Welcome, Guest

Dear R,R & R (Rabbi, Rav & Rebbe)
(0 viewing) 
This is a board for all the important threads that we don't want to get lost among the others :-)

TOPIC: Dear R,R & R (Rabbi, Rav & Rebbe) 25866 Views

Re: Dear R,R & R (Rabbi, Rav & Rebbe) 19 Oct 2015 19:05 #266359

• cordnoy
Shlomo24 wrote:
i beg to differ. my rebbeim have helped me out a TON in life and getting the help i needed. and i am not the only one, i have many friends who struggle with SA or SSA and most of them have some1 they call their "rebbi" who helps them out. while in public many things are to protect the "innocent ones" from falling, in private it is a whole 'nother story. just because it's not the front page doesn't mean it's not being done.

B"H!
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Dear R,R & R (Rabbi, Rav & Rebbe) 10 Jan 2016 05:22 #273810

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Rabbi Rav Rebbe Cordnoy wrote:

In conclusion: if there is one idea that everyone associated with GYE can agree upon (and yes, i mean you as well), and if you would ask yourself, what would be the number one advice you can give someone, or what would be somethin' that can help another get out of this mess? I believe the answer would be to somehow get out of the isolation. Remove the blanket. GEt out of the closet! Somehow, get it into the open (and no; don't broadcast it on CNN), for a heavy load will be removed from your shoulders. Our leaders can help with that....somehow.

Thanks (and sorry for the ramble)

b'hatzlachah

The idea of having a rabbi asking personal question, only works if the congregant is close to him personally, as was in prior generations, not anymore
Many rabbis are great in one area only, each to his own. Some specialize in Halacha, some in hashkafa, some in rhetoric...

What I do believe should be encouraged by RRR's is general awakening to the guardyoureyes website at least 2x/yr for awareness how to protect yourself and your children from devices, Internet etc...

If the rabbi sounds intelligent, members may of their own accord feel comfortable to approach him, after his broaching the topic in general terms.

Posters of gye should be placed bi-annually, and many curious eyes will decide to check it out - why not

I wish I would have found gye many years ago...
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Dear R,R & R (Rabbi, Rav & Rebbe) 10 Jan 2016 05:34 #273815

• cordnoy
markz wrote:
The idea of having a rabbi asking personal question, only works if the congregant is close to him personally, as was in prior generations, not anymore

Don't agree at all.
I think it might even be exactly the opposite.

time for you to get a new Rav.

Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

Re: Dear R,R & R (Rabbi, Rav & Rebbe) 10 Jan 2016 05:37 #273817

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
cordnoy wrote:
markz wrote:

Don't agree at all.

My personal Rav is not my synagogue Rav, and I'm not the only guy like that
You're asking the synagogue rav to do something that in my opinion isn't practical for more than 50% of our holy / hoping to be holy brothers
I read basically all the posts on this thread, and wrote what I feel makes 2 cents

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Dear R,R & R (Rabbi, Rav & Rebbe) 10 Jan 2016 05:42 #273821

• cordnoy
markz wrote:
cordnoy wrote:
markz wrote:

Don't agree at all.

My personal Rav is not my synagogue Rav, and I'm not the only guy like that
You're asking the synagogue rav to do something that in my opinion isn't practical for more than 50% of our holy / hoping to be holy brothers
I read basically all the posts on this thread, and wrote what I feel makes 2 cents

firstly, if my suggestion is good for even a few, that is perfect.
Secondly (and please don't make a poll), where do you get your 50% number from? In today's day and age, the warmth and personality of a Rav is a top priority in the hirin' process.

Re: Dear R,R & R (Rabbi, Rav & Rebbe) 10 Jan 2016 06:00 #273825

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
1- Watson's prior comment, which speaks to me too, that if 'confronted' (in a nice way) by the RRR, I wouldn't open up
2- Although people choose a synagogue based on location, and happens to be there's hopefully (not always) a warm personable rabbi officiating there
Yet, people choose their personal Rav based on many factors not necessarily dependent on location
I'm not making polls and have no stats, but in my humble assessment, a certain percent of the religious population don't have a family Rav at all, eg Chassidim of many groise Rebbes, is the heilige rebbe available for them day in day out like mine?
Then there's a certain percent like myself that have a Rav but he's not the Rav of my shul...
Then there's a small percent that the shul Rav is their family Rav, but he's not the warm personable type

Are we close to 50%

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Dear R,R & R (Rabbi, Rav & Rebbe) 10 Jan 2016 06:07 #273827

• cordnoy
markz wrote:
1- Watson's prior comment, which speaks to me too, that if 'confronted' (in a nice way) by the RRR, I wouldn't open up
2- Although people choose a synagogue based on location, and happens to be there's hopefully (not always) a warm personable rabbi officiating there
Yet, people choose their personal Rav based on many factors not necessarily dependent on location
I'm not making polls and have no stats, but in my humble assessment, a certain percent of the religious population don't have a family Rav at all, eg Chassidim of many groise Rebbes, is the heilige rebbe available for them day in day out like mine?
Then there's a certain percent like myself that have a Rav but he's not the Rav of my shul...
Then there's a small percent that the shul Rav is their family Rav, but he's not the warm personable type

Are we close to 50%

I have no idea, and it's not the point.
And Watson's point also is not the point.
It is for the rabbis to try.

And the sad note that people don't have rabbonim that they feel close to (if that's accurate) is exactly that....sad.

Re: Dear R,R & R (Rabbi, Rav & Rebbe) 10 Jan 2016 06:17 #273828

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
cordnoy wrote:
markz wrote:

Are we close to 50%

And the sad note that people don't have rabbonim that they feel close to (if that's accurate) is exactly that....sad.
unfortunately very true and very sad

And boy does it affect their שלום בית...
I've been shouting for years that guys need a personal Rav, and people just don't listen

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Dear R,R & R (Rabbi, Rav & Rebbe) 11 Jan 2016 18:19 #273994

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
markz wrote:
cordnoy wrote:
markz wrote:

Are we close to 50%

unfortunately very true and very sad

And boy does it affect their שלום בית...
I've been shouting for years that guys need a personal Rav, and people just don't listen
stillgoing wrote:
Why do you think that they just don't listen? You can't just go buy a rav in walmart. How do you just get a rav?

andsm1 wrote:

now i am married with 3 kids and i only now struggle with both taharat mishpacha ...........mostly lack of knowlege because of a lack of a rabbi i trust...

...its not that i dont trust rabbis i just dont have a keshr with any rabbi who i can see as a mentor yet

If your life and your marriage depends on it you'd travel the entire country to find one

No rabbi is perfect, but if I think I'm more perfect than all rabbis...

Even a rabbi that has dealt with his lust issues may be of help (see oisvorfs thread I bumped last night)

Also many of us can do with a personal coach / counselor / therapist, and because it's pushed to the back burner we land up in very hot water

Each man to his own truck, but I don't have lifeguard training, only towing...

Whoever doesn't have a close Rav - go get one!
Whoever has - Hatzlacha!

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Dear R,R & R (Rabbi, Rav & Rebbe) 11 Jan 2016 22:55 #274021

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Cord' sorry this is getting a little off topic
stillgoing wrote:
I don't think that i'm more important then Rabbi's, but i feel that by and large they are all too busy with important things to be nuged by me. I've tried, i really have. I've learnt in shuls no where near my house just so the rav would get to know me, but i feel that for every understanding rav, there are a thousand people like me that need him. I don't like to push myself at the expense of others, so i just loose out.

Jan 11 2016
If your marriage and life depends on it, you'd do it...

Yes there are times that i can look a fool for asking, so what, I have my daas Torah, and I'll do what it takes to do what's right in my life

Same thing as this amazing website
I look like a fool to some guys
they may be right
and for my recovery it requires other guys to help me on my long haul

You gonna stay away from the forums cos youre worried not to take too much of cordnoy or anyone else's time?

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions

➣ Nice Trucking Story
Last Edit: 11 Jan 2016 23:38 by Markz.

Re: Dear R,R & R (Rabbi, Rav & Rebbe) 17 Jan 2016 21:33 #274626

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
markz wrote:
Rabbi Rav Rebbe Cordnoy wrote:

In conclusion: if there is one idea that everyone associated with GYE can agree upon (and yes, i mean you as well), and if you would ask yourself, what would be the number one advice you can give someone, or what would be somethin' that can help another get out of this mess? I believe the answer would be to somehow get out of the isolation. Remove the blanket. GEt out of the closet! Somehow, get it into the open (and no; don't broadcast it on CNN), for a heavy load will be removed from your shoulders. Our leaders can help with that....somehow.

Thanks (and sorry for the ramble)

b'hatzlachah

Many rabbis are great in one area only, each to his own. Some specialize in Halacha, some in hashkafa, some in rhetoric...

What I do believe should be encouraged by RRR's is general awakening to the guardyoureyes website at least 2x/yr for awareness how to protect yourself and your children from devices, Internet etc...

If the rabbi sounds intelligent, members may of their own accord feel comfortable to approach him, after his broaching the topic in general terms.

Posters of gye should be placed bi-annually, and many curious eyes will decide to check it out - why not

I wish I would have found gye many years ago...

This mornings Chizuk email seems to be a classic case in point

image_2016-01-17.jpeg

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: Dear R,R & R (Rabbi, Rav & Rebbe) 17 Jan 2016 21:44 #274629

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
markz wrote:
Cord' sorry this is getting a little off topic
stillgoing wrote:
I don't think that i'm more important then Rabbi's, but i feel that by and large they are all too busy with important things to be nuged by me. I've tried, i really have. I've learnt in shuls no where near my house just so the rav would get to know me, but i feel that for every understanding rav, there are a thousand people like me that need him. I don't like to push myself at the expense of others, so i just loose out.

Jan 11 2016
If your marriage and life depends on it, you'd do it...

Yes there are times that i can look a fool for asking, so what, I have my daas Torah, and I'll do what it takes to do what's right in my life

Same thing as this amazing website
I look like a fool to some guys
they may be right
and for my recovery it requires other guys to help me on my long haul

You gonna stay away from the forums cos youre worried not to take too much of cordnoy or anyone else's time?

It's not that I'm afraid to look like a fool. I can't hide that I don't want to bother them. I don't want to be a hindrance, a nudge, a.. you know what I mean
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories
STORY TIME :)

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking) (The Rebba R' Bards)

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: Dear R,R & R (Rabbi, Rav & Rebbe) 17 Jan 2016 21:51 #274630

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
There was something inapropriate on the girl's screen and she was just using her shoes to cover it
אי נמי she was smashing the screen...

As I said before - you do what you gotta do...

But better not to be a nudge... Don't call your Rav at 2am

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions

➣ Nice Trucking Story
Last Edit: 17 Jan 2016 21:56 by Markz.

Re: Dear R,R & R (Rabbi, Rav & Rebbe) 17 Jan 2016 22:43 #274640

• stillgoing
  • Platinum Boarder
markz wrote:
There was something inappropriate on the girl's screen and she was just using her shoes to cover it
אי נמי she was smashing the screen...

As I said before - you do what you gotta do...

But better not to be a nudge... Don't call your Rav at 2am

imthinking.png

I've gotta mull it over. You may have convinced me. Don't start partying yet - I said MAY.
BIG SHOT!
Free Choice?!
Yirai's Memories
STORY TIME :)

Dr. Seuss - You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You're on your own, and you know what you know. And you are the guy who'll decide where to go.

FSKOT! (Fell Shmell--Keep on Trucking) (The Rebba R' Bards)

613stillgoing@gmail.com

Re: Dear R,R & R (Rabbi, Rav & Rebbe) 19 Jan 2016 03:51 #274820

• Aryeh821
  • Current streak: 591 days
  • Gold Boarder
I think it would probably be a good idea to add yeshiva/high school to the letter as the percentage is probably higher but at the very least for sure equal to any shul ETC....
Soberity is a journey NOT a destination 

Time to create page: 1.20 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes