Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Blind faith 2081 Views

Blind faith 12 Feb 2017 15:15 #305600

• tiger
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Expert Boarder
Hello everybody, I am on a new 90 day journey!!
you might ask me is this guy for real? Is he nuts? How can it be that he is trying again? Give up!! You are a loser!! Don't think that you will ever be sober!!

Well, thank God I am on a new journey I have been lost for a while but I am alive and smarter then before.
Hashem has given me strength to start over again even though my mind says they I am nuts and I should just give up!!!!

It's called blind faith, hashem says smutz is terrible for me and I have to believe him,he wants what is best for me.

I will continue doing my job and leave the rest up to hashem.
And I will continue trying to be happy and accepting that this is my struggle that hashem has given me which at times is very hard to think like that.

Thanks everyone.

Re: Blind faith 12 Feb 2017 15:30 #305601

• Watson
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome back. You're in the right place.

First of all please take time to read through the GYE handbook.  No two people are the same, everyone has a slightly different set of circumstances, but we all share this problem and since we share the problem we can share the solution too. The book is written in a general way so it can apply to everyone. I found it helpful to really think about what the book was saying and how it applied to me and my own life.

This is a very common problem nowadays, you're far from the only one to deal with it. The word addict gets thrown around quite a lot, but most people who struggle with this issue are not addicts, just normal people with a normal yetzer hora. Which is good. Some people have come to realise that they really are addicts because their situation got gradually worse and worse despite working on it. When I say worse I mean, in frequency, severity or just feeling worse after every slip. If that is the case we may need more than GYE, which most people find to be therapy or SA or both. But I wouldn't jump to that conclusion about you. Many people have overcome this challenge right here on GYE using the tools in the handbook.

So stick around. Keep posting, keep reading and keep on trucking.

Re: Blind faith 12 Feb 2017 17:01 #305604

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome back - I don't think I said hi when you last posted a week after I joined gye

Pls forgive me...
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Blind faith 12 Feb 2017 17:20 #305606

• tiger
  • Current streak: 6 days
  • Expert Boarder
Thanks. I have read it lots of times but have not in a while thanks for your words of courage

Re: Blind faith 12 Feb 2017 17:31 #305609

• cordnoy
Welcome back,

B'hatzlachah
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Blind faith 13 Feb 2017 07:58 #305678

• Singularity
  • Current streak: 72 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • To write, or not to write?
Welcome! Never give up! 
"Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his sobriety level?"
"... It's over NINE-ZEROOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

One day... At A Time :-D

Introduce Yourself and get a free karma point from yours truley!
My Thread
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.48 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes