Welcome, Guest

The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :)
(0 viewing) 
Getting out of Isolation and connecting with others is an important part of recovery. This board is for non-addiction related threads, where members exchange jokes, have fun - and drink Lechayim Together!

TOPIC: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 340750 Views

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 20 Jan 2016 20:40 #275035

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
Pinocchio count.

A dime has 118 ridges around the edge.
A quarter has 119, a half dollar has 150, and a Susan B Anthony dollar has 133. and a NIS has none!

It's impossible to sneeze with your eyes open. (DON'T try this @ home!)
There is a chazuka that it hasn't been done before. However, this is known as a chazuka m'sufek, and we paskin that chazuka m'sufak l'kula. Therefore just because we don't know anyone who has done it, dose not mean that one Can't do it. Just like we don't know anyone who has counted to 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 X 9000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000.

The giant squid has the largest eyes in the world.
The Livyason is bigger.

In England, the Speaker of the House is not allowed to speak.
The speaker in the House of Commons is the chairman. His role is to keep the debate flowing and to make sure that the rules are followed. The speaker is supposed to be impartial, even though he is a member of one of the political parties, and so they do not get to give their own opinions on the debate. Honestly though, I think we would do a lot better in the u.s. if they had the same rule.

The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.
Well, it was a little more then that. It was during a radar-related research project around 1946, when I was a little boy that Dr. Percy Spencer, a self-taught engineer, noticed something very unusual. He was testing a new vacuum tube called a magnetron when he discovered that the candy bar in his pocket had melted. This intrigued him, so he tried another experiment. This time he placed some popcorn kernels near the tube and, perhaps standing a little farther away, he watched with an inventive sparkle in his eye as the popcorn sputtered, cracked and popped all over his lab.
Next, he put the magnetron tube near an egg. Spencer was joined by a curious colleague, and they both watched as the egg began to tremor and quake. The rapid temperature rise within the egg was causing tremendous internal pressure. The curious colleague moved in for a closer look just as the egg exploded and splattered hot yoke all over his amazed face.

Mr. Rogers is an ordained minister.
actually Mr. Rogers WAS an ordained minister. He died. And I knew that when I used to watch him tie his shoes over and over again (didn't you just love his train set!!! )

The average person falls asleep in seven minutes.
I guess I'm not average.
tired driving is a major cause of crashes, and it can impair the human brain as much as alcohol can. According to a 1998 survey, 23% of adults have fallen asleep while driving. According to the U.S.D.T. male drivers admit to have fallen asleep while driving twice as much as female drivers. Maybe because we drive more...
In the United States, 250,000 drivers fall asleep at the wheel every day, 54% of drivers said they had driven while drowsy 28% saying they had actually fallen asleep while driving. Drowsy driving is a factor in more than 100,000 crashes, resulting in 1,550 deaths and 40,000 injuries annually in the USA.

There are 336 dimples on a regulation golf ball.
Anywhere between 300 and 500 is normal. I just counted 200 of them and they all came out different! (That happens when I'm counting the pennies in my pushka too!)

The average chocolate bar has 8 insects' legs in it.
That's disgusting and I refuse to address it!

The average human eats 8 spiders in their lifetime at night.
Same as above! You might consider closing your mouth when you sleep, or take longer then seven minutes to fall asleep, so you can watch for the spiders better.

A cockroach can live nine days without its head before it starves to death
while living in E'Y I personally have taken part in many "jook" decapitations. They ALL died. Maybe if they got their legs tangled in a chocolate bar they absorbed the nutrition that way freeing the spiders to crawl into the mouth of the sleeping (7min) speaker of the house. No wonder he couldn't talk! Maybe if he swallowed some golf balls (all 336 dimples included) with his squid eyes open while sneezing, he might microwave his pocket including the dime (how did he get u.s. money) erasing the 118 ridges around it.
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories
STORY TIME :)

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking) (The Rebba R' Bards)

613stillgoing@gmail.com
Last Edit: 20 Jan 2016 20:45 by stillgoing.

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 20 Jan 2016 20:49 #275037

• Yesod
  • Platinum Boarder
Stillgoing?

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 20 Jan 2016 20:55 #275039

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
Yesod wrote:
Stillgoing?

Uh, yea?
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 20 Jan 2016 20:56 #275041

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
this is kind of a public setting to be having such a serious conversation...
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 20 Jan 2016 21:00 #275044

• bigmoish
  • Platinum Boarder
stillgoing wrote:

I guess I'm not average.
tired driving is a major cause of crashes, and it can impair the human brain as much as alcohol can. According to a 1998 survey, 23% of adults have fallen asleep while driving. According to the U.S.D.T. male drivers admit to have fallen asleep while driving twice as much as female drivers. Maybe because we drive more...
In the United States, 250,000 drivers fall asleep at the wheel every day, 54% of drivers said they had driven while drowsy 28% saying they had actually fallen asleep while driving. Drowsy driving is a factor in more than 100,000 crashes, resulting in 1,550 deaths and 40,000 injuries annually in the USA.
Make sure never to drive anywhere more than seven minutes away.
Handbook | Skep's Tips
My threads:
www.guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/236327-Bigmoish-tries-to-be-good
www.guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/236329-Bigmoishs-path-to-tahara

"We have met the enemy and he is us" - Pogo
"Expectation is the mother of frustration" - gibbor120
"Today, damn it! Today!" - cordnoy
"Desiring is not a sin at all, but just a sign that you are not dead yet" - Dov
"We are our own worst observer" - eslaasos's therapist
WDHW!!!

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 20 Jan 2016 21:16 #275050

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
stillgoing wrote:
Pinocchio count.

A dime has 118 ridges around the edge.
A quarter has 119, a half dollar has 150, and a Susan B Anthony dollar has 133. and a NIS has none!

neither do a penny or a nickel

It's impossible to sneeze with your eyes open. (DON'T try this @ home!)
There is a chazuka that it hasn't been done before. However, this is known as a chazuka m'sufek, and we paskin that chazuka m'sufak l'kula. Therefore just because we don't know anyone who has done it, dose not mean that one Can't do it. Just like we don't know anyone who has counted to 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 X 9000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000.

The giant squid did it. How do you think his eyes got that way?

The giant squid has the largest eyes in the world.
The Livyason is bigger.

In England, the Speaker of the House is not allowed to speak.
The speaker in the House of Commons is the chairman. His role is to keep the debate flowing and to make sure that the rules are followed. The speaker is supposed to be impartial, even though he is a member of one of the political parties, and so they do not get to give their own opinions on the debate. Honestly though, I think we would do a lot better in the u.s. if they had the same rule.

Can I make that rule for the Speaker of my house?

The microwave was invented after a researcher walked by a radar tube and a chocolate bar melted in his pocket.
Well, it was a little more then that. It was during a radar-related research project around 1946, when I was a little boy that Dr. Percy Spencer, a self-taught engineer, noticed something very unusual. He was testing a new vacuum tube called a magnetron when he discovered that the candy bar in his pocket had melted. This intrigued him, so he tried another experiment. This time he placed some popcorn kernels near the tube and, perhaps standing a little farther away, he watched with an inventive sparkle in his eye as the popcorn sputtered, cracked and popped all over his lab.
Next, he put the magnetron tube near an egg. Spencer was joined by a curious colleague, and they both watched as the egg began to tremor and quake. The rapid temperature rise within the egg was causing tremendous internal pressure. The curious colleague moved in for a closer look just as the egg exploded and splattered hot yoke all over his amazed face.

Hence the expression "Egg on his face"

And the power of lasers was discovered when a scientist walked in front of one and it sliced off his tie. Good thing he was wearing a white shirt, the energy reflected off of it but the dark tie burned through. Ever since, all scientists wear white coats. Maybe that's why Yeshiva guys wear white shirts too

Mr. Rogers is an ordained minister.
actually Mr. Rogers WAS an ordained minister. He died. And I knew that when I used to watch him tie his shoes over and over again (didn't you just love his train set!!! )

I guess I'm not average.

That's why i keep all my drives to 6 minutes or less.

There are 336 dimples on a regulation golf ball.
Anywhere between 300 and 500 is normal. I just counted 200 of them and they all came out different! (That happens when I'm counting the pennies in my pushka too!)

The average chocolate bar has 8 insects' legs in it.
That's disgusting and I refuse to address it!

I think I've just been cured of my chocolate addiction

The average human eats 8 spiders in their lifetime at night.
Same as above! You might consider closing your mouth when you sleep, or take longer then seven minutes to fall asleep, so you can watch for the spiders better.

I'd better stop sleeping, I might get addicted to spiders.

A cockroach can live nine days without its head before it starves to death
while living in E'Y I personally have taken part in many "jook" decapitations. They ALL died. Maybe if they got their legs tangled in a chocolate bar they absorbed the nutrition that way freeing the spiders to crawl into the mouth of the sleeping (7min) speaker of the house. No wonder he couldn't talk! Maybe if he swallowed some golf balls (all 336 dimples included) with his squid eyes open while sneezing, he might microwave his pocket including the dime (how did he get u.s. money) erasing the 118 ridges around it.
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends
Last Edit: 20 Jan 2016 21:18 by gevura shebyesod. Reason: readability

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 20 Jan 2016 21:27 #275053

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Bigmoish wrote:
stillgoing wrote:

I guess I'm not average.
With a trick I learnt on gye, I can travel further than 7 min
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 20 Jan 2016 21:33 #275055

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
markz wrote:
Bigmoish wrote:
stillgoing wrote:

I guess I'm not average.
With a trick I learnt on gye, I can travel further than 7 min

Care to share? Good night calendar?
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 20 Jan 2016 21:34 #275057

• bigmoish
  • Platinum Boarder
Tea
Handbook | Skep's Tips
My threads:
www.guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/236327-Bigmoish-tries-to-be-good
www.guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/236329-Bigmoishs-path-to-tahara

"We have met the enemy and he is us" - Pogo
"Expectation is the mother of frustration" - gibbor120
"Today, damn it! Today!" - cordnoy
"Desiring is not a sin at all, but just a sign that you are not dead yet" - Dov
"We are our own worst observer" - eslaasos's therapist
WDHW!!!

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 20 Jan 2016 21:38 #275060

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
7MAAT

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 21 Jan 2016 00:57 #275087

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
PART 3

A polar bear's skin is black. Its fur is not white, but actually clear

Elvis had a twin brother named Aaron, who died at birth, which is why Elvis' middle name was spelled Aron; in honor of his brother.

Donald Duck comics were banned in Finland because he doesn't wear pants.

More people are killed by donkeys annually than are killed in plane crashes.

Stewardesses is the longest word typed with only the left hand. Shakespeare invented the word "assassination" and "bump."

If you keep a Goldfish in the dark room, it will eventually turn white.

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 21 Jan 2016 01:15 #275088

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Page 99

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 21 Jan 2016 01:17 #275089

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
חזק חזק ונתחזק]

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 21 Jan 2016 01:26 #275090

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
PART 4

Women blink nearly twice as much as men.

Right-handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left-handed people do

The sentence "the quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" uses every letter in the English language

The continents names all end with the same letter with which they start

TYPEWRITER, is the longest word that can be made using the letters on only one row of the keyboard

The word racecar and kayak are the same whether they are read left to right or right to left

A snail can sleep for 3 years

Vatican City is the smallest country in the world, with a population of 1000 and a size of 108.7 acres

Did you know you share your birthday with at least 9 million other people in the world

"I am." is the shortest complete sentence in the English language. No president of the United States was an only child

American Airlines saved $40,000 in 1987 by eliminating one olive from each salad served in first-class

The electric chair was invented by a dentist. (does that really surprise any of us?)

Now I'm waiting for my gabai to give pirush rashi on part 3-4.....

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: The Depressed Person's Chill Spot :) 21 Jan 2016 03:25 #275106

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • Platinum Boarder

Did you know you share your birthday with at least 9 million other people in the world

Statistically it's more like 20 million.
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends
Time to create page: 1.14 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes