Welcome, Guest

The most Geshmock 90-Day journey...of my life
(0 viewing) 
Scientific studies show that it takes 90 days to break an addictive pattern in the mind. Start your own Log of your journey to 90 days! Post here to update us on your status and to give each other chizuk to stay strong!

TOPIC: The most Geshmock 90-Day journey...of my life 20155 Views

Re: The most Geshmock 90-Day journey...of my life 08 May 2018 12:48 #330805

Well that didn't work, I got to my phone before heading to bed. Thankfully I made it to 20 days though! 1 more day till 3 weeks and a few more days till my birthday goal!

Thanks for the encouragement. A non-smart phone isn't going to work for me, but I'm going to delete the app causing trouble and see it I can live without having it.

I'm going to do this. There may be slips, there may even be falls, but I'm going to get out of the mindset of being a person who does this. It's going to become the exception in my life, not the rule.

Re: The most Geshmock 90-Day journey...of my life 08 May 2018 13:03 #330806

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
My friend has my App Store password

What about you?
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: The most Geshmock 90-Day journey...of my life 08 May 2018 13:44 #330807

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Excellent and healthy attitude!
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: The most Geshmock 90-Day journey...of my life 08 May 2018 15:48 #330811

Markz wrote on 08 May 2018 13:03:
My friend has my App Store password

What about you?

I had one for a few weeks and of course needed new apps during that time, so it was frustrating. I got rid of it. I'll see if re-downloading the app becomes an issue for me and then reassess.

Re: The most Geshmock 90-Day journey...of my life 09 May 2018 12:03 #330849

3 weeks!!!!

Last night was very hard to not have the app on my phone but I didn't do anything - no slip! Awesome feeling when I woke up. 

Re: The most Geshmock 90-Day journey...of my life 09 May 2018 12:51 #330851

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2791 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Mazel tov! Keep it up.
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: The most Geshmock 90-Day journey...of my life 10 May 2018 12:00 #330903

I made it!!
22 days, first goal reached. Great feeling. Hope to keep going.

Re: The most Geshmock 90-Day journey...of my life 10 May 2018 15:43 #330914

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!! 
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends

Re: The most Geshmock 90-Day journey...of my life 13 May 2018 23:20 #331027

Sorry I've been MIA, it's been a busy weekend. The first few days I haven't posted here during this streak, but here I am, 25 days and going strong! BH!

Re: The most Geshmock 90-Day journey...of my life 14 May 2018 14:38 #331045

Slipped but made it to 26 days!
I was reading this morning about self mastery and the importance of recognizing small wins in the pursuit, an idea that is common here. Well, to think 26 times in a row now I've been confronted with a decision and said no it's quite remarkable! 

Re: The most Geshmock 90-Day journey...of my life 15 May 2018 01:49 #331062

Slipped, I'm downloading the app that has led to slips again. Such a physchological game because I have other apps that have led to much worse stuff but I'm not even tempted to look at them, just want the stuff that's "not so bad" because I've convinced myself that looking at it doesn't break the streak.
Thankfully I caught myself. But, a short while afterwards I found myself thinking "why not just do the whole thing? It feels so good and yeah you'd break the streak but look how far I made it this time, I deserve it. I'll start a new streak after." Man oh man what dangerous thoughts. Ugh. Hope to see you all on the right side of the path tomorrow.

Re: The most Geshmock 90-Day journey...of my life 15 May 2018 03:17 #331066

HockShmockGeshmock wrote on 15 May 2018 01:49:
Slipped, I'm downloading the app that has led to slips again. Such a physchological game because I have other apps that have led to much worse stuff but I'm not even tempted to look at them, just want the stuff that's "not so bad" because I've convinced myself that looking at it doesn't break the streak.
Thankfully I caught myself. But, a short while afterwards I found myself thinking "why not just do the whole thing? It feels so good and yeah you'd break the streak but look how far I made it this time, I deserve it. I'll start a new streak after." Man oh man what dangerous thoughts. Ugh. Hope to see you all on the right side of the path tomorrow.

Ye, don't think reason ever won that debate.

I find that debating that point is like arguing with a child. It will only make him want whatever he wants more. G-d bless!
If you are really bored, you can check out my original thread here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/305558-Journey-of-one-day-at-a-time 

"Think good and it will be good!"

Re: The most Geshmock 90-Day journey...of my life 15 May 2018 11:01 #331076

Things continued after that pause to come to GYE, but thankfully, didn't escalate. It was a frustrating night. 
27 here

Re: The most Geshmock 90-Day journey...of my life 16 May 2018 02:46 #331113

Well, that's bad. Tonight looked at a next "level" of stuff and while it wasn't full out the worst, and I didn't act on it, I don't see how I can say I'm still on a clean streak. Part of this has been a game- can I get to 90 days? Wondering perhaps if that 3 month thing is actually some sort of magic trick that makes it easier. Man all the excuses to keep going tonight came up. Ugh, not a good feeling. Another thing I noticed during this stretch was that I wasn't feeling particularly better about myself than I normally am, and that was a bit of a letdown. I knew that I was earning much schar for the battle and accomplishments I made, but my internal feelings of happiness during the day didn't specifically change. My hope is that I don't come to a full fall, my hope is that if I ever do, I don't let it spiral and give up until another 4 years down the road I come back here saying now I'm ready. Rather, I hope I'd pick myself back up. Wishing everyone here continued success. 

Re: The most Geshmock 90-Day journey...of my life 16 May 2018 03:47 #331115

I lost. I appreciate having a place like this to vent my feelings. May Hashem grant me success tomorrow is all I can ask for.
Time to create page: 0.58 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes