Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: in the roots 1842 Views

in the roots 20 Apr 2016 11:29 #285421

• sard hawa
  • Current streak: 15 days
  • Fresh Boarder
hi

Just took up the challenge. Trying to quit for so many years that it seems impossible. The guilt when people refer you as the purest person they know and you are not so crystal. AGONY
I can't even recall when it became so addictive that now i just want to get rid of it, let it be sucked out of me just like it sucked the purity of my heart and mind.

would it be easy? don't know can't tell but i'm hopeful and isn't the HOPE we all should have, to progress from being good to better and best.

well i surely will need few inspirational and motivational words (avoid the sympathies as it just make you self drenched)

a hopeful boy

Re: in the roots 20 Apr 2016 12:26 #285425

• cordnoy
You asked for it!

Hope is a four letter word.
Plan is as well.
Action is not.

B'hatzlachah

My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: in the roots 20 Apr 2016 13:12 #285428

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome brother!
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: in the roots 20 Apr 2016 14:33 #285441

• Workingguy
  • Platinum Boarder
cordnoy wrote on 20 Apr 2016 12:26:
You asked for it!

Hope is a four letter word.
Plan is as well.
Action is not.

B'hatzlachah

Let me give the pirush Rashi on Cordnoy's post; might be obvious but some of the newcomers may not be familiar with your style of writing little with each line meaning something.

Hope is a four letter word- we're all hoping and you can hope from today till tomorrow, but what are you DOING about it?

Plan- same thing, it's theoretical but when are you putting it into......

Action- means deciding to do something and DOING it. So what will that be?

Re: in the roots 20 Apr 2016 15:40 #285447

• abd297
  • Gold Boarder
Welcome! I can totally relate to the feelings about other people seeing you as pure or whatever. I've personally realized that things are not actually the way I see them.

I used to think that I'm a dirty, lying, creep who is living a dark secret life. If anyone really knows who I am then I'll be no diffent than the people you hear about in the news. 

Now with the help of the GYE family I have a new perspective on things. Yes, I am living a secret double life with some really dark parts but that's not who I really am. I'm a frum yeshiva guy who has been struggling with real issues but hasn't had the chance to really do anything about it. I look around and see that everyone has private aspects of their lives. Thousands of people just like me share similar issues. I have had the opportunity to make great progress in these issues and I'm on the track for much more. 

The issues are still part if me but they are not what I am. I just need to grow the real me. 

I hope you can find a ton of help here because there is so much around. It's the biggest wealth of resources that I've ever heard of. Just look around and find what works for you and get started. 

All the best ans keep us posted. 
Let Hashem Do His Job!

We need to jump off the conveyor belt of life and walk on our own.

You cannot make yourself feel something you do not feel, but you can make yourself do right in spite of your feelings.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

Re: in the roots 20 Apr 2016 15:49 #285448

• inastruggle
  • Current streak: 25 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • the picture is shimshon hagibor. not st. mary....
Welcome,

A lot of people here can relate to your situation.

Hatzlacha!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.47 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes