Welcome, Guest

Some tips on Guarding the Eyes
(0 viewing) 
If you've made progress - thank G-d, double your merit by inspiring others as well! Post the tips and advice that worked best for you in your journey to sobriety or tell us about recommendations you heard from others that work.
  • Page:

TOPIC: Some tips on Guarding the Eyes 2273 Views

Some tips on Guarding the Eyes 21 Sep 2015 16:15 #264323

Some points on Guarding the Eyes from Holy Nation and Windows of the Soul

1 The main instigator of sexual temptation is the eyes .
2. Sexual lost can only be kept away by avoiding provocative sights and thoughts
3. Even if you have reached a high spiritual level can stumble suddenly from not guarding the eyes .
4. Guarding the eyes is necessary to master one's sexuality and to be able to cope with all the immorality is one exposed to.
5 If you talk with yourself sincerely you will have to agree it is an important thing to do.
6 Don't think you can do whatever you want, that it will have no repercussions, and no one will ever find out.
7 Practice walking with lowered eyes, looking a few yards ahead of you. Look slightly downwards without appearing strange.
8. It is helpful to keep a log of how one is doing and fill it out it daily. This way you have a control over your weak points and you can strengthen them. For example Guarding eyes while walking-7. 5, Speech-8.1, Guarding eyes at work-7.2, Internet-6.7
9. Be careful and plan ahead when you expect challenges.
10. Guarding your eyes enables you to treat women with respect.
11. Enjoy looking at what is permissible, healthy, and inspiring . Gaze at things like flowers, sunsets, mountains, lakes.
12. Don't rationalize or excuse this behavior, it never leads to any good.
13. G-d thinks highly of people who fight this difficult war.
14. The mitzvah of tzitzit is a protectection for the eyes . Wear tzittzit and join thousands who have this awareness .
15. Guard your eyes with with joy and gladness in your heart. Enjoy it and embrace it. Make this habit the new you and you will never regret it.
16. Study Torah daily, particularly about this subject . This keeps the mind focused and above things.
L'shana tova tikatevu
Last Edit: 21 Sep 2015 16:17 by anonymous_14.

Re: Some tips on Guarding the Eyes 21 Sep 2015 16:26 #264326

• newbeginning
  • Current streak: 1954 days
  • Senior Boarder
Some good tips! Thanks
If you are short sighted than it can sometimes help just to take off your glasses whilst your walking as this will ensure that you only focus your eyes nearby as you cannot see far away!
What I may start to do is draw many lines on a piece of paper to create 100s of little squares, and then make a note of each time I guard my eyes and each time I don't.
For every time you guard your eyes, colour a square green and if you don't colour it red.

It's a huge confidence booster when you see a majority green piece of paper and you can also reward yourself if for example 3/4 of the sheet is green. It seems like a great way to mark and follow your progress.

Eli

Re: Some tips on Guarding the Eyes 21 Sep 2015 16:42 #264328

• waydown
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks great tips.

I am not sure that they all work so well with an addict though.

Also I have found that going overboard and staring at the floor otr taking off ones glasses while walking may be counter intutive. When I become too farchniuked I go the other extreme. I am skeptical about accepting extra chumras that main stream judiasm doesn't do.

Re: Some tips on Guarding the Eyes 21 Sep 2015 18:10 #264346

• cordnoy
waydown wrote:
Thanks great tips.

I am not sure that they all work so well with an addict though.

Also I have found that going overboard and staring at the floor otr taking off ones glasses while walking may be counter intutive. When I become too farchniuked I go the other extreme. I am skeptical about accepting extra chumras that main stream judiasm doesn't do.

farchniuked is the first word you actually spelled correctly!!
Love it.....and you!
My email: thenewme613@hotmail.com
My threads: Mikvah Night - Page 1Page 2Page 3Last Page

https://guardyoureyes.com/forum/1-Break-Free/210029-Tryin
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
My job: Punchin' bag of GYE - "NeshamaInCharge"
Quote from the chevra: "Is Cordnoy truly a Treasure Island pirate from the Southern Seas?"

MY POSTS ARE NOT WRITTEN AS A MODERATOR UNLESS EXPLICITLY STATED.

Re: Some tips on Guarding the Eyes 01 Oct 2015 00:41 #264914

• Markz
  • Platinum Boarder
serenity wrote:
Many of us have discovered the main problem is with us and not the women in the street or other external influences. Click on the links and follow the suggestions. Hatzlacha!
My Story---------Dov Quotes

FREE LUST TRUCK TOWING
Click HERE to checkout;
100 Day Success Stories: cordnoy, Dov, Gevura and more...
• Awesome Threads Saved for You
• Cast Your Vote

GYE Plenty Solutions
➣ The Mark of Torah - Lust Chizuk

➣ Nice Trucking Story
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.43 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes