Welcome, Guest

Tikun Haklali & Mikva
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Tikun Haklali & Mikva 6205 Views

Tikun Haklali & Mikva 21 Dec 2016 20:45 #300755

• newbeginning
  • Current streak: 1954 days
  • Senior Boarder
Hi all,

Whenever I had a fall I would feel like I couldn't carry on with life at all until I went to the Mikva & said Tikun Haklali, maybe its due to me spending such a long time reading up about the severity of pgam habris etc and the kabbala behind it. I don't regret it, however, I wish I did not read about this at such an early age. 
I am 20 years old now, but probably read about this all when I was 15 / 16?

Even when I go to the mikva, I end up falling after a week or so, maybe a few weeks, even a few months. Do you think I should just not go to the Mikva until I'm say 90 days clean, maybe this will be the motivation to help me get there?

What do you all think? What works for you / do you go to the Mikva every time and say Tikun Haklali etc ?

Re: Tikun Haklali & Mikva 21 Dec 2016 21:06 #300760

• mayanhamisgaber
  • Current streak: 44 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi there I too have the same problem with not being able to stay clean
It's hard to bounce back so many times but g-d loves you for that!

about falling even after going to the mikva 1)we are taught that tvillas ezra is not so practiced now (unless you are chassidish and go to the mikva every day anyway) 2)only you can say for sure that this would be a good motivation for yourself but i definitely think it's a good idea since for now you seem to be attached to what you read.

and about wishing that you didn't read that stuff did you ever speak it over with someone who has mesorah in these areas?i know a few people depending where you live(no i don't delve into these things but knowing people that do helps)who might be able to give you a differenr perspective if you want

Oh and by the way kudos for opening up about this keep going and you'll see it will help
very important thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/19180-FEEL-THE-HUGS%21%21%21" option="guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/19180-FEEL-THE-HUGS%21%21%21">FEEL THE HUGS!!!

Re: Tikun Haklali & Mikva 21 Dec 2016 21:23 #300766

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Brother have you taken any gye tools in your hand in recent time?
OTAAT
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Tikun Haklali & Mikva 21 Dec 2016 21:30 #300768

• Watson
  • Platinum Boarder
For me, going to mikveh at all was just another form of denial. The wonderful feeling of washing away the shmutz, starting over and knowing it will never happen again was so enticing I would go back again and again.

The problem was that nothing had changed. So I was bound to fall again, it was just a matter of time. Then I would cry out to Hashem again, go back to mikveh again, wash away the shmutz and feel so positive that this time was the last time. For sure.

That's why I don't go to mikveh any more, even after 90 days. If I went on day 90, I would fall again before day 100, probably before day 92. I'm sure of it.

Have a read of Dov's post 'the nuclear reset button'.

Re: Tikun Haklali & Mikva 21 Dec 2016 21:33 #300769

• newbeginning
  • Current streak: 1954 days
  • Senior Boarder
On and off, I've attended a few of Dov's calls in the past, I read the emails etc .

By the way I watched the video in your signature, completely changed my perspective on addiction!
Last Edit: 31 Jan 2017 17:33 by newbeginning. Reason: I didn't want it to seem like a promise

Re: Tikun Haklali & Mikva 21 Dec 2016 21:39 #300770

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
newbeginning wrote:
On and off, I've attended a few of Dov's calls in the past, I read the emails etc .
I'm making sure I log on now each day for at least 15 mins even if its just to update this thread to say how my journey is going.

By the way I watched the video in your signature, completely changed my perspective on addiction!

Great!

But we need to do more than perspect

We gotta do action

Either join rat park and act like a rat, or "the opposite of addiction is connection" and start building connections with people!!

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Tikun Haklali & Mikva 21 Dec 2016 21:47 #300772

• cordnoy
Markz wrote on 21 Dec 2016 21:23:
OTAAT

Yes, but they got soakin' wet!
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Tikun Haklali & Mikva 21 Dec 2016 21:50 #300773

• HayomYom
  • Senior Boarder
מקוה ישראל ה' - מה מקוה מטהר את הטמאים אף הקב"ה מטהר את ישראל

Whether you're an addict or not, your best Mikveh is Hashem.

Without Him, nothing will help. With Him, you can move mountains.

R' Nachman, who gave us Tikun Haklali, also taught us the secret of connecting to Hashem and talking to him in your own tongue. I once read a suggestion, that one should start this process by putting aside exactly 5 minutes a day to have a private talk with Hashem. Pretend He's your therapist, and unload all your issues upon Him.

קרוב ה' לכל קוראיו

Re: Tikun Haklali & Mikva 21 Dec 2016 21:51 #300774

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
cordnoy wrote:

Markz wrote:
OTAAT

OTAAT

One

Tevilla AAT

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Tikun Haklali & Mikva 21 Dec 2016 22:31 #300778

• shlomo24
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
cordnoy wrote on 21 Dec 2016 21:47:

Markz wrote on 21 Dec 2016 21:23:
OTAAT

Gross.
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Email: iam24zman@gmail.com

Re: Tikun Haklali & Mikva 21 Dec 2016 22:39 #300782

• HayomYom
  • Senior Boarder
Watson wrote on 21 Dec 2016 21:30:
...That's why I don't go to mikveh any more, even after 90 days. If I went on day 90, I would fall again before day 100, probably before day 92. I'm sure of it.

...Like toiveling in chocolate milkshake?

Re: Tikun Haklali & Mikva 23 Dec 2016 12:23 #300967

"The wonderful feeling of washing away the shmutz, starting over and knowing it will never happen again was so enticing I would go back again and again. The problem was that nothing had changed. So I was bound to fall again, it was just a matter of time. Then I would cry out to Hashem again, go back to mikveh again, wash away the shmutz and feel so positive that this time was the last time. For sure. That's why I don't go to mikveh anymore"
Watson, that describes my experience with the mikveh EXACTLY.

I am afraid to go...but I will hopefully overcome that fear soon.
It is supposed to have a positive spiritual effect.
I just have to be careful not build it up to be an end all be all.
But avoiding it totally doesn't seem like the right response long-term.
Unless, it somehow triggers a negative response automatically, but
I don't think it does.  Something to think about.

Re: Tikun Haklali & Mikva 23 Dec 2016 14:26 #300981

• YidFromMonsey
  • Current streak: 1653 days
  • Gold Boarder
My take on going to mikvah after a fall; 

I usually do go to mikvah and yes, I even feel a little better afterwards, but it has nothing to do with my recovery, the mikvah won't give me the sense that nothing happened nor will it help me not to slip again, all mikvah is to me is like taking a good shower in a hot sweaty summer day, I feel dirty after slipping and the mikvah takes that away but nothing more than that.
You're better than yesterday but not as good as you're gonna be tomorrow. - Harvey

Hello Everyone!

yfm10952@gmail.com

Re: Tikun Haklali & Mikva 23 Dec 2016 16:39 #301003

• shlomo24
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
I know that I used to think that spirituality was a feeling. I got a clean feeling from going to the mik and I thought that I felt holy. I don't believe that one can feel holiness or spirituality. Maybe a kabbalist but not me. If I blindfolded someone and put his nose an inch from the kosel he wouldn't be able to tell. So when people claim they feel spiritual I get kinda nervous.
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Email: iam24zman@gmail.com

Re: Tikun Haklali & Mikva 23 Dec 2016 18:22 #301004

• cordnoy
Shlomo24 wrote on 23 Dec 2016 16:39:
I know that I used to think that spirituality was a feeling. I got a clean feeling from going to the mik and I thought that I felt holy. I don't believe that one can feel holiness or spirituality. Maybe a kabbalist but not me. If I blindfolded someone and put his nose an inch from the kosel he wouldn't be able to tell. So when people claim they feel spiritual I get kinda nervous.

II have argued this exact point many times.

However, I must say that it is perhaps due to my low level. I'd assume that the higher one climbs, the more he can "feel" things at different times and locations.

May we all be zoche.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.75 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes