Welcome, Guest

TzedekChaim's journey
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: TzedekChaim's journey 45798 Views

Re: TzedekChaim's journey 24 Oct 2017 20:17 #321537

• tzedekchaim
  • Current streak: 2239 days
  • Gold Boarder
One other point I realized today,

My (stinkin) thinkin: an addiction is a deep learning pattern in my brain. So when I look at women and my eyes first see their chests, what I need to do is to retrain my eyes to first look at peoples faces. therefore when I see a women's chest I keep looking at her but focus on her face. This is a trick of the addiction of course. The fact that I think that I could retrain it like this is true, but I can train to look at people's faces by looking at men, when it comes to women it means that I am not really surrending it to Him, because somewhere in my head I still think that I can and I have the willpower to retrain my brain and solve the problem. If I could I would have stopped acting out/ gazing a long time ago. So once I realized that I just surrender it to him and its not my business from then on. Not only does this help me look at their faces when I talking to one like the person she is, but it also keeps it out of mind since it's not MY batttle, but rather its HIS one.

Some thinks stink,
Some stinks think,
but the worst kink
is the owner of the stink-n-think...

Re: TzedekChaim's journey 25 Oct 2017 10:32 #321564

• tzomah
  • Gold Boarder
cordnoy wrote on 23 Oct 2017 22:37:

TzedekChaim wrote on 23 Oct 2017 21:34:
Today is 412, Thank you Hashem for causing me to reach here. Thank you for helping me yesterday and thus far today. I love you!

Thank you HashemHelpMe for your encouraging words. I really appreciate it. (way past the first trimester, but that's okay, because Hashem set it up this way so that I can have the opportunity to accept it without any conditions or strings attached such as an end date.)

ToDAY was pretty good. I had to drag myself out of bed in the morning (some residual negativity from the previous day, that's fine, I'm really passed it now). After shacharis I had a quick conversation with a friend of mine and it left me grinning ear to ear. Then I realized that so much if not all of my angst is just from swimming around in my own and often times negative echo chamber in my head. Instead of trying to reason my way out of a negative mood I really should just pick up the phone (there's a chiddush ) and call someone. It's amazing how a simple conversation can pull us into a better mood.

I was in the elevator on two occasions over the last 24 hours. I decided to say something both times instead of just remaining in awkward silence. (it turned out to be some of the most interesting elevator rides of my life)

the first one was a man who was on his way to hang with a friend and was concerned about the weather. We chatted and I, who had been driving all day in the clear sky, told him that it was really nice outside, which gave him a big smile.

The second one was a woman (who was in pajamas, and I swear was in the middle of buttoning them when the doors opened for me to enter. I actaully didn't look or stare in the direction until it was clear she was decent.) without facing her directly I asked how her day was, she said nice, I commented on the weather being so nice these passed couple of days, and she got all enthusiastic about the weather. Then she added in a sad way as we were about to depart that well winter is coming and its going to get real cold soon. Too bad, she said, I wish it were so nice the whole year. I replied, then we wouldn't appreciate the nice weather. She looked at me and said in a mindblown kindof way, you are so right, Wow! She thanked me and went on her way.

These two incidences aren't too crazy, but they show that if I step out of my little mind world and into His world there are a host of interesting things out there and nice people within it.

Thank you GYE, I love you guys!

-Hatzlacha rabba All and keep the focus on all the good we do/done and not on all the good we haven't done. (maybe I'll elaborate at a later date; just something I learned today)

Damn! How come these unbuttoned pajama incidents never happen to me?

yeah me neither 
i think i was looking to hard for it

like a bridge over troubled waters

my stuff

Re: TzedekChaim's journey 25 Oct 2017 15:46 #321572

• LoveU,Hashem
  • Current streak: 11 days
  • Expert Boarder
  • כנשר יעיר קינו, על גוזליו ירחף

3) we often put limitations on ourselves. There was a study done where they asked a bunch of kids if they can draw. The kids answered unanimously that they could. Then they asked a bunch of adults if they could draw and they said no they couldn't. This puzzled the psycologists studying the groups. Then they realized that the kids we answering the question of if they could irrespective of anyone or anything else draw, and they answered that yes they could draw. The adults compared themselves to famous artists and said that if they couldn't do that then they couldn't draw. The funny thing is that almost any adult can draw better than a kid. But the adults had limited themselves down to nothing in the drawing department because they had some baised view. I think this is profound since I find that I limit myself in different things because I can't do it like ploni. Even if I CAN do it like ME. And I end up throwing out what I can do because it's not worth anything in my eyes. What a deep sheker, that keeps us chained down and limited. (this is a metally imposed chain, as opposed to someone who is disabled and can't physically do something)

So true Tzedek chaim!! Thank you for sharing! you have a ton of insight in you!! How foolish is our minds most of the time.! Perfection also has a great impact on that. If I can't be perfect at it, I might as well not even start. I suffer too much of it. But if you call out these kinds of behavior by its name (stinkin thinkin), it becomes easier to identify this mindset later on and fight it (or rather surrender it to Hashem). Well said, brother! 

Re: TzedekChaim's journey 25 Oct 2017 18:19 #321582

• bgit
  • Gold Boarder
Yeah, a big source of our unhappiness comes from looking at other people. Even in these types of struggles which are private we start projecting how we think other people are and how we are so much worse. Then we visit gye and realize how many people have these issues which is comforting for us. We should also realize that in others areas that we don't see people have our struggles or ones similar to them. That's my two cents anyway.

Re: TzedekChaim's journey 26 Oct 2017 03:15 #321611

• tzedekchaim
  • Gold Boarder
Thank you Hashem for handling the things I can't, giving me the strength to handle the things I can, and a little wisdom to know the difference.

Peace out!!!

Re: TzedekChaim's journey 29 Oct 2017 00:23 #321675

• tzedekchaim
  • Gold Boarder
Day 419 b'H!

Shabbos was very good. Really special!

I wanted to thank my wife for the amazing meal she made, but I went to an oneg thinking I would get back before she went to sleep, but she was very tired, and fell asleep before I got home. I felt a little bad. So I said it the next day, but I didn't feel like it went over so well. (probably wasn't the greatest time, but who knows).

I learned at home after lunch, wasn't into it and spaced out and 'escaped' into sleeping a drop. Then went to the bais and the learning was better, but I had some strong hirhurim, which i surrendered, then I learned with a chavrusa and it was great the rest of shabbos. Cleaned up and washed the dishes after shabbos.

The biggest 'drag' that I feel with the situation that I find myself is that I have a very strong feeling to give to my wife, and doing things for her and trying to be the most helpful husband I can feels good but it doesn't relieve that feeling. No, I don't mean that the only way to relieve that is to have you know what! I mean that a simple spontaneous hug that passes along the message of how much I love her. We definetly have different 'love languages' and she not a huggy, type, I am so it makes me feel a little rejected and not wanted. I KNOW that she is not rejecting me, its just not her thing as much, nor her family's, especially since her nauseau seems related to proximity of people to her. but nevertheless, my FEELINGS feel rejected. people are so weird...

Any suggestions, I plan on talking to my rebbe and my wife about it, but if anyone has anything to share would be most welcome.

Hatzlacha GuYsE (read. guys

Re: TzedekChaim's journey 29 Oct 2017 00:43 #321676

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
TzedekChaim wrote on 29 Oct 2017 00:23:
Day 419 b'H!

Shabbos was very good. Really special!

I wanted to thank my wife for the amazing meal she made, but I went to an oneg thinking I would get back before she went to sleep, but she was very tired, and fell asleep before I got home. I felt a little bad. So I said it the next day, but I didn't feel like it went over so well. (probably wasn't the greatest time, but who knows).

I learned at home after lunch, wasn't into it and spaced out and 'escaped' into sleeping a drop. Then went to the bais and the learning was better, but I had some strong hirhurim, which i surrendered, then I learned with a chavrusa and it was great the rest of shabbos. Cleaned up and washed the dishes after shabbos.

The biggest 'drag' that I feel with the situation that I find myself is that I have a very strong feeling to give to my wife, and doing things for her and trying to be the most helpful husband I can feels good but it doesn't relieve that feeling. No, I don't mean that the only way to relieve that is to have you know what! I mean that a simple spontaneous hug that passes along the message of how much I love her. We definetly have different 'love languages' and she not a huggy, type, I am so it makes me feel a little rejected and not wanted. I KNOW that she is not rejecting me, its just not her thing as much, nor her family's, especially since her nauseau seems related to proximity of people to her. but nevertheless, my FEELINGS feel rejected. people are so weird...

Any suggestions, I plan on talking to my rebbe and my wife about it, but if anyone has anything to share would be most welcome.

Hatzlacha GuYsE (read. guys

Why not ask her what she prefers?
And btw since you're upgraded with your Wedding day, it's time to make another smiley thread for the B.B. Section
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: TzedekChaim's journey 29 Oct 2017 01:02 #321678

• tzedekchaim
  • Gold Boarder
I had that thought a few times, but I forgot it when we were in discussion. Thanks for the reminder!!

Here it is: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/321677-Tzedek-Chaims-SMILEY-thread

and enter...
Last Edit: 29 Oct 2017 01:07 by tzedekchaim.

Re: TzedekChaim's journey 29 Oct 2017 03:02 #321680

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I relate to your rejection feelings. I have a really really hard time when I feel my wife is rejecting me. However I have learned to realize that at least 99% of the time it is just my imagination/perception. I have to remind myself that this or that specific action or inaction is not actually rejection. Hope that was helpful.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: TzedekChaim's journey 29 Oct 2017 04:02 #321681

• lionking
  • Platinum Boarder
Git Voch,

First of all, Mazel Tov on your Wedding and Besoiros Tovois on the upcoming simcha. You are a major inspiration for me.
I wish I had the clarity and maturity to work on myself before getting married. Keep on inspiring us!
Regarding your different languages, perhaps read "The 5 languages of Love" from Gary Chapman. I had borrowed it from the Public Library and both my wife and I read it through. It was worthwhile to read it.

Hatzlocha Rabba!
My email address is: growinghigher613@gmail.com
Time to create page: 0.63 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes