Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Forum Upgrades 5829 Views

Re: Current Streak, or - PASSED 90 DAYS 25 Aug 2016 02:04 #294338

• shlomo24
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Kedusha wrote on 24 Aug 2016 19:49:
My personal feeling is that no one need be intimidated by someone with a high sobriety count.  If you ask me, if I can do it (one day at a time, of course), almost anyone can.  The only condition is that you have to really want to get clean and stay clean, and be prepared to do whatever it takes to get there - one day at a time.

And I also think that there's no reason for that fear also. However, reality is that people do feel that way. I definitely have in my past. I had serious objectification issues with people who had good sobriety. I just don't think there's a perfect solution here. I retrospect I don't like the proposed solution because A) There's a huge difference between 90 and 90+ and B ) This reinforces the whole 90 day falsity that 90 days equals problem over. Therfore I think we should stick with what we have because it's functional and people can just do as they feel. Let's not forget that God is the one who is in charge and he's running the show. People will be ok. Also, look how special we are! We are ARGUING, (in a appropriate fashion), about the best way to help others. We all deserve a pat on the back.
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Email: iam24zman@gmail.com
Last Edit: 25 Aug 2016 02:05 by shlomo24.

Re: Current Streak, or - PASSED 90 DAYS 25 Aug 2016 02:59 #294339

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
I don't know how many members are on mobile

I access gye primarily on mobile and "current streak" is never shown to others even on a users page

What I just changed in my profile can be seen on mobile too, so it's only a plus for whoever want to follow suit
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Forum Upgrades 25 Aug 2016 22:19 #294377

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Guys the previous discussion pales in comparison to the following

I had an idea I mentioned to Yesod on the phone yesterday which he liked

We lead by example / action. When people see what a member DOES for his recovery ODAAT that is the greatest advice we can give.

So id like to suggest a new feature which will show other members on the forum what tools a member actively uses

This would be displayed above the signature and look like shown here

What works for me• Calling Friends • Forum
• Internet-Restrictions • SA group
• Taphsic • Therapist
• Weekly Group Call

:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

I did say we lead by example... so I decided to put it in mine already...

Thoughts anyone?

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Forum Upgrades 26 Aug 2016 01:15 #294391

• shlomo24
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Sounds cool. I'll have a think about it.
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Email: iam24zman@gmail.com

Re: Forum Upgrades 26 Aug 2016 03:31 #294393

• Workingguy
  • Platinum Boarder
I think you can easily get into territory of being too intimidating and placing too much attention on the person giving the advice and not the actual work necessary; it's making it too much about us.

In 12 steps they always told us that we know but a little, and while I'm not sure if I agree, I do think this can be very off putting. 

Re: Forum Upgrades 29 Aug 2016 16:28 #294482

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

Workingguy wrote on 26 Aug 2016 03:31:
I think you can easily get into territory of being too intimidating and placing too much attention on the person giving the advice and not the actual work necessary; it's making it too much about us.

In 12 steps they always told us that we know but a little, and while I'm not sure if I agree, I do think this can be very off putting. 

I have thought about that last idea and IMHO it's something ALL members can (and should) partake in, regardless of "current streak" count

WG, "they always told us that we know but a little".
100%, however part of the reason we post is to help others on their ride, and i believe the idea of "What works for me" is highly beneficial

For example many guys would gain by joining SA groups
If they'd see cordnoy and others talk about their own experience, at the minimum stating what they do, it can be very telling, without telling

My 1 cent - spin it how you like

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions

➣ Nice Trucking Story
Last Edit: 29 Aug 2016 16:29 by Markz.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.60 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes