Welcome, Guest

Special trick that I've learned over 10 years
(0 viewing) 
If you've made progress - thank G-d, double your merit by inspiring others as well! Post the tips and advice that worked best for you in your journey to sobriety or tell us about recommendations you heard from others that work.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Special trick that I've learned over 10 years 1291 Views

Special trick that I've learned over 10 years 30 Oct 2018 01:43 #336816

• gamerJew
  • Current streak: 3 days
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi,
I find posting here difficult personally but I hope to share a strategy that has helped me. 

It's simple. All these years I have acted out online, I have even blocked myself off from whatever site it was (using a blacklist), and I will always find a new site. I have tried to just not use the computer but that isn't sustainable for me.

My new idea is: instead of blocking off one site at a time, I block all sites to myself (bli neder! etc etc) and add categories of sites one by one. Buying and selling sites, my industry related sites, email, music sites, etc etc. I currently keep this list editable, and I consider it not in use if there is someone else in the room or I am in public or something. I pretty much become a lawyer when it comes to this totally unofficial agreement lol. 

For me this makes it much much more difficult to find a new site like I used to.

I hope this helps someone else. I have only totally acted out once in 8 months or so and I am really proud of that. I'm just a person, ya know?

Re: Special trick that I've learned over 10 years 30 Oct 2018 01:48 #336817

• 360gye
  • Current streak: 760 days
  • Gold Boarder
That's a very interesting method. It's thinking out of the box, which is why GYE is great. You have so many different people with different perspectives.

Re: Special trick that I've learned over 10 years 30 Oct 2018 01:48 #336818

• mzl
  • Current streak: 28 days
  • Platinum Boarder
gamerJew wrote on 30 Oct 2018 01:43:
Hi,
I find posting here difficult personally but I hope to share a strategy that has helped me. 

It's simple. All these years I have acted out online, I have even blocked myself off from whatever site it was (using a blacklist), and I will always find a new site. I have tried to just not use the computer but that isn't sustainable for me.

My new idea is: instead of blocking off one site at a time, I block all sites to myself (bli neder! etc etc) and add categories of sites one by one. Buying and selling sites, my industry related sites, email, music sites, etc etc. I currently keep this list editable, and I consider it not in use if there is someone else in the room or I am in public or something. I pretty much become a lawyer when it comes to this totally unofficial agreement lol. 

For me this makes it much much more difficult to find a new site like I used to.

I hope this helps someone else. I have only totally acted out once in 8 months or so and I am really proud of that. I'm just a person, ya know?

neat

Re: Special trick that I've learned over 10 years 30 Oct 2018 02:10 #336819

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
gamerJew wrote on 09 Jul 2013 17:41:
wow guys you're all awesome! i'm running late for work but i'll try to get back to this thread hopefully this evening! thank you all so much for your support!

Long day it's been...
Nice to see you back

Thanks for the update
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.42 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes