Welcome, Guest

Singularity's Journey
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Singularity's Journey 106993 Views

Re: Singularity's Journey 05 Oct 2016 11:39 #295869

• Singularity
  • Current streak: 72 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • To write, or not to write?
Thanks Meier, that's very enlightening.

Markz: Yeah it's such a simple decision when you put it like that. This monday PG I'll be there. And will report back about it. Don't know if another job is viable right now, but I am working on some other projects... will see.

Okay. 13 Days and going good BH. Rosh Hashona was nice. Hope everyone else enjoyed it too.
"Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his sobriety level?"
"... It's over NINE-ZEROOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

One day... At A Time :-D

Introduce Yourself and get a free karma point from yours truley!
My Thread

Re: Singularity's Journey 10 Oct 2016 08:20 #296136

• Singularity
  • Platinum Boarder
Day 18!

Good news everyone. 
Well I've had a pretty rough last 2 weeks. In terms of shmiras eynayim but mostly personal motivation, self esteem, getting up for minyonim, learning etc.
But one thing I can put on my mizbeach and makriv to Hashem is such, that yesterday I was going to be at my in-laws working while my wife and her mother and the kids went out shopping. They have a computer completely unprotected, and with my last ounce of strength I swallowed my pride and told my wife and her mother they need to password protect the PC.
And when they left, the urge was so enormous that I didn't even feel myself walking towards the computer, but when I got there, I had to enter a password! Think about all that Gehinnom I was just saved from! That's my personal Korban for AYT. I hope it's enough to pass ^.^

PG going to SAA meeting today.

My Thread

Re: Singularity's Journey 10 Oct 2016 10:05 #296138

• shlomo24
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
I'm a fan of SAA. I don't really agree with the SA sobriety definition and SAA allows you to set your own button lines. Also I have found the fellowship to be more open.
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Email: iam24zman@gmail.com

Re: Singularity's Journey 10 Oct 2016 10:37 #296139

• Singularity
  • Platinum Boarder
Is there a me'akev difference between SA and SAA? I'm going to SAA because it's on the way home from work at a convenient time as opposed to SA, which is on the other side of town in a church at a really bad time.

My Thread

Re: Singularity's Journey 10 Oct 2016 12:59 #296150

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Great going brother!!

KEEP ON TRUCKING!!
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Singularity's Journey 10 Oct 2016 13:59 #296152

• shlomo24
  • Platinum Boarder
Singularity wrote on 10 Oct 2016 10:37:
Is there a me'akev difference between SA and SAA? I'm going to SAA because it's on the way home from work at a convenient time as opposed to SA, which is on the other side of town in a church at a really bad time.

I would love to talk to you about this. My number is in my signature. You can call me anonymously if you want. The similarities are much more than the differences. However, SA is easier for the newcomer because in SAA you have to define your bottom lines. Although I do think there's value in that. SA is more direct about their program than SAA. 
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Re: Singularity's Journey 10 Oct 2016 14:29 #296159

• Singularity
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks so much. google voice? does that cost like a phone call? Coz' I can't really do that. Maybe we can VOIP sometime. I will go tonight and let y'all know what I think.

My Thread

Re: Singularity's Journey 10 Oct 2016 23:23 #296192

• shlomo24
  • Platinum Boarder
It's a call forwarding software. So myself phone will ring but I don't give away a private number. Call me whenever, I check my messages and I'm pretty good at getting back to people.

Re: Singularity's Journey 11 Oct 2016 04:45 #296209

• Singularity
  • Platinum Boarder
Went to my first meeting last night. So interesting. It was comforting to see another frum yid there. Whom I've seen from around as well. He was very helpful and insightful. It's just a good environment, people from all walks of life just wanting to beat this thing. It was very sobering. We're in it together. PG I'll keep going. Well after a three week hiatus due to monday night yomtovs haha. But I can't wait to go back. I feel like after so long I'm finally doing something to fight it. Anyway Gmar Chasima Tovah to all, brocha v'hatzlocha.

My Thread

Re: Singularity's Journey 26 Oct 2016 11:07 #296810

• Singularity
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi guys.

BH over 30 days. With a slight slip, viewing an inappropriate image on erev Shabbos Sukkos. My phone is blocked but I had an urge and my wife's phone was charging nearby. I did a google plus search, but stopped and decided to push for the early mincha. 
I believe I should install a filter on her phone as well. But BH nothing resulted from it. However I do feel sluggish. My expectations of Yamim Tovim are being challenged now that I have some kids BH. Can't just do whatever you want anymore, it becomes more about the children. But I always have personal bias and selfishness. Working on it BH. 
So I've taken active steps in integrating into a shiur, a community, and a good foundation and SUSTAINABILITY in my learning structure. That's mostly what I'm looking for. Going full steam and burning out leaves me much more open to take in shtus. And I don't want that to happen.
Going to the meeting this coming monday. I have to take down the Yetzer Hora on so many fronts!
So my goals for this year are:
  1. Becoming closer with my family, no excuses
  2. Integrating into community / shiur
  3. Lose weight, eat healthily, get back into running
  4. connect with SAA and develop a support group.

B'Hatzlocha all!

My Thread

Re: Singularity's Journey 26 Oct 2016 22:17 #296835

• shlomo24
    • Platinum Boarder
    You sound like a man with a plan.

Re: Singularity's Journey 27 Oct 2016 03:37 #296865

• Moudmack
    • Current streak: 492 days
    • Junior Boarder
    Great to see your progress and hearing your story. Behatslaha Rabba keep it up and put filters everywhere!

Re: Singularity's Journey 27 Oct 2016 08:06 #296889

• shlomo24
    • Platinum Boarder
    Moudmack wrote on 27 Oct 2016 03:37:
    Great to see your progress and hearing your story. Behatslaha Rabba keep it up and put filters everywhere!

Hmmm, filters everywhere? That doesn't sound practical. What about the attractive woman on the street? What about his wife? What about emotional triggers? Don't think you can filter that. I do applaud him on joining a program of spirituality. KUTGW.

Re: Singularity's Journey 27 Oct 2016 11:07 #296894

• Singularity
    • Platinum Boarder
    why not?
    :pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

My Thread

Re: Singularity's Journey 27 Oct 2016 13:58 #296915

• shlomo24
    • Platinum Boarder
    Singularity wrote on 27 Oct 2016 11:07:
    why not?
    :pinch: Warning: Spoiler!

That was excellent. I loved that. Raised karma for you.

Time to create page: 0.76 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes