Welcome, Guest

trying to stay pure
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!
  • Page:

TOPIC: trying to stay pure 460 Views

Re: trying to stay pure 04 Aug 2024 09:23 #418405

• frank.lee
  • Current streak: 345 days
  • Platinum Boarder
It should be, I don't know for sure check your local seforim store which has English books.

Re: trying to stay pure 04 Aug 2024 11:06 #418409

• BenHashemBH
  • Platinum Boarder
This was asked before. If needed, we should follow up and see if we can get a case shipped to EY.
Every challenge is an opportunity. Every stumbling block is also a steppingstone. Keep climbing.
Today is yesterday's tomorrow.
"In the place where the penitents stand, the perfectly righteous cannot stand." -Berachos 34b
The yetzarim a person has the most trouble dealing with are his most powerful God-given tools for developing his potential and achieving shleimus.
In order to love who you are, you cannot hate the experiences that shaped you.
It doesn't matter how big the number is, only that today it is going up by one.

A little about what I'm doing here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/412971-I-Want-to-Help-Others

Re: trying to stay pure 17 Aug 2024 22:56 #419317

Hey there, Gut voch.
On friday I noticed that my PM option disappeared, does anyone have experience with this? 

Re: trying to stay pure 18 Aug 2024 00:05 #419319

• Muttel
  • Current streak: 115 days
  • Gold Boarder
That’s strange. Maybe ask the site administrator?
:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
We're in this struggle together; feel free to reach out! 
Muttel15@gmail.com

Feel free to call! (908) 251-9590 (google)

Check out my thread here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/413043-My-ENTIRE-story#413043
Last Edit: 18 Aug 2024 00:05 by Muttel.

Re: trying to stay pure 18 Aug 2024 00:19 #419321

Re: trying to stay pure 18 Aug 2024 18:14 #419347

• chosemyshem
  • Platinum Boarder
Muttel wrote on 18 Aug 2024 00:05:
That’s strange. Maybe ask the site administrator?

My chat option disappared too, but I assumed it was the revenge of the moderators for my stimulation thread

Re: trying to stay pure 18 Aug 2024 19:06 #419352

Chat has been weird for me for a while now...it doesn't show, and when it shows, nothing loads. I can still access it through the "open chat" link in the community tab though, and apparently I still show as available because people write me.

Re: trying to stay pure 18 Aug 2024 21:02 #419359

• Muttel
  • Current streak: 115 days
  • Gold Boarder
Same here actually 
We're in this struggle together; feel free to reach out! 
Muttel15@gmail.com

Feel free to call! (908) 251-9590 (google)

Check out my thread here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/413043-My-ENTIRE-story#413043

Re: trying to stay pure 23 Aug 2024 07:43 #419960

stopsurvivingstartliving wrote on 17 Aug 2024 22:56:
Hey there, Gut voch.
On friday I noticed that my PM option disappeared, does anyone have experience with this? 

Baruch Hashem my PM's started working again.

Re: trying to stay pure 31 Aug 2024 20:19 #420457

I understand GYE forum is for kedusha related problems. But since I have no where else to do this I will do it here.
Right now I am burned out of learning and I don't know what to do going into a new zman and moving forward in life.
I grew up in a regular yeshivishe home where the basic is to learn until I get married and then learn a nice amount in kollel. That is what is expected of me. Therefore dropping everything and going to work is not that simple.I am a pretty smart guy and therefore school went well. Got good marks generally. Then came mesivta where I was motivated to learn and I did a pretty good job. Moving onto beis medrash I had some mental struggles which were very painful but bh I took care of it. But then based off the more intense learning as we get older I had a very hard time. I was always self doubting myself if I know what I am doing or not which made the learning a whole lot harder. On top of that some more mental stuff kicked in and made it very hard for me.
I went to Israel hoping for a new start and without much of a plan why things should be different, nothing changed.
So here I am in Israel burnt crisp and not knowing what to do.
So you ask why don't I feel good that in the p and m area I am doing quite well? It's because moving on in life I am pretty lost.
I personally don't see any light at the end of the tunnel moving forward. But as I learned in the past there are big and smart people on this forum that can help.
Waiting to hear from you!

Sincerely,
Someone who wants to stopsurviving and startliving!

Re: trying to stay pure 31 Aug 2024 23:38 #420460

• ezraw
  • Junior Boarder
WOW! I can really relate to you!
This past zman, I got so burnt out that I couldn't even bring myself to open a gemara!
I love learning, but I just kept pushing and pushing until I couldn't any more.
But I discovered that If I took something easier, something that I enjoyed learning and didn't have to push myself to learn, something that I didn't have to do it because that is what is expected of me, and did that in my spare time, It started making all my learning in all areas much more enjoyable!
I personally started doing the Daf Leyom mishnayos, it's a single sefer that has all the shishei sidrei mishna with an explanative translation in English (there is also a Hebrew version, but I don't read Hebrew so well).
I did more then a Daf a day (as they suggest) and finished 3 sedarim in about three months!
It's easy, I feel accomplished, and I enjoy it. And I found that I was automatically learning more in my spare time without even trying!!!
So for what it's worth, my advice is to find something easy and enjoyable to learn, and you will most likely start to notice a change in you learning within a very short amount of time.
(in fact, it was so successful with me, that my rebbeim started pushing the other boys in my yeshiva to try it even though many of them have no problem learning gemara. But there where so many other benefits that they even permitted the boys who decided to do it to take short breaks during seder to learn whatever it was that they chose)
Wishing you all the best, and you should continue to be matzliach in everything that you do.
Feel free to contact me privately with any questions or comments here on the GYE private messages or at ezrawrecovery@gmail.com 
Looking forward to hearing from you!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.53 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes