Welcome, Guest

iPhone Upgrade
(0 viewing) 
If you've made progress - thank G-d, double your merit by inspiring others as well! Post the tips and advice that worked best for you in your journey to sobriety or tell us about recommendations you heard from others that work.
  • Page:

TOPIC: iPhone Upgrade 1430 Views

iPhone Upgrade 14 Nov 2018 14:43 #337244

• Rmartin911
  • Fresh Boarder
I was relying on iPhone restrictions on my phone until they stopped working. I think what happened was that a recent iPhone OS upgrade wiped out what I had put in place. As I had "thrown away" the password I had to find a way to retrieve it. This was really not very hard. So here are a few lessons:

1) Watch out for Upgrades
2) Having someone else only know your password is not at all full proof
3) I have since removed Safari as an allowable app as I found that it has weaknesses (even after release 12 restrictions) and use K9 instead
​4) If you are worried about not being able to link from emails - you can easily now copy them into K9

​I'm sure GYE Filter recommendations are better than mine - so look over there for better advice.

Hatzlacha!

Re: iPhone Upgrade 14 Nov 2018 16:12 #337245

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
Not sure if you've been to TAG and have your info on their files, because I got an email alert from them not to install the next OS upgrade due to possible issues...

You can replace Safari with Covenant Eyes browser

Alternately...
Stick around and you may learn some new things here :-)
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story

Re: iPhone Upgrade 14 Nov 2018 18:04 #337247

• hakolhevel
  • Current streak: 42 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Covenant eyes has a browser? Or is that just for iOS.
My Thread:The Road To Being Honest With Myself (and others:)

My other Thread: My Daily Inspiration

I'm not a slow learner, I'm just quick to forget" - Eli Nash

A bit of honesty and less over confidence might help me - Imperfection

Re: iPhone Upgrade 15 Nov 2018 03:22 #337259

• gevura shebyesod
  • Current streak: 1193 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi RMartin, I have pretty much the same setup as you. i also have safari disabled by restrictions (and i know how to break the password for that in a couple of minutes if I wanted to) and I use the K9 browser. It only filters the basic stuff and it's not configurable but it does the job. 

In truth I don't see that filters alone is a long-term solution for anyone with a problem. there's always a way around them. Personally, I can get around most filters pretty easily, and I have daily access to dozens of computers which I control the filters for. And in any case my original and primary problem was never the computer anyway, it's the real-life people i am attracted to and fantasize over, and there's no filter for that. 

Filtering is important, if only to prevent stuff from being seen by mistake, and to give you a bit of time to catch yourself and rethink what you're doing while you work to get around it. But real and lasting change has to come from within.
!אנא עבדא דקודשא בריך הוא

וּבְיָדְךָ כֹּחַ וּגְבוּרָה וּבְיָדְךָ לְגַדֵּל וּלְחַזֵּק לַכֹּל

"If it would be so easy there wouldn't be a GYE, but if it would be impossible there also wouldn't be a GYE."
"Sometimes a hard decision leads to an easier outcome."
- General Grant

My story: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/111583-hello-my-friends
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.41 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes