Welcome, Guest

Help The Newcomers
(0 viewing) 
If you've made progress - thank G-d, double your merit by inspiring others as well! Post the tips and advice that worked best for you in your journey to sobriety or tell us about recommendations you heard from others that work.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Help The Newcomers 2176 Views

Help The Newcomers 18 Apr 2018 11:25 #329921

• Hashem Help Me
  • Current streak: 2845 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Many people join GYE and submit an initial post or two, but then they vanish. There could be varying reasons for why this happens. Maybe the initial excitement wore off. Maybe the individual fell and gave up. Or maybe our new friend just does not know what to do next. He may not be a writer/not know what to write to keep his thread alive. Does anyone have advice how we can rectify this? People obviously want to be helped and if we can connect, there are many great fellows on the site who can truly help. Please post suggestions. "Kol ha'mezakeh es ha'rabim, ein chet ba al yado".
Feel free to contact me at michelgelner@gmail.com

My threads: Lessons Learned: guardyoureyes.com/forum/20-Important-Threads/335248-Lessons-Learned

My Story and G-d Bless GYE: guardyoureyes.com/forum/17-Balei-Battims-Forum/303036-My-story-and-G-d-bless-GYE

Re: Help The Newcomers 18 Apr 2018 12:56 #329922

• cordnoy
Hashem Help Me wrote on 18 Apr 2018 11:25:
Many people join GYE and submit an initial post or two, but then they vanish. There could be varying reasons for why this happens. Maybe the initial excitement wore off. Maybe the individual fell and gave up. Or maybe our new friend just does not know what to do next. He may not be a writer/not know what to write to keep his thread alive. Does anyone have advice how we can rectify this? People obviously want to be helped and if we can connect, there are many great fellows on the site who can truly help. Please post suggestions. "Kol ha'mezakeh es ha'rabim, ein chet ba al yado".

Feedback from the newbies.
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Help The Newcomers 18 Apr 2018 13:04 #329923

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
I'm not sure if this is related, but is important to keep in mind because I relate to skeps words here

The following are Skeps words and the quote button isn't working. He wrote here

guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/289552#289666

If someone were to try to cajole me into calling them when I first joined GYE, I probably would have left.

Had someone tried to push me to write my story and post it on the forum, I wouldn't have listened.

But that's just me.

My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story
Last Edit: 18 Apr 2018 13:08 by Markz.

Re: Help The Newcomers 18 Apr 2018 18:29 #329943

• lionking
  • Platinum Boarder
HHM, you raise some valid points. They might all be right, and perhaps there is other reasons as well. There has been some who left, since they cut off all internet access.
Cordnoy asked for newbies to provide feedback. I don't consider myself a newbie. I definitely identify with Skep (quoted by Markz). You got to let people become ready to be helped.
Perhaps the administrators can send a exit poll email to anyone who hasn't posted in 30 days? We might get some feedback.
My email address is: growinghigher613@gmail.com

Re: Help The Newcomers 19 Apr 2018 00:13 #329956

• grateful4life
  • Current streak: 1300 days
  • Administrator
lionking wrote on 18 Apr 2018 18:29:
HHM, you raise some valid points. They might all be right, and perhaps there is other reasons as well. There has been some who left, since they cut off all internet access.
Cordnoy asked for newbies to provide feedback. I don't consider myself a newbie. I definitely identify with Skep (quoted by Markz). You got to let people become ready to be helped.
Perhaps the administrators can send a exit poll email to anyone who hasn't posted in 30 days? We might get some feedback.

You definitely can't help someone who is not ready to help himself but I would suggest that GYE keep track and have some "regular members" (with a clean history of 1 year min.) reach out and send them a PM to try and encourage them to return. ESH is the best inspiration. Just my $.02
Last Edit: 19 Apr 2018 00:23 by grateful4life.

Re: Help The Newcomers 19 Apr 2018 03:30 #329976

• i-man
  • Current streak: 1 day
  • Platinum Boarder
Another possible cause might be what initially happened to me - you discover this great website with all kinds of usefull tools and support in this fight youve been struggling with for so long , suddenly the prospect of ending it once and for all becomes a reality ,youre on a high ,and than ... you get smashed against the rocks ...
now you either give it up right away, or after a few times you think ,hey maybe this aint gonna help me after all oh well(not realizing that Ha gufa this is the best time to get MORE involved with the website)
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.45 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes