Welcome, Guest

Bb0212's road...
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Bb0212's road... 76302 Views

Re: Bb0212's road... 31 Jul 2017 05:28 #318098

• bb0212
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Platinum Boarder
While chatting with another GYE member, he asked me a question: What inspires you to be clean?
 The problem is I can't figure out why I'm so interested in doing this. My first answer was because it's the right thing to do, but on the other hand, going to minyan is the right thing to do & I don't do that. Hmmmm

Re: Bb0212's road... 31 Jul 2017 22:04 #318140

What is inspires me to stay clean is that it's necessary for me to live the good life. Not sufficient, but necessary. 
If you are really bored, you can check out my original thread here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/305558-Journey-of-one-day-at-a-time 

"Think good and it will be good!"

Re: Bb0212's road... 01 Aug 2017 04:21 #318157

• bb0212
  • Platinum Boarder
Ihavestrength wrote on 31 Jul 2017 22:04:
What is inspires me to stay clean is that it's necessary for me to live the good life. Not sufficient, but necessary. 

What do you consider the good life & are there other things that are necessary for you to do in order to live the good life, yet you don't them? If yes, what's the difference between staying clean and the other necessary things?

Re: Bb0212's road... 01 Aug 2017 04:21 #318158

• hakolhevel
  • Current streak: 42 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I don't know if I would go with the word inspired. I don't think I'm Inspired to stay clean, I just can't handle the pain of acting out. If I could, I probably would still be acting out despite all the inspiration. (Heck even now I'm not perfect). Different strokes for different folks, I can only share my limited experience
My Thread:The Road To Being Honest With Myself (and others:)

My other Thread: My Daily Inspiration

I'm not a slow learner, I'm just quick to forget" - Eli Nash

A bit of honesty and less over confidence might help me - Imperfection

Re: Bb0212's road... 01 Aug 2017 04:26 #318159

• bb0212
  • Platinum Boarder
Hakolhevel wrote on 01 Aug 2017 04:21:
I don't know if I would go with the word inspired. I don't think I'm Inspired to stay clean, I just can't handle the pain of acting out. If I could, I probably would still be acting out despite all the inspiration. (Heck even now I'm not perfect). Different strokes for different folks, I can only share my limited experience

Thank you for your response. What do you mean you can't handle the pain, what causes pain? Guilt?

Re: Bb0212's road... 01 Aug 2017 17:36 #318175

• shlomo24
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
As an addict, no inspiration is necessary for me to give up my life to God. Nor will it help either, because my powerlessness is stronger than any inspiration. Listening to a shiur never helped me in the long run. When I realized that if I continue acting the way that I was acting I would probably end up dead, I got sober. It took me up until that point. And when I relapsed last year, it took me a month of dangerous activity until I realized how low I was and I got myself out of it. I'm a slow learner and inspiration hasn't helped me yet. Only raw reality.
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Email: iam24zman@gmail.com

Re: Bb0212's road... 01 Aug 2017 18:12 #318176

• bb0212
  • Platinum Boarder
Shlomo24 wrote on 01 Aug 2017 17:36:
As an addict, no inspiration is necessary for me to give up my life to God. Nor will it help either, because my powerlessness is stronger than any inspiration. Listening to a shiur never helped me in the long run. When I realized that if I continue acting the way that I was acting I would probably end up dead, I got sober. It took me up until that point. And when I relapsed last year, it took me a month of dangerous activity until I realized how low I was and I got myself out of it. I'm a slow learner and inspiration hasn't helped me yet. Only raw reality.

What's the difference between what you're saying & calling it being inspired by the fear of killing yourself? Is that not what's inspiring you to do what's right?

Re: Bb0212's road... 01 Aug 2017 18:32 #318177

• shlomo24
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
I was thinking those thoughts as I was writing it. There may be no difference. My main point is that it's not a feeling of inspiration. It's a reality that I need help.
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Email: iam24zman@gmail.com

Re: Bb0212's road... 01 Aug 2017 22:41 #318185

bb0212 wrote on 01 Aug 2017 04:21:

What do you consider the good life & are there other things that are necessary for you to do in order to live the good life, yet you don't them? If yes, what's the difference between staying clean and the other necessary things?

The good life for me is a life of self-fulfillment and service.

Yes there are other things, but staying sober is the most basic requirement for me to live any type of life, and certainly a good one.

(Living, not surviving.) 

Why is this so? Maybe because for me acting out is the ultimate form of instant gratification and selfishness, the polar opposite of self-fulfillment and service. 

Hope that was clear.
If you are really bored, you can check out my original thread here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/305558-Journey-of-one-day-at-a-time 

"Think good and it will be good!"

Re: Bb0212's road... 02 Aug 2017 06:25 #318197

• bb0212
  • Platinum Boarder
Ihavestrength wrote on 01 Aug 2017 22:41:

bb0212 wrote on 01 Aug 2017 04:21:

The good life for me is a life of self-fulfillment and service.

Yes there are other things, but staying sober is the most basic requirement for me to live any type of life, and certainly a good one.

(Living, not surviving.) 

Why is this so? Maybe because for me acting out is the ultimate form of instant gratification and selfishness, the polar opposite of self-fulfillment and service. 

Hope that was clear.

Thank you for responding. The answer you gave was very clear.

Re: Bb0212's road... 03 Aug 2017 04:00 #318246

• hakolhevel
  • Current streak: 42 days
  • Platinum Boarder
bb0212 wrote on 01 Aug 2017 04:26:

Hakolhevel wrote on 01 Aug 2017 04:21:

Thank you for your response. What do you mean you can't handle the pain, what causes pain? Guilt?

Double life. I recently explained this in my thread in the last few pages if you would like you can check it out.
My Thread:The Road To Being Honest With Myself (and others:)

My other Thread: My Daily Inspiration

I'm not a slow learner, I'm just quick to forget" - Eli Nash

A bit of honesty and less over confidence might help me - Imperfection

Re: Bb0212's road... 14 Aug 2017 14:07 #318752

• bb0212
  • Platinum Boarder
The past week or two, I been avoiding my thread.  My truck's tires are busted. The one thing that I remained clean in, is that I wasn't mz"l. Today, this morning, I was indulging my eyes in some of the forbidden fruit. I started wondering again why I care so much about this, & it seemed as if I was gonna give it up. Suddenly it hit me. I'm doing this because that what God wants. And the question that I had:

on the other hand, going to minyan is the right thing to do & I don't do that. 

That's a good question, but it doesn't prove that I don't want to do what God wants. However, I realized that the yetzer hara waa way too powerful & there was no way I was gonna win. Desperate times call for desperate measures; I don't remember talking to God when I was in the shower before, but I had no choice. I told him "you're gonna have to fight the fight, cuz there's no way I'm gonna win". Just like that, the fight was over. Pretty awesome.

Re: Bb0212's road... 14 Aug 2017 19:51 #318779

• dms1234
  • Current streak: 767 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I am loving the surrender! Shower is a big acting out place for me. There were times when i walked in the shower and there was no way i was coming out there not having acted out. Thank God, i dont have those temptations anymore. 
I am happy to speak on the phone. Please email me at dms1234ongye@gmail.com

My name is Daniel, I go to face to face meetings and I work the 12 steps with a sponsor. 

Re: Bb0212's road... 14 Aug 2017 19:56 #318781

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
bb0212 wrote on 14 Aug 2017 14:07:
The past week or two, I been avoiding my thread.  My truck's tires are busted. The one thing that I remained clean in, is that I wasn't mz"l. Today, this morning, I was indulging my eyes in some of the forbidden fruit. I started wondering again why I care so much about this, & it seemed as if I was gonna give it up. Suddenly it hit me. I'm doing this because that what God wants. And the question that I had:

on the other hand, going to minyan is the right thing to do & I don't do that.

That's a good question, but it doesn't prove that I don't want to do what God wants. However, I realized that the yetzer hara waa way too powerful & there was no way I was gonna win. Desperate times call for desperate measures; I don't remember talking to God when I was in the shower before, but I had no choice. I told him "you're gonna have to fight the fight, cuz there's no way I'm gonna win". Just like that, the fight was over. Pretty awesome.

Can I guess what soap do you used in the shower
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Bb0212's road... 18 Aug 2017 05:13 #318956

• bb0212
  • Platinum Boarder
Bh I had a great day today. Today was also rough, I hope that make sense. My שמירת עניים was purposefully not there. Other than that, my day was great. It's not like I was trying to rebel, rather, I just gave up at times. Throughout the day it was a struggle. At one point I was shmoozing with God about it, I asked for some help, told Him I really don't know what else to do. My feelings are mixed, in a way I feel like an ingrate (I think that's a word) because Hashem has showered me with blessing, yet I'm still looking at the forbidden.

/end rant
Time to create page: 0.73 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes