Welcome, Guest

I will make it b'e"h
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: I will make it b'e"h 227230 Views

Re: I will make it b"h 02 May 2017 00:30 #312039

• cordnoy
Yes, life has its way of bein' extremely tough.

SadlyI, we/i have been trained to deal with it in only one or two ways.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: I will make it b"h 02 May 2017 17:58 #312125

• mayanhamisgaber
  • Current streak: 44 days
  • Platinum Boarder
So anyways life goes on right,right 
But that doesn't mean that it is easy I have not been together for over a month now even our recent mikvah night nothing happened do to a really k'vetchy baby (which is still k'vetching and crying and making us both sick)
Managed to give her her side of the deal one morning right before I had to go to shacharis felt good a little but still damn frustrating.

Seems like a lot of the family here is coming on trying times I h*p* everyone can come to terms and learn to live life but for now just 

KOTNMW
very important thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/19180-FEEL-THE-HUGS%21%21%21" option="guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/19180-FEEL-THE-HUGS%21%21%21">FEEL THE HUGS!!!

Re: I will make it b"h 02 May 2017 18:30 #312130

• mayanhamisgaber
  • Platinum Boarder
found this and saving here for easier finding for when needed...
a very interesting converstation between pentinant and REBBEREBER=DOV 

i added breaks to make this readable 

penitent wrote on 31 Dec, 2009:
I read a lot of the white paper re:SA. I do see myself in that and relate it to my own experiences. 
I do have a problem though with understanding all this "lust" etc. 
Maybe I look at myself and my relationship with my wife... I have all these thoughts in my head.... part of me wants to break down and cry, as so many times before. 

The gemara in Yoma 74: says in the name of R' Zeira "Tov mar'eh aynayim mehalach nafesh.. Tov mar'eh aynayim b'isha, yoter m'gufah shel ma'aseh" To look is always better than the actual deed. 

It's the musings we conjure up in our minds that is exciting. It's intersting to note that scientifically, the sympathetic system is responsible for arousal, erection, while the parasympathetic system-which calms us down- is responsible for ejaculation. 
 I always thought that the final Zing would be carried out by the system that is responsible for an excitatory response. In reality, you could say it's all over when that time arrives. Am I too deep? Anyone have any clue what I'm saying? Do I??? 

My original question is that chazal recognize human nature. To call it lust and label it a problem i.e. say I have a disease and to give me a cure seems extreme. Maybe I am in denial. See what I mean by thoughts in my head? 

Did chazal call that lust? maybe. but they stress controlling the yetzer. There is a book called Cheshbon Hanefesh which was written 150 years before Pavlov dogs, which really targets behavior modification. I recommend it highly. Chazal may tell us of Gedarim we should set but it's another thing to put it into practice.

REBBEREBER=DOV answwers in not -so-dovish 

quote=dov" link=topic=763.msg40619#msg40619 date=1262284223] 
Dear Penitent - 
 Yes, it is clear that the different nervous systems work that way, as I have shared with some people out of my own experience. I'll PM you something about that issue specifically. 

I love you. Period. So, please consider taking what I will share with you the way it is meant - not at all as criticism - only as a sharing of my experience with you. Besides, as "imtrying25" will tell you, I haven't had a rant in a while, so it's about time.... 

You ask about SA's use of the term "Lust". You are bringing up chazals to understand the term, rather than using examples from your own personal experience with your own problem. I'm all for chazal, but if we  are trying to uncover what is really going on within us, it would seem that being honest with ourselves is far more important than what a sefer says. 

If folks say this borders on apikorsus, then my response to them is that I'll gladly choose honesty in gehinom over dishonesty in Gan eden, any day. Why? Because the only thing that saved me from my personal gehinom in addiction - and it was gehinom (I need no chazal or sefer to tell me that) - was honesty. And in my case, I needed a chevra and a sponsor to help me do that. I found that in SA. 

Besides, chazal tell us that this world is an olam hafuch - those who are high here are are low there. To me that includes us when our frumkeit that is external - only in our brains, like Eisav's big head. Trust me, when we inject some shameless personal honesty into the mix, Torah becomes incredibly more powerful as a force in our lives. V'anavim yirshu aretz. The one's who seem low on the outside, are really high. Kapeesh? 

On the other hand, being frummer did me no good, it was doomed to forever be a half-measure because - after all - I was the one defining and enacting the "frumkeit". It seems that you are in the same boat, otherwise why are you here?  ;D 

Do you get what I mean? 

What do chazal mean when they tell us: "Derech Eretz Kodmah L'Torah"? To me, this is exactly what they are talking about. 

Don't look to the Torah to save you when you are insane. How can you expect to succeed while you'll be the one applying and measuring it? The basis of all frumkeit is personal responsibility. 

Darf zeyn a mentch, ershtence. 

The yidden at Har Sinai had to be healed before they could accept the Torah, right? Yidden need to have some basic mental health - specifically self-honesty - to use Torah successfully as instructions for living. 
 Otherwise it's known, but not applied - hey! kind of like in our case, right? The GYE-er: a frum yid who just can't "get frum" in this area...drives us nuts, doesn't it? 

In fact, a total shoteh is totally patur from the mitzvos. We in addiction are not true shotim, only full of "ruach" shtus. We are not p'turim, but seem doomed to fail at it. This insanity is clearly discussed in all 12 step literature. If you want to talk about it more, I'll gladly share my insanity with you (that sounds funny, doesn't it?). 

So, I ask you (as chazal put it): how can a "chavush be matir himself from the beis ha'asurim"? Chazal inform us that he can't. And who is more of a chavush than an addict? No one, to me. Isn't the self-application of Torah exactly what all of us do for years and years until we make enough of a mess of things that we finally reach out for help, as you are? 
Keep reaching for help. It's here. 

Now, maybe we can talk about lust a bit..... 

[/quote] 

ok now the truckdriver rebbe of woodford and bardstown kentucky come in to ekplain in plain english what REBBE REB BER=DOV is sayin 

take it away bards.... 

Pentinent 

I am a talmid of the RebbeRebBer=DOV 
Although I never spent a day in his yeshivah 

There is a language called Dovish 

You need to learn Dovish to "chapp" 
DOV 

I used to fight rebberebdov 
Why cause I was so "macho" I was armed to the teeth with 
 Chazal 
Courage 
Resolve 
Humor 
A mouth like a trucker 

I was convinced DOV was a crazy robot apikoress 

Pentinent 
Let's make cheshbon hanefesh together 

When we were in the thick of our taava 
Didn't we know all these chazals 
Didn't we have the courage 
Didn't we have all the machoness that a loser (sic) that dov is missing 

And and and 
We still had no control 

If anything we used some chazal(I did) to boost our YH 

Hello who is the apikores 
Me and my chazal or dov and his 12 steps 

Hey I am not a 12 stepper 

But we need to learn from dov 

As long as "I" fight the YH 
 "I" is in big trouble 

When I surrender 
I don't know ginoi(exactly) how dov taitches  surrender but bardichev thinks it means when we remove the "zhich" the stoopid monkey in the middle GAAVA 
From the equation 

I am again not a 12 stepper 

But what DOV says is when a man is clearly not a bar sechel we cannot use sichliyos first he must be a man 

Yes we can become a man again thru Torah 
By realizing that we are so helpless witout HKB"H 

Coming from a non-12 guy 

All dov is teaching us is what is pshat in the gemara "ilmalai HKB"H ozroi lo yachal loi" 

Hashem doesnot need our helP we need his and we need a lot of it 

I know I write a lot of jokes on the forum . I do it to cheer myself up and to cheer up people like DOV and everyone else .Simcha is my key weapon and DOV uses it 
If u look in the ohr hachaim in ekev he says a lot of what I say here 

I have a posotive spin that it is never too late to start living 
 I call it 
 Keep on trucking!! 

Jump on my truck!! 

DOV comes here too (sources say) 

T 

Bards
very important thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/19180-FEEL-THE-HUGS%21%21%21" option="guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/19180-FEEL-THE-HUGS%21%21%21">FEEL THE HUGS!!!

Re: I will make it b"h 03 May 2017 05:07 #312179

• bb0212
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Platinum Boarder
MayanHamisgaber wrote on 02 May 2017 17:58:
So anyways life goes on right,right 
But that doesn't mean that it is easy I have not been together for over a month now even our recent mikvah night nothing happened do to a really k'vetchy baby (which is still k'vetching and crying and making us both sick)
Managed to give her her side of the deal one morning right before I had to go to shacharis felt good a little but still damn frustrating.

Seems like a lot of the family here is coming on trying times I h*p* everyone can come to terms and learn to live life but for now just 

KOTNMW

It can be really difficult when you haven't been together for over a month(!). Hang in there, in some way shape or form this can help you grow stronger. Use these difficult times to grow. When it passes, you'll look back to these experiences and see a painful, but overall, positive time of your life, due to the growth that it spurred!

KOT
KOG (oing)
DGU (don't give up)
YCDO (You can do it!)

Re: I will make it b"h 03 May 2017 11:26 #312195

• mayanhamisgaber
  • Platinum Boarder
Here is a lesson for all

bardichev wrote on 10 Feb 2010 17:52:
the bard mobile is out of the mud

a huge lesson i LEARNED FROM MY SNOW BANK MUD SITUATION

IF YOU TRY IT ON YOUR OWN

YOU MAY JUST GET STUCK DEEPER AND DEEPER

SO I CALLED A TOW TRUCK

LESSON

DONT TRY TO WHITE NICKLE IT IT WILL GET YOU NOWHERE

CALL A TOW TRUCK

Re: I will make it b"h 03 May 2017 20:05 #312238

• mayanhamisgaber
  • Platinum Boarder
Dov wrote on 08 Mar 2010 20:53:
You know, while I was mulling over whether to place a courtesy call to my favorite ice cream man in the whole world, something occurred to me:

If we really appreciated the preciousness (is that a word?) of a single day sober with Hashem and His precious people, things would be different for many of us. We wouldn't let the past color the good times vomit-green. We wouldn't feel like giving up when we fell.
I believe that Reb b has some perspective on that. And it makes all the difference. I first learned of this in action from Reb Tzvi-Meyer - next from Reb b. And it's the way Hashem Himself operates: He is at a beis ho-oveil being menachem yidden with shredded hearts right now, r"l, and simultaneously at a leibedigeh chasuna somewhere bringing intense simcha to another family's hearts. He doesn't "lose perspective" at all, because they are both true - both reality - at the same time! R' Tzvi-Meyer says this is why Hashem can love us even if we have done bad things and are a mess: because He does not forget about the Good in us...it's still there...no steerah to Hashem. We, unfortunately, often do forget. Maybe that's why we are called "enosh" - as in "nosheh": to jump, or slip from it's place (gid hanasheh) - we forget! 

If we'd actually appreciate a day with our spouses, if we got one; with our children if we have some; with our jobs if we got one; with our sanity, if we have it; with whatever we've "got" - things would be beautiful even though we fell, lost stuff, screwed some stuff up, in otherwords, were human. "Beautiful" does not have to be "perfect", to still be beautiful.
Just like my spouse, kids, job, sobriety, and self.

Bilti laShem l'vado!! Boom!

Thanks for everything, reb b!

Re: I will make it b"h 04 May 2017 17:12 #312289

• mayanhamisgaber
  • Platinum Boarder
bardichev wrote on 01 Sep 2010 17:58:
I WROTE THIS TO OVADIA

bardichev wrote on 01 Sep 2010 16:29:

I don’t know what yidishkiet is, but I now know that it is not about feeling good. 

yiddishkite

is about serving Hashem

who can serve Hashem?

HUMANS

now being Jewish gives you an edge

for 2 reasons

#1 you get the instruction book the Torah(rambam shilchan aruch etc)

#2 you dna has it patterned in fro our forfathers and even you own parents and grandparents

but lets go back to HUMANS

Humans run on two tracks one is specific calulated thought and the other is emotional feeling that involves no rationalizing

as long as you are Human you will FEEL things

love hate fear graditude lonliness happiness inferior  fear  excitement etc etc

humans crave enjoyment

yup we do

HASHEM made us that way

your job as a jew is to find enjoyment in your serving HASHEM

oh its not so easy

why?

there is an obstacle course out there

set up by HASHEM to "challange" you

so you will have to actually work hard

that is also a Human thing

that we only "enjoy" what we actually work for

so my good chaver

why is it so difficult??

aha!!  you will only find the enjoyment AFTER you worked worked worked without any feeling

of enjoyment or success

keep on trucking

bardichev

Re: I will make it b"h 04 May 2017 17:24 #312290

• mayanhamisgaber
  • Platinum Boarder
ovadia wrote on 13 Sep 2010 09:45:

bardichev wrote on 01 Sep 2010 17:58:

I WROTE THIS TO OVADIA

Hey Barditchev, I never saw this hemshech. Thank you and Dov.

I have a question for you.

In the context of Teshuva the seforim all talk about התקרבות אל ה'. Is that a “feeling” one gets of being close to HaShem or is it something more real/tangible?

Thank you.

Ovadia

Re: I will make it b"h 04 May 2017 17:26 #312291

• mayanhamisgaber
  • Platinum Boarder
Dov wrote on 13 Sep 2010 16:58:
The extent and quality of the relationship you end up with (with anybody, not just Hashem) depends upon what you you put into it.

If I connect with my wife mainly as my personal candy machine, I get a relationship with a candy machine. Wow....profound...meaningful...satisfying...not.

Same l'havdil with Hashem. He can be my personal candy machine, sometimes I gotta pay for it, sometimes for free....still, all He is to me is my machine. OK, the machine has my name on it...but it's still basically a machine. He didn't make life to be that way! Maybe that's the way it is for malochim and for the stars, sun, and moon ("koach ugvurah nosan bohem...") - but not for us humans (yeah, the creatures that drink Woodford, as Reb b would put it.. ;D). For us there is a real G-d there! He took us out of 'beis avodim' - slaves are like machines! But now, we are out of beis avodim because b'ni b'chori Yisrael! We are His kids now! (so darshens the Sfas Emess on those p'sukim)

So: we read the 13 middos and see just Who this G-d is! We want more than a candy machine? Then we gotta become yod'ey Hashem...whatever that means. Ask Yirmiyahu hanavi, who described it clearly and referred to His Rachamim.

And it takes time and work.

Same with the wife. Know her as a body....get fun, frustration, pain, desire, more pain...more lust...mazel tov. But after it is over, it's all just memories, nothing more. Nothing tangible....is that 'real'? Anyone can play 'husband' and 'wife'. Anyone can go through the motions and even say "I love you".

But when you don't stop at that, and work to know and appreciate who she really is besides a body, (and besides even a woman!)...now the connection can be real/tangible. And it grows, and grows. There can be joy, even when you are apart, cuz it's not an act and not just a memory.

That takes work and time. It all depends on what we want.

Re: I will make it b"h 04 May 2017 17:46 #312292

• mayanhamisgaber
  • Platinum Boarder
an excerpt from a post

bardichev wrote on 08 Oct 2010 15:40:
 please keep the good spirit alive

only with simcha we will prevail

we are not here to become angels

we are here to be holier than animals

keep on trucking

git shabbos git choidesh

your best friend

who loves all of you ahavas nefesh

bardichev

Re: I will make it b"h 04 May 2017 17:49 #312293

• mayanhamisgaber
  • Platinum Boarder
bardichev wrote on 14 Dec 2010 15:48:
Zemmy I am driving down the main road of bards town from west to east I will give u a blast

Herr ois.

I need to talk very openly to many of our veterans here

Zemms u are a veteran with 1000 posts so you gotta listen

Our job here is not to be shmuts free

Our job is not to reinvent ourselves

Our job is not EVEN to change

!BARDS VUSS ZUGST DU!!!

STAM KEFFIRRA??!!

Slow boys slow

Herr ois

I myself and many veterans here have contacted me on my help line

They are crying

Waaaaaaa

I went 90 180. 360 2 years etc etc

And I still urge

I still need the fix

I still get triggerred

Pssssst shhhh I still slip and falll

Waaaaaaaaaa!!!

Herrr ois

This is very very important

What we do here is very interesting

We activate dormant energy that was put to sleep by our addiction

Keep on reading boys

Its important

Again ill be masbir

The addiction is fun it gives pleasure. It provides an escape hatch from the real issues in life

But but ... (Bards is back in form)

It kills everything in our human nature

It kills the energy we need to be able to work on breaking the pattern

So the addiction is really set up good

He comes in drives u to the amusement park locks u in. And robs your car. So u are stuck

And he tells u don't even try to leave

It will be worse if you leave

You NEED to be here

Ok

Now what we are accomplishing here is

Is

Azoi

We say there is no amusement park

There are no gates

We are not trapped

We shine light on the addiction

And it begins to fade

What we accoplish here is NOT a cure

It is NOT magic

And we will never ever be lust free

Nevevvvvvvvver

But we got the "gevver" the "ammunition" within our minds to say. I'm only a prisnor of my own imagination

Bards

KOT

Re: I will make it b"h 04 May 2017 19:09 #312299

• Workingguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Brilliant. Wish I was on the forum when he was active. 

Re: I will make it b"h 04 May 2017 19:34 #312300

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
People may say that about you when you hit the ESC button like he did and leave technology behind in the twilight zone
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: I will make it b"h 04 May 2017 20:41 #312305

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Thank you for sharing these meaningful posts from the past. Brilliance. What ever happened to him?
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: I will make it b"h 04 May 2017 21:18 #312313

• mayanhamisgaber
  • Platinum Boarder
Don't know assuming what happens to addicts when they get real...
They need to be in the real world not virtual
Time to create page: 0.87 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes