Welcome, Guest

Yaakov's Ladder
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: Yaakov's Ladder 185174 Views

Re: Yaakov's Ladder 28 Apr 2015 21:51 #253365

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
Hi, Jack!
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: Yaakov's Ladder 29 Apr 2015 03:59 #253378

• Pidaini
  • Platinum Boarder
  • פדני מעושק אדם-מיצר הרע העושק את הבריות-רש"י
HI!!! (wrong thread, but ok)

I was actually thinking about you today. I know you like when people share their successes, so here's a little one for you.

I'm sure many here know the feeling of when you are very nervous about something, a grade on an exam, lost baggage, a response from a job interview, etc. Even though you know it could turn out ok, but being in doubt is terribly frustrating. So, being who we are, we have this little struggle "should I act out, shouldn't..." and the person acts out.

No longer does he finish wiping up, he gets a notification that he passed the exam with flying colo(u)rs, his bag was found and will be delivered to his house, he got the job, etc. and he kicks himself much harder than when he just regularly falls, here he thought he had an excuse, and it popped in his face!!

Well, yesterday we were certain that somehow our wedding album had gone missing. We had lent out our apartment for Yom Tov and since we couldn't find it, it only made sense that something had happened between the 3 families that had used it.

I got in a really bad mood about it, but, thanks to GYE, I made the right decision. I spoke my feelings to Hashem (I was planning on discussing it with a friend who was supposed to have called me, but he called.....when I was in middle of shemonah esrei, and I had told him not to call then ), and I worked on accepting His will.

Late last night my wife tells me that my sister-in-law borrowed it without telling us and it was safe and sound!!

THE END!!

Yankel | My Ladder | Talking to Hashem
I'm just a dude, another guy on this bus.
Have a great day, unless, of course, you made other plans. ~ obbormottel
"Nothing changes as long as everything stays the same" ~ Dov

Re: Yaakov's Ladder 29 Apr 2015 16:33 #253402

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
That story is amazing. You're right. These kind of problems things come up all the time.
It shows that there is hope for all of us.
Thanks.
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories
STORY TIME :)

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking) (The Rebba R' Bards)

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: Yaakov's Ladder 29 Apr 2015 16:58 #253404

• skeptical
Pidaini,

I've got something you can try.

Stop looking for loopholes in your filter!

Re: Yaakov's Ladder 29 Apr 2015 18:58 #253441

• Pidaini
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks skep,

Did you go to college to figure that one out?

stillgoing- is that avatar my twin?

Re: Yaakov's Ladder 29 Apr 2015 19:17 #253446

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
you know, I was wondering what your avatar was. The computer that i'm using now (randomly) blockes out some pics. I couldnt figure out what could be so bad about your avatar that it got blocked out.
So I'm not sure if they are related (never saw it) but you know what they say, "kol yisroel aravim ..."
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: Yaakov's Ladder 29 Apr 2015 19:50 #253452

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
Pidaini
4/27

"trying to see what I tried and what didn't work and then look at what I am doing and asking myself why I think that it will work, and Dov's quote from signature is poking up it's painfully almost certainly true head "nothing changes as long as everything stays the same".

Why do you say that nothing is changing. check out your post from 2 days before.

4/25

"Motzei Shabbos, different story. Couldn't fall asleep, and out of frustration I started a roundabout way.... [b][u][u]I didn't go through with it, but the lust was there, certainly there

[/u][/u][/b]"
BUT YOU DIDN'T GO THROUGH WITH IT. A+ Not only for effert even for the results!
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories

613stillgoing@gmail.com
Last Edit: 03 May 2015 14:44 by stillgoing.

Re: Yaakov's Ladder 29 Apr 2015 20:06 #253456

• Palti-Yossef
  • Expert Boarder
  • אש תמיד תוקד על המזבח לא תכבה
How bad I recognised myself in your story and how strongly it gave me strength to hear about your good choice !

Please keep on sharing the good news !!

Re: Yaakov's Ladder 29 Apr 2015 21:56 #253469

• ZemirosShabbos
  • Platinum Boarder
  • pass the compote
thanks Yankel. you da man!
Sometimes life is like tuna with not enough mayonaise
~Inna beshem ZS

Give, Forgive
~Cordnoy

The reason I'm acting as if I'm pregnant, is because I'm expecting. I should be accepting.
~TZ

Re: Yaakov's Ladder 01 May 2015 18:55 #253687

• gibbor120
  • Platinum Boarder
  • NEVER EVER GIVE UP!
I'm no bird expert, but Yankel's looks like a falcon, not and eagle, so you can't be twins, unless there is some serious kilayim going on, and the birds will have to get their own GYE site

Re: Yaakov's Ladder 02 May 2015 19:24 #253698

• Pidaini
  • Platinum Boarder
Ok...

Now I'm really starting to have multiple personality disorder!!
Last Edit: 02 May 2015 19:25 by Pidaini.

Re: Yaakov's Ladder 03 May 2015 14:52 #253738

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
I don't think they are all that similar. Mine looks like it just took off, and yours looks like you are already cursing for a while
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories

613stillgoing@gmail.com
Last Edit: 03 May 2015 21:01 by stillgoing.

Re: Yaakov's Ladder 04 May 2015 08:05 #253802

• Pidaini
  • Platinum Boarder
Sometimes it's easier when you've just off, you really believe that you're not so familiar with this journey, you're new to the winds, to the heights, to the traffic control, to the basic differences of driving downstairs and driving on high....

When you've been soaring a while, you some times feel like you're a pro, you can take risks, you don't need to pay attention the whole time, you know what to expect, and that can get your wing clipped, and you can start stalling..

Anyway, I'm in a HORRIFIC mood, second day running.

I feel like a complete failure in everything that means something to me, being a husband, a father, a servant of Hashem (at least that's what I tell myself, I'm not sure I really care about that), and a GYE member

Oh boy it's dark!!

Gonna go restart my day, one hour at a time now......

Re: Yaakov's Ladder 04 May 2015 15:58 #253827

• cordnoy
Pidaini wrote:
Sometimes it's easier when you've just off, you really believe that you're not so familiar with this journey, you're new to the winds, to the heights, to the traffic control, to the basic differences of driving downstairs and driving on high....

When you've been soaring a while, you some times feel like you're a pro, you can take risks, you don't need to pay attention the whole time, you know what to expect, and that can get your wing clipped, and you can start stalling..

Anyway, I'm in a HORRIFIC mood, second day running.

I feel like a complete failure in everything that means something to me, being a husband, a father, a servant of Hashem (at least that's what I tell myself, I'm not sure I really care about that), and a GYE member

Oh boy it's dark!!

Gonna go restart my day, one hour at a time now......

Mega dittos.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Yaakov's Ladder 04 May 2015 20:49 #253850

• shlomo613
  • Current streak: 32 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hatzlacha pdaini,
I think a lot of us have been feeling this the past day or so.
Which makes it all the more special that we get over the bump.
Time to create page: 0.69 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes