Welcome, Guest

How does Torah Connect you to God?
(0 viewing) 
If you've made progress - thank G-d, double your merit by inspiring others as well! Post the tips and advice that worked best for you in your journey to sobriety or tell us about recommendations you heard from others that work.
  • Page:

TOPIC: How does Torah Connect you to God? 968 Views

Re: How does Torah Connect you to God? 07 Mar 2021 15:14 #364887

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Here’s my short answer to the original question (there’s more to say). 
It really depends a lot on the strength of the connection you have before you open the Torah Tome
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: How does Torah Connect you to God? 07 Mar 2021 16:09 #364894

• oivedelokim
  • Current streak: 75 days
  • Platinum Boarder

I beleive that the Tanya says b’feirush that Torah is mechapeir on zera levatala, but I don’t recall where he says that.

It’s in אגרת התשובה. The Baal HaTanya brings in the fourth Perek from the Zohar that אין תשובה מועלת למוציא ז״ל. He then brings the ראשית חכמה which says that the meaning of that is that is only true with regards to תשובה תתאה, but not תשובה עילאה, which does help. I don’t have time to explain what those to levels are, but in Perek 8-9 he explains that תשובה עילאה means to learn Torah with דחילו ורחימו.
I am a bochur with a passion for meaning and truth, searching to remain clean and live a holy and fulfilling life.

If you are reading this-you have a friend in me.
Feel free to PM me and I'll share my offline contact information, so we can call and text. I'd be honored if you'd trust me with your story and promise to support you in any way I possibly can.
I've been on GYE for over 7 years. "I may walk slow, but I never walk back" (-Abraham Lincoln?).
(For the background and meaning of my username- see Tanya chapter 15).

My current thread 
Last Edit: 07 Mar 2021 16:10 by oivedelokim.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.41 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes