Welcome, Guest

Beginning a New Journey
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Beginning a New Journey 11703 Views

Beginning a New Journey 27 Dec 2016 18:07 #301297

• Souldoctor
  • Current streak: 222 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi all,
After a 20 day clean streak, I had a fall this morning. Those twenty days were marked by an enormous sense of satisfaction, and though I am frustrated about the fall, I am excited to restart the journey right away and avoid the typical binging that I normally engage in after a fall. I have decided to create a log of my journey in the hope that the cathartic nature of sharing my challenges will help me this time to succeed.
Last Edit: 27 Dec 2016 18:10 by Souldoctor.

Re: Beginning a New Journey 27 Dec 2016 20:04 #301308

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
Welcome!  I see you have only one post, so you have been lurking, but not posting.  Welcome to the posting community.  I think you will find it helpful. I hope you are looking for feedback as well.  Otherwise, you are just journaling in public.

Re: Beginning a New Journey 27 Dec 2016 22:24 #301328

• mayanhamisgaber
  • Current streak: 44 days
  • Platinum Boarder
sorry to here about the fall but really like the attitude very important knowing that a fall doesn't mean all efforts are wasted rather something to continue building off of!!

KOT
very important thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/19180-FEEL-THE-HUGS%21%21%21" option="guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/19180-FEEL-THE-HUGS%21%21%21">FEEL THE HUGS!!!

Re: Beginning a New Journey 04 Jan 2017 10:40 #302153

• spike ed
  • Senior Boarder
  • Fight the power that be
Hey souldoctor, any updates by you? as i mention to others on this forum im also on the 90 days journey, i cant tell you how many times i failed, i even stopped coming here and only recently made my comeback. I find that when you have the support here and stay active and read about all the different ideas you realize that I fall, in the right context and frame of mind, can be all part of the long and difficult teshuva process that were all in together so definatly keep your head up and dont let every time you fall feel like the end of the world (ive ben there trust me). You gotta keep moving no matter what, Hashem sees your efforts even when you fail so just dont give up no matter how far you might fall cause many of us have been there and we all need to help each other to keep going! please keep us posted, ill be looking out for ya!
3,2,1, Lets Jam.

Re: Beginning a New Journey 04 Jan 2017 12:19 #302156

• Singularity
  • Current streak: 72 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • To write, or not to write?
Indeed. Please keep posting! 
"Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his sobriety level?"
"... It's over NINE-ZEROOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

One day... At A Time :-D

Introduce Yourself and get a free karma point from yours truley!
My Thread

Re: Beginning a New Journey 04 Jan 2017 16:31 #302169

• Souldoctor
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi all,
I'm sorry that I haven't continued posting, I had a fall right after I wrote the last post which led to binging for a number of days which made me fall further into depression. I'm now trying to start the 90 day journey again. Spike ED and Singularity, thank you guys so much for your comments, you have no idea how much chizuk they gave me, to make me feel that I'm not alone in this struggle and that there are other Yiddin who care about me. 

Re: Beginning a New Journey 04 Jan 2017 17:01 #302172

• Souldoctor
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi all,
I'm going to try and start posting daily again iy"H. For today's post I wanted to give a bit of introduction about my struggle and place my story out there for the chevra to offer feedback and any advice.

I had always looked at p, during high school, but interestingly had not once m, I would spend hours looking at it on the computer fascinated by what I saw, and as time went on would need to look at more explicit scenes to satisfy my lust. Like I said however, I never once was motzei zera. I then went to Yeshiva in Israel and for 2 years didn't really have access to a computer and so didn't see any "p" or otherinappropriate  images. When I was in Yeshiva in Israel, a group of chevra were talking about their struggle with "m" and I proudly (and regrettably foolishly) said that I had not once been "motzei zera". A few months later, when I was home from Yeshiva after Pesach, I was dawdling on the computer on AOL when an explicit image popped up, I felt this uncontrollable urge and was unable to look away and it led within a few seconds me compulsively typing in the name of a shmutz website and watching a relatively "soft core scene". This all happened in about the span of a minute. While watching the scene, my body was "motzei zera" without me touching anything.

While the feeling was unbelievable, like a drug, inside I felt horrible as this was the first time in my life I had been motzei zera and I had learned all about the horrible punishments for hotzes zera. But the pleasure was too great and as I reflect back now, deep down/subconsciously I was hooked. I was able to put off looking at "p" for a week after that by telling myself that Hashem would forgive me since I had only done it once and could still do Teshuva (I hadn't been "Shana bah") and in fact I ran to shul and poured out my heart to Hashem. But like I said the pleasure had been too enjoyable and deep down I wanted to feel that feeling again. A week later I was "motzei zera" this time on purpose. Once I had been "shana bah" doing it a second time, I felt now Hashem won't forgive me no matter what I do, and it became as the Mishna says in Yoma,"nasseh k'heter" and would ultimately over the next few years happen thousands of more times.

I was able in those days to keep it to once a week, I would spend hours learning as a "kapara" and because I love learning but when I was tired and irritable I would fall. This went on once a week for about 4-5 months. Ironically during this time, I was learning more than ever. The cycle would repeat itself, irritability, fall, say I won't do it again, take steps to do Teshuva, last for a few days, feel irritable, do it again. As the years went on I started to do it more than once a week and eventually every day, sometimes multiple times a day. During that time (these 5-6) years, I have made countless siyumim and spent thousands of hours learning, and have even wrote a Sefer with approbation from some of the gedolei Yisrael. But inside I have always been living a lie. I have taken on extra chumras, anything, as a kappara, I have fasted, but the issue has never gone away. I am married and it has lead to me being short tempered with my wife, and focusing only on myself during intimacy. I also prefer to be alone as much as possible and can't handle even minimal criticism. I am actually quite a friendly person, when im with people I put on a show of eager friendliness which people fall for and think of me as a very friendly guy but secretly I yearn to go back to being by myself with the lights off. There are times when I just feel I can't do this anymore and am going to go down to my grave with this issue. I have tried numerous times to break free, but after a few weeks, when the guilt of the last fall has fell away, and I'm feeling irritable and missing my best friend "the p" I always delude myself into thinking I will just look at a "semi kosher" website like Fox News, and not go any further, but I always know deep down that once I will see a semi inappropriate picture, I will consider myself "tamei" already and then it will lead but more importantly "allow" me to be able to act out (as it always does).

Two final points: I have come to believe that these years of torture are Hashems punishment for boasting in Yeshiva that I was never "motzei zera livatala" because now ironically I have probably been more times than any of my peers.

2) the ultimate irony is if you would see me on the street or know who I am, you would never in a million years suspect the secret I hide. I am (and I'm not saying this to boast) one of the top talmidim in my Yeshiva, and my rebbeim view me as one of the most promising individuals to lead klal yisrael. I am ashamed of this two faceness, this hypocrisy and it has lead me to basically give up on Davening, on saying brachos etc. on the outside I appear "so shtark" but on the inside I'm such a faker. I can't face Hashem anymore and serve him properly so aside from my learning, I secretly don't. I make tens of siyumim on my learning which maintain my appearance as someone who is very shtark, very promising, but I don't Daven really anymore or say brachas, I'm really a shell of the person I appear to be. I  take the "path of least resistance" to looking shtark and brilliant by making the siyumim but I don't want to put in the hard work to actually be the person I purport to be in all parts of life, by fixing my middos, improving my Davening, following Halacha. and getting rid of the addiction. Part of this stems from since I have learned so much and know so much halacha, i know how "stressful" it would be to follow everything and therefore would rather do nothing then face the uncomfortable nature of trying to do everything.

(I don't work well with "sort of doing something, with seeing things as grey instead  of black and white, I have always been all or nothing, this is why once I see a sort of tamei image on Fox News I feel "it's done I have fallen" and the seed is planted and I always end up  watching more explicit things and being Motzei zera, and why once I fell that second time so long ago, I ended up considering myself a sinner and then falling a million more times)

There is such a daily sense of "yiush" of this is never going to end, never going to get better, that I'm in a cage and that although I can hold off from  acting out for a few days, it's just me pretending that the cage isn't there but ultimately the urges always come back and I'm forced to realize that I'm still in the cage and am trapped. I'm so afraid of being ousted as a hypocrite that I don't take the steps towards a real recovery but rather continue to live the lie. I am in shock when I think about how many years this has been going on for, how many precious hours have been wasted, and the thousands of times by now that I have been motzei zera. I honestly believe that part of the reason I don't want to "get better" is because that will entail having to face my "aveiros" to come to terms with the enormity of my "crimes" and so I continue sinning rather than man up and face them.  I'm sorry if this has become rambly but I just wanted to put all this out there.
Last Edit: 04 Jan 2017 20:34 by Souldoctor.

Re: Beginning a New Journey 04 Jan 2017 17:01 #302173

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey I care too

Thanks for coming back and not following the stats
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Beginning a New Journey 04 Jan 2017 17:02 #302174

• Souldoctor
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks so much spike ed please see my posts below. 

Re: Beginning a New Journey 04 Jan 2017 17:02 #302175

• Souldoctor
  • Fresh Boarder
Really appreciate that. Please see what I just posted

Re: Beginning a New Journey 04 Jan 2017 17:03 #302176

• Souldoctor
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks so much really appreciate it. Please see the two posts I just posted

Re: Beginning a New Journey 04 Jan 2017 17:30 #302178

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Sd that's one very long paragraph

Can you please go back and break it up so we can read it better

Thanks

I don't know if you mentioned - have you spoken to your Rebbi about your struggle, more than "I have a YH to look at girls..."?

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Beginning a New Journey 04 Jan 2017 17:39 #302179

• Souldoctor
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,
I did my best to break it into paragraphs. I am afraid to speak to anyone, because I like maintaining my self image and control of it and am afraid that if other people such as my rebbe know about it I will no longer be able to craft the image of myself to my liking.

Additionally I'm afraid that speaking To my rebbe will have consequences whether they mean to or not, such as them not offering me a scholarship when considering the top guys in Yeshiva for a special scholarship etc, bc deep down the rebbe will think, how can I give it to this guy, yeah he learns but he always looks at such horrible stuff not befitting of a true Yeshiva bachor, or that will harm are relationship because we are really close and once he knows this about me he won't necessarily  understood that I'm trapped but rather see me as a sicko and subconsciously distance himself from me
Last Edit: 04 Jan 2017 17:43 by Souldoctor.

Re: Beginning a New Journey 04 Jan 2017 17:46 #302180

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
I have spoken to mine with absolutely no negative sequence

Have you read the Bachur with his Rebbi "Trucking story"?

Its in the second spoiler below - please check it out. Let me know what you think

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Beginning a New Journey 04 Jan 2017 17:51 #302181

• Souldoctor
  • Fresh Boarder
I will do. And let you know. I would appreciate if the chevra could read my very long introductory post and share their thoughts. One more thing, I have also noticed that I have a very inflated ego, which is my protective shield against the fact that I am secretly so insecure. I constantly feel the need to prove myself to others, or to defend my ego, bc I'm afraid that if it bursts, underneath there will be nothing to be proud of. I am quite emotional fragile, very defensive and sensitive. I think the addiction has exacerbated this. A random thought but important
Last Edit: 04 Jan 2017 17:56 by Souldoctor.
Time to create page: 0.75 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes