Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Not Alone 1637 Views

Not Alone 30 Jun 2016 12:57 #291075

• ttavlin613
  • Fresh Boarder
​When I originally joined GYE about 3 years ago, I was clean for a year or so, and even after that, I managed to get to 90 days once or twice. I have yet to make it more than a month in the last year or so, and I am now almost at day 40. Nothing new this time, just taking it a little more seriously I guess. I find I have a ridiculously busy schedule, and while I used to have time to constantly be involved with shmiras aynayim chizuk, and now I just don't (general life business). I also can manage to keep clean with technology, but then as soon as I walk outside, now that summer is here, every minute is another challenge. I know I need to start posting more, and whatever chizuk you have for me is much appreciate, to remind me that I am not alone, I am not the only one struggling with this.

Re: Not Alone 30 Jun 2016 13:07 #291076

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi TT

Would you like daily reminders, perhaps it can be automated

By the way has Torah Tavlin helped lower your struggle

I assume you've read the Handbook and White book

All that's outstanding is to peruse the "Free Towing" page in my signature

KOT
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Not Alone 30 Jun 2016 13:11 #291078

• abd297
  • Gold Boarder
Welcome back. You are definitely not alone. I personally have found myself in a similar situation. After my first few months of GYE I was really busy and couldn't get onto GYE for sometimes weeks at a time. I moved closer to falling. I eventually fell at over 110 days. When I decided to come back this time, I made a point to connect as much as I could. It has been working well so far. 
All the best and keep us posted. 
Let Hashem Do His Job!

We need to jump off the conveyor belt of life and walk on our own.

You cannot make yourself feel something you do not feel, but you can make yourself do right in spite of your feelings.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Re: Not Alone 30 Jun 2016 18:37 #291100

• serenity
  • Platinum Boarder
  • "ONE DAY AT A TIME"
You're not alone. What works for me is just taking it one day at a time. I could never make it for any length of time. The second I think about how long I can make it for I'm pretty much done. I just have today and the most I can hope for is a daily reprieve from the obsession. 
Much Hatzlacha!

My Threads:
Glad to be here
Don't slip it hurts
Lions & Tigers & Internet, Oh My!

--"ולא המדרש עיקר, אלא המעשה"
--"To promise not to do a thing is the surest way in the world to make a body want to go and do that very thing." Mark Twain
--"If, when you honestly want to, you find you cannot quit entirely, or if when drinking (or lusting), you have little control over the amount you take, you are probably alcoholic (or sexaholic)." AA Big Book P. 45. Parenthesis added.
--You hit rock bottom when you decide to stop digging.

Re: Not Alone 01 Jul 2016 03:36 #291141

• inastruggle
  • Current streak: 25 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • the picture is shimshon hagibor. not st. mary....
I know how you feel. I also was on gye heavily for a while and stayed clean for over a year. I left and started falling again then eventually made my way back once again.

KOCB
keep on coming back!

Re: Not Alone 02 Jul 2016 16:48 #291232

• SkyBird
  • Current streak: 2 days
  • Fresh Boarder
I wish you strength , but you say you've got busy schedule as long as I remember one usually does this stuff when they have bunch of free time alone ( at least on my side ) so I think you gonna take care of it till 90 days  

Re: Not Alone 07 Jul 2016 01:33 #291485

• ttavlin613
  • Fresh Boarder
I have found that it is a lot more about the mindset for me than it is about keeping busy. THere are times when I dont have a free minute and still manage to find time. Whereas I'm right now totally free, with a lot of time (and internet access I cannot avoid) and look where I am, posting here

I wish I had more time to learn, as I know that it is a huge help for me, but again, life just has a way of getting totally crazy and it makes it difficult to keep up a regular seder

Re: Not Alone 08 Jul 2016 03:55 #291584

• inastruggle
  • Current streak: 25 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • the picture is shimshon hagibor. not st. mary....
I know what you mean about the mindset. For me that's also the most important part of this whole issue.

The way I usually fall is by slowly slipping until I get to a point where I pretty much fell anyway so might as well make it official. I'm more likely to slip when I'm bored. Hence, for me being bored is a time to be very wary and on my guard.

Keep on trucking!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.44 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes