Welcome, Guest
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Rebooting 1094 Views

Rebooting 26 Jan 2016 05:31 #275465

• bearman13
  • Junior Boarder
Hi. It's been a while since I started on this journey and a while since I actually posted on this site but I just want to check in and put a comment out there. The amount of progress I've made since I've started on this struggle has been amazing. I've also hit a number of other challenges in my life which has made it hard to fully succeed at kicking this habit.

But with diligence, perseverance, a lot of effort, a lot of reading, I'm getting there.

It's so great to know that there are others out there struggling but also succeeding. Soon I will be succeeding like you are.

Even now although I know I am not fully there yet (my next milestone is to hit the 90 day mark) when I compare myself to where I was 2-3 years ago it is phenomenal. I would never wish other people to be in the same mental place where I was back then. I am optimistic and more confident than I have ever been of beating this monster.

Kol tuv! With each others' support may we all succeed and become better people every day!

Re: Rebooting 26 Jan 2016 05:34 #275466

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome back Dovish (=Bear-Man)
And being Dovish is a great idea!!!

I assume you know about Gibbor's Dov quotes?
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story
Last Edit: 26 Jan 2016 12:38 by Markz.

Re: Rebooting 26 Jan 2016 08:14 #275472

• iwant2begood
  • Current streak: 3164 days
  • Expert Boarder
Hatzlocha on your journey!! Keep us posted!!

Re: Rebooting 26 Jan 2016 09:52 #275474

• shteeble
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome back.
We're glad you're here.

Re: Rebooting 26 Jan 2016 15:04 #275493

• bigmoish
  • Platinum Boarder
bearman13 wrote:
Hi,

I haven't posted here in a while and want to "check-in". I went down this whole path of trying to stop this addiction and found that the #1 thing that helped the most was installing filters on my computer. No longer could I easily look stuff up, and this helped me lose my reliance on it and wean my brain off it. The break from it has been so valuable and the flow-on changes in my life have been immense.

BUT, unfortunately I had to leave where I was living and am now living with my parents for a period of time. They have unfiltered internet and I am falling back into my old ways. Thank G-d I am not back at the low level I was when I started this program, but I am definitely seriously "at-risk" right now.

I'm not sure what to do about it. I don't think I can just go installing software on their computers, and I will be here at least for the next month. I really really really don't want to lose this struggle and go back to my old ways. I can't. That is just not an option.

I'm weaning myself off this stuff but right now I just don't think I'm strong enough to have unfiltered internet within easy reach. I'm not sure what to do.

bearman13 wrote:
Thanks for the replies. It bothers me because filtering the internet was such a good and productive step for me. And I wonder if I will every be strong enough to stay clean when I'm near unfiltered internet. I don't think I was long enough without unfiltered internet to really truly break the hard-wired habits in my brain. I think I need at least 3 months (90 days) without unfiltered internet. Like the 90 day challenge on this site. But probably would need much longer.

Maybe the habit never really disappears - like alcoholism. Anyway, I'm still trying to work out a solution. I have to change something. I'll let you guys know what I figure out.

Welcome back!
So, anything change in the last 2 years?
Handbook | Skep's Tips
My threads:
www.guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/236327-Bigmoish-tries-to-be-good
www.guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/236329-Bigmoishs-path-to-tahara

"We have met the enemy and he is us" - Pogo
"Expectation is the mother of frustration" - gibbor120
"Today, damn it! Today!" - cordnoy
"Desiring is not a sin at all, but just a sign that you are not dead yet" - Dov
"We are our own worst observer" - eslaasos's therapist
WDHW!!!

Re: Rebooting 26 Jan 2016 20:22 #275532

• TalmidChaim
  • Platinum Boarder
Welcome back! It sounds like you've gained a lot of good insight.
0% Tolerance and 100% Self-Forgiveness.

Lo ba-shamayim hi
Mellow out.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.45 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes