Welcome, Guest

Yet another story..
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Yet another story.. 7359 Views

Re: Stage 2 19 Jun 2016 19:50 #290352

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
And I thought I was the most judgemental... darn

I don't know if I have an answer to your question, but if you could elaborate on your "current position", it would help (Anonymously of course cos I doubt anyone knows who you are)
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Stage 2 19 Jun 2016 22:23 #290359

• Workingguy
  • Platinum Boarder
Yaalzu wrote on 18 Jun 2016 22:21:
Markz, thank you for words imparted in a kind and understanding manner, more than others here seem to care to do. Especially in a forum (no pun intended?) such as this, I see it very important to reach out a helping hand as opposed to a judgmental eye, and seeing the other comments I really was on the verge of giving up the forum altogether. 

The presumptions of what I have/haven't been trying is utterly ridiculous, you're all so certain of yourselves and defensive of someone who challenges what you found acceptable....This is my second account on GYE, and yes I have done plenty of reading on the forums, though I can't say that the attitutde you guys yourselves are expressing here is making it a very complelling thing to do, to post in such a judgmental place. Sending judgmental messages my way, I can promise you, won't convince me to do anything you would ever try, even if there was room for it in my opinions, just because of the way it is presented, attacking my ego and all that. anyways I don't feel like expanding the topic any further so I'll stop myself here.

Markz, how do you mean getting in touch? by phone? by chat? I've already been reached out to by a member to call him and I did, he gave me a bit of a push in the right direction, but unfortunately wasn't too familiar, I suppose, with the various implications of my current position and therefore the advice he gave was rather limited. 

You make it like it's the people on the forums responsibility to convince you to accept their advice. Don't accept it if you don't want to. It just seems strange- if this was like water to put out the fire, would you be telling people how to hand you the water? "Sorry, I won't accept the water from you to put the fire out in my house unless you hand it to me nicely".

You're free to do as you please and I've found the forum a pretty warm, accepting place overall but that's just my experience. On the other hand, perhaps people would be a little more sympathetic if your posts are just about falls and what you won't do.
Last Edit: 20 Jun 2016 00:09 by Workingguy. Reason: Spelling mistake

Re: Stage 2 23 Jun 2016 02:11 #290564

• inastruggle
  • Current streak: 25 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • the picture is shimshon hagibor. not st. mary....
Hey Yaalzu, I'd like to explain what I was thinking when I wrote my previous two posts on your thread.

The first post was for you, I said that I thought you would need to post more often than you were in the past if you wanted to get helped from gye. The words I used were "You might..." and "It's hard to see...." They weren't very forceful or certain. I was basing them on my observations over the past few years.

I didn't want to write a long post if I was going to be wasting my time. I figured you'd either say you were interested or you weren't.

I could've said it more gently and if that was what bothered you then I apologize.

The second post was not to you. It was to anyone reading the forum.

Mark had said that you had tried the forum. I disagreed and continue to disagree. I felt it was a dangerous thing to say and wrote forcefully. With all due respect to whatever you've done to stop, you have not tried the forum yet. Reading the forum is not trying it. It's about participation like I wrote above.

I stand by all the ideas I wrote earlier but I apologize for any pain I caused you.

I'd like to hear what you think.

Re: Stage 2 23 Jun 2016 04:29 #290583

• inastruggle
  • Platinum Boarder
I've thought this whole thing over. I do feel that the forum is becoming a much tougher place than it used to be. I don't think it's a good thing.

With that in mind I want to amend what I said previously without justifying myself.

Yaalzu, I should've said what I wanted to in a much nicer way or kept quiet. I'm sorry.

Re: Stage 2 26 Jun 2016 12:25 #290705

• Yaalzu
  • Current streak: 14 days
  • Fresh Boarder
It wasn't the first part of your first post that bothered me, but the part you added in parenthesis, and which you mentioned again just now, "waste of time." I find that a terrible thing to say. One of the things that caused me to return to the forum at all is when someone earlier mentioned words of encouragement on how this is the way things are, rather than a nonchalant "what do I care, it's your trouble." 

And more-so, when I see people reacting in this general manner of uncaring and "whateverness" (i.e. "your problem, if that's the way you want it.."), isn't about me trying to get people to pity me and try to convince me to get more help on the forum and so on. It's that I wouldn't want to get help on such a sensitive issue from such insensitive people, (I say insensitive, again, because of the general attitude I'm getting after taking the big step of openly admitting that I need more help, as I mentioned in my "stage 2" post, and yet people took it as an opportunity (kvyachol) to (really kvyachol, as far as how I myself hear it on the receiving end), "smear it in my face" that I have to accept other methods of assistance, and, as if to say, "take back what you said earlier about not wanting to try out different things because you know you were wrong."

again, not that that was what they were saying, but as far as the approach, and how unsensitive it sounded, like "i already know this issue, and i know the right way to solve it, and you don't look interested in what have to say, so you can go to hell for all I care."

that, in short (...), is what bothered me.

ps: I'm already waiting to see all the responses telling me "that's not what I said" "that's not what I meant" "you misunderstood," and completely missing the point of everything I just wrote. so please save me the time and don't post anything like that until you understood what it is that I am trying to say.

or just leave me alone altogether, i've basically given up on this whole forum thing as it is...

Re: Stage 2 01 Jul 2016 03:02 #291137

• inastruggle
  • Platinum Boarder
Ok, I think I'm starting to understand you.

So what would the proper response be?

Do you want advice? Chizzuk? Something else?

I'm not being sarcastic here, I sincerely want to hear your opinion.

Time to create page: 0.43 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes