Welcome, Guest

MAKE KARMA GREAT AGAIN'!
(0 viewing) 
This is a board for all the important threads that we don't want to get lost among the others :-)

TOPIC: MAKE KARMA GREAT AGAIN'! 28007 Views

Re: MAKE KARMA GREAT AGAIN'! 03 Jan 2017 16:09 #302026

• shlomo24
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
I don't like negative karma because I haven't found anyone be like "Oh, I got minus karma, I better get my life back together." It doesn't seem to be an effective motivation. Also, if one guy has a vendetta against someone (ahem, Mark) then that person can consistently lower the others karma. It will look like the forum can't stand the dude, but it's really one guy. I also don't think it's within the spirit of recovery to knock someone down because they are sick.
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Email: iam24zman@gmail.com

Re: MAKE KARMA GREAT AGAIN'! 03 Jan 2017 18:39 #302054

• Watson
  • Platinum Boarder
I don't like negative karma, but without the negative, what's the use of the positives?

Negative karma can show new members who is generally regarded as helpful and who is not. We do have one member who has (had) about -50 karma. That says something to a new member who comes across his posts.

Personally I'd be much more in favour of 'thanks you's and 'respectfully disagree's for each individual post.

Re: MAKE KARMA GREAT AGAIN'! 03 Jan 2017 19:11 #302062

• cordnoy
Watson wrote on 03 Jan 2017 18:39:
I don't like negative karma, but without the negative, what's the use of the positives?

Negative karma can show new members who is generally regarded as helpful and who is not. We do have one member who has (had) about -50 karma. That says something to a new member who comes across his posts.

Personally I'd be much more in favour of 'thanks you's and 'respectfully disagree's for each individual post.

Many times I like a post except for one sentence. Without commenting, I wish there was a way to point that out.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: MAKE KARMA GREAT AGAIN'! 04 Jan 2017 01:39 #302117

• shlomo24
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Watson wrote on 03 Jan 2017 18:39:

I think that positive karma does that job. If someone has a lot of karma then they are probably respected on the forum. If not, then they are either new or they might not be respected. The post to karma ratio is helpful.
If you're an LGBTQ or LGBTQ-questioning person and looking for someone who can understand you, feel free to reach out. I promise no judgement and to try and listen the best I can. 

Email: iam24zman@gmail.com

Re: MAKE KARMA GREAT AGAIN'! 04 Jan 2017 04:21 #302129

• Markz
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
Time for a Commercial break

I did receive 1 or 2 requests to add karma's on a Google Doc, but it's not necessary, as I have updated in my signature...

Ok, now back to you Watson and Shlomo.
btw Thank you and Karma to both of you!!!
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: MAKE KARMA GREAT AGAIN'! 04 Jan 2017 07:29 #302140

• Singularity
  • Current streak: 72 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • To write, or not to write?
I think the most beneficial product of this exercise is that it made us all forget about lust for a little while
"Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his sobriety level?"
"... It's over NINE-ZEROOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

One day... At A Time :-D

Introduce Yourself and get a free karma point from yours truley!
My Thread

Re: MAKE KARMA GREAT AGAIN'! 04 Jan 2017 07:30 #302141

• Singularity
  • Current streak: 72 days
  • Platinum Boarder
  • To write, or not to write?
Also if this is really bugging people, I can call in Radiohead. They have police for this kind of stuff.
"Vegeta, what does the scouter say about his sobriety level?"
"... It's over NINE-ZEROOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

One day... At A Time :-D

Introduce Yourself and get a free karma point from yours truley!
My Thread

Re: MAKE KARMA GREAT AGAIN'! 04 Jan 2017 08:46 #302150

• cordnoy
Singularity wrote on 04 Jan 2017 07:29:
I think the most beneficial product of this exercise is that it made us all forget about lust for a little while

We did?
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: MAKE KARMA GREAT AGAIN'! 04 Jan 2017 20:15 #302192

• mayanhamisgaber
  • Current streak: 44 days
  • Platinum Boarder
maybe we forgot about lust maybe not.... but we definitely found another addiction that we need to conquer ( based on the withdrawal symptoms by some)!!!!!! 
very important thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/19180-FEEL-THE-HUGS%21%21%21" option="guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/19180-FEEL-THE-HUGS%21%21%21">FEEL THE HUGS!!!

Re: MAKE KARMA GREAT AGAIN'! 04 Jan 2017 20:45 #302202

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder

"MayanHamisgaber" post=302192 date=1483560923 catid=20
maybe we forgot about lust maybe not.... but we definitely found another addiction that we need to conquer ( based on the withdrawal symptoms by some)!!!!!! 

Agreed :-) I never dreamed that this thread would make it past 10 posts, let alone 4 pages! I suppose I forgot about the addictive personality .

Everyone is invited over to "The Workout Room" (a new thread) to make some (more) headway on our addiction. Some interesting stuff has already been written.

See you there. :-)
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories
STORY TIME :)

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking) (The Rebba R' Bards)

613stillgoing@gmail.com
Last Edit: 04 Jan 2017 20:47 by stillgoing.

Re: MAKE KARMA GREAT AGAIN'! 04 Jan 2017 22:13 #302227

• mayanhamisgaber
  • Current streak: 44 days
  • Platinum Boarder
where is the workout room
very important thread: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/19180-FEEL-THE-HUGS%21%21%21" option="guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/19180-FEEL-THE-HUGS%21%21%21">FEEL THE HUGS!!!

Re: MAKE KARMA GREAT AGAIN'! 04 Jan 2017 22:42 #302233

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories
STORY TIME :)

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking) (The Rebba R' Bards)

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: MAKE KARMA GREAT AGAIN'! 04 Jan 2017 22:50 #302237

• Watson
  • Platinum Boarder
stillgoing wrote on 04 Jan 2017 20:45:

"MayanHamisgaber" post=302192 date=1483560923 catid=20

Agreed :-) I never dreamed that this thread would make it past 10 posts, let alone 4 pages! I suppose I forgot about the addictive 

I bet we can make it 5 pages

Re: MAKE KARMA GREAT AGAIN'! 04 Jan 2017 22:50 #302238

• Watson
  • Platinum Boarder
Probably

Re: MAKE KARMA GREAT AGAIN'! 04 Jan 2017 22:50 #302239

• Watson
  • Platinum Boarder
Wait for it
Last Edit: 04 Jan 2017 22:52 by Watson.
Time to create page: 0.82 seconds

Are you sure?