every other day on this forum. That is a better commitment than every day. I'll just read the forum on the other days. Part of why I failed is thinking of how long it will be before I actually can turn my hardest taiva into a mitzvah i.e. getting married. But I know that marriage and a kosher outlet for the taiva won't necessarily solve it. It probably helps though. I won't get married for another two years when I finish college and will be making enough money to support and have enough time for a wife. This is very frustrating, but I also want to have myself under full control way before I start thinking about a shidduch. I will say some tehillim right now asking hashem for strength to make it through the day. Expect a post tonight with an update. 

Re: 90 days of true freedom 18 Jun 2017 21:14 #315599

• GrowStrong
  • Current streak: 2153 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • OMAAT
Hey man,
It was a slip a and you stopped it.
You did the right thing by stopping it and seeing it for what it was.
Pick yourself up and get right back on the train! (truck)

Re: 90 days of true freedom 19 Jun 2017 01:29 #315609

• dms1234
  • Current streak: 767 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hatzlacha, sounds like fighting the taiva to me. I can't fight it. Maybe you can, not sure. It always wins when i fight. 

If you need to reach out, i'm here for you. Shoot me an email.
I am happy to speak on the phone. Please email me at dms1234ongye@gmail.com

My name is Daniel, I go to face to face meetings and I work the 12 steps with a sponsor. 

Re: 90 days of true freedom 19 Jun 2017 05:22 #315616

• Zra
  • Junior Boarder
Made a lot of bad decisions that eventually led me to breaking my streak... Tried to pull through and make it through the night, but I did not. The only good thing that can come of this is that I am more set on stopping than I was before.
My mistake: I thought I would be able to watch tv shows and other videos even if they had occasional not kosher scenes that I could skip over. The choices I made up until and including the actual breaking of the streak were definitely my own fault. Stopping tv shows is good thing in many ways because I need to stop wasting a lot of time watching tv shows regardless. My Addictive personality has a bad a tendency to binge shows. Okay it's late. But to conclude, I will not allow myself to make the same mistakes I made this time. I have to stop this and I will do whatever it takes. Tomorrow is that start of my forever streak, one day at a time. 

Re: 90 days of true freedom 19 Jun 2017 09:35 #315621

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks for the share 

GYE has Plenty Solutions
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: 90 days of true freedom 19 Jun 2017 20:17 #315649

• dms1234
  • Current streak: 767 days
  • Platinum Boarder

The only good thing that can come of this is that I am more set on stopping than I was before

You sure you can stop by yourself?

I have to stop this and I will do whatever it takes. Tomorrow is that start of my forever streak, one day at a time. 

Sounds good but how? What do you plan on doing?
I am happy to speak on the phone. Please email me at dms1234ongye@gmail.com

My name is Daniel, I go to face to face meetings and I work the 12 steps with a sponsor. 
Time to create page: 0.50 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes