Welcome, Guest

Raboisai - I'm Living Real!
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: Raboisai - I'm Living Real! 7739 Views

Re: Raboisai - I'm Living Real! 22 Aug 2024 15:04 #419711

• minhamayim
  • Current streak: 73 days
  • Senior Boarder
chaimoigen wrote on 22 Aug 2024 02:24:

minhamayim wrote on 22 Aug 2024 00:00:

And- Chaimoigen well I figured that either he'd be wearing a mask anyway or he'd arrive huffing and puffing well after everyone had left. So I didn't try. 

MinHamayim

It was great meeting you. But I think we need to get to know each other better ‘cause neither of the above are my style at all…

KOMT

OK,  I admit the huffing and puffing I added for effect. But the other stuff, it was all carefully gathered intelligence.
Last Edit: 22 Aug 2024 15:04 by minhamayim.

Re: Raboisai - I'm Living Real! 22 Aug 2024 15:22 #419716

• Heeling
  • Platinum Boarder
chaimoigen wrote on 22 Aug 2024 03:28:

Love you all!

Any patent attorney's in the house? I've got a trademark on this for almost 3 years!
You can win the fight, but I'll have to live with the loser.

Any excuse you use for yourself, you must be willing to use for your wife.

Not Always can I understand others, but I can always respect their wishes.

You're human, it's okay.

One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.

Re: Raboisai - I'm Living Real! 22 Aug 2024 15:25 #419718

• Heeling
  • Platinum Boarder

Heeling was obvious for obvious reasons. (he also happens to look like a heeling)

A Chasid in a litvish shul can do whatever the hell he wants.....after all he is a CHASID!
You can win the fight, but I'll have to live with the loser.

Any excuse you use for yourself, you must be willing to use for your wife.

Not Always can I understand others, but I can always respect their wishes.

You're human, it's okay.

One half of the world cannot understand the pleasures of the other.

Re: Raboisai - I'm Living Real! 22 Aug 2024 16:15 #419728

• minhamayim
  • Senior Boarder
Heeling wrote on 22 Aug 2024 15:25:

Heeling was obvious for obvious reasons. (he also happens to look like a heeling)

A Chasid in a litvish shul can do whatever the hell he wants.....after all he is a CHASID!

:pinch: Warning: Spoiler!
Last Edit: 22 Aug 2024 16:17 by minhamayim.

Re: Raboisai - I'm Living Real! 22 Aug 2024 16:41 #419732

• 138eagle
  • Current streak: 203 days
  • Expert Boarder
chosemyshem wrote on 21 Aug 2024 18:28:

chaimoigen wrote on 21 Aug 2024 18:19:
There’s a big lesson here, and I’m still digesting it, (along with that whole wheat bagel- ugh. IWLR, you owe me a sandwich!). 

Shoot!

Eerie I feel betrayed. How could you not partake of such a chashuve seudas mitzva??

There goes the gift card. Redfaced I think you owe Eagle138 some booty.

Red, please package it nicely and I will come pick it up.
Come fly with me as I fly higher!
My Story

Feel free to reach out to me.
138.124.eagle@gmail.com

Re: Raboisai - I'm Living Real! 23 Aug 2024 02:43 #419862

• eerie
  • Current streak: 766 days
  • Platinum Boarder
chaimoigen wrote on 22 Aug 2024 03:28:

So I guess my point is - if someone on the forum is uncomfortable with meeting others that’s ok. I don’t think people should feel that they have to be ready for such meetings to “buy in”. One step at a time.

These relationships are beyond precious, and hold within them hope and much more. But they can start on forums, proceed to pm and email, and then when and if youre ready, a call. Then maybe take it to the next level. Each is a powerful tool for recovery. Step by step, what works for you. 

Love you all!

Reb CO, I loved every word! 
I surely hope that nobody thinks they need to be ready to hang out with 10 friends in order to beat this YH. No, nobody does. And there's no reason to think so. 
On the other hand, I totally understand that for some people talking etc. is really hard. Believe it or not, it was once very hard for me too. There are all types of personalities. I know. But, at the end of the day, friendships are essential to true freedom. Yes, at your pace. Post. PM. Email. Maybe even stop there, if you can create a real friendship like that. But for the vast majority of people, getting past the toxic secrecy, and creating real, deep friendships, this is the way out of hell.
My dear friend YKW, nobody needs 10 friends to get out of this garbage, and maybe even one is enough. I suggest to most people to make 3-4 friends, and talk to one of them once a week. I don't think more is necessary. Those who want more, nu, let them enjoy themselves. 

BUT, I have my own point to make, which I hope the oilam will still listen to. 
Reb CO, you so well pointed out that these friendships are sacred. And the privacy of every person any one of talks to is super sacred. I just have this fear that now that we met en masse, and watched CO choke on his bagel, and shmoozed around until the pallets were delivered, figuring out if vaping is safer than smoking, debating if hugging will get our picture in the Lakewood Scoop under the crime section, there may be a feeling that talking about one guy's issues with others is ok, for we have all met together. Rabbosai, I'll be the first to say that I was on cloud 9 from the whole event. I just hope this old man didn't get IWLR in trouble. And I'll be the first to say that I need to be extra careful that what people share with me is between myself and that person, and just because we share super close friends who discuss seriously super crazy private things, that doesn't allow for any leeway on the privacy. It might be a little hard, but privacy is sacred.
Feel free to say hi. My email is 1gimpelovitz@gmail.com

Re: Raboisai - I'm Living Real! 23 Aug 2024 02:57 #419870

• eerie
  • Current streak: 766 days
  • Platinum Boarder
I would add, BH IWLR says he didn't get into too much trouble from our coming. In the future we must be MUCH more careful. If it ever happens that a few guys come to an event, figure out before hand where we'll be meeting. We can enjoy the meeting and all it offers, and still keep all parties involved safe. It's really not a joking matter, for many of us, including myself, have wives that (at least officially) know nothing of our membership here. And it can be devastating for them to find out. 
We made a mistake. And we should never repeat it. We must be more careful.
Loads of love, dearest friends!
Feel free to say hi. My email is 1gimpelovitz@gmail.com

Re: Raboisai - I'm Living Real! 23 Aug 2024 03:01 #419872

• redfaced
  • Current streak: 517 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Bah. Whats life without taking some risks, Throw caution to the wind. 

BBQ at YKW's place sunday night. send PMs to anyone Yiftach to reserve
May you slide down the banister of happiness and get many splinters of success up your career

Feel free to send me an owl, a howler, or even a Crumple-Horned Snorkack to Iamredfaced@gmail.com

The Red Face

Re: Raboisai - I'm Living Real! 23 Aug 2024 03:04 #419874

• youknowwho
  • Platinum Boarder
redfaced wrote on 23 Aug 2024 03:01:

You’re all welcome to come on over. 

I’m serving leftover scraps from some previous victims. Glatt Kosher, no worries. 

Re: Raboisai - I'm Living Real! 23 Aug 2024 03:42 #419887

• yiftach
  • Current streak: 281 days
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder

No need to PM anyone specific....
Looking forward to get to know you better! 

Email me @ yiftach1609@gmail.com or call/text 347-201-4989 (Google voice)

My story is unfolding here
"יפתח ה' לך את אוצרו הטוב"

Re: Raboisai - I'm Living Real! 23 Aug 2024 04:35 #419920

• vehkam
  • Current streak: 1019 days
  • Platinum Boarder
eerie wrote on 23 Aug 2024 02:57:
I would add, BH IWLR says he didn't get into too much trouble from our coming. In the future we must be MUCH more careful. If it ever happens that a few guys come to an event, figure out before hand where we'll be meeting. We can enjoy the meeting and all it offers, and still keep all parties involved safe. It's really not a joking matter, for many of us, including myself, have wives that (at least officially) know nothing of our membership here. And it can be devastating for them to find out. 
We made a mistake. And we should never repeat it. We must be more careful.
Loads of love, dearest friends!

I know one safe place…. Too bad it didn’t work out this time.
vehkam7@gmail.com

guardyoureyes.com/forum/4-On-the-Way-to-90-Days/375452-Work-in-progress

The Battle of the Generation by Hillel S. has been a huge help for me.  Message me to find out how you can receive a free copy.

some of the experiences I write about may make it easier to identify me.  This is ok.  I trust that if anyone discovers my identity they will keep it to themselves.  If you do realize that you  know me, I am completely comfortable and welcome you acknowledging me and my struggle in person.
Last Edit: 23 Aug 2024 04:35 by vehkam.

Re: Raboisai - I'm Living Real! 23 Aug 2024 12:20 #419964

• redfaced
  • Current streak: 517 days
  • Platinum Boarder
yiftach wrote on 23 Aug 2024 03:42:

No need to PM anyone specific....

Exactly what I had in mind by crossing out anyone.....
May you slide down the banister of happiness and get many splinters of success up your career

Feel free to send me an owl, a howler, or even a Crumple-Horned Snorkack to Iamredfaced@gmail.com

The Red Face

Re: Raboisai - I'm Living Real! 23 Aug 2024 13:40 #419973

• chosemyshem
  • Platinum Boarder
eerie wrote on 23 Aug 2024 02:43:

And I'll be the first to say that I need to be extra careful that what people share with me is between myself and that person, and just because we share super close friends who discuss seriously super crazy private things, that doesn't allow for any leeway on the privacy. It might be a little hard, but privacy is sacred.

Preach it!

I feel like people have casually mentioned in conversation part of a conversation they've had with someone else (not as gossip - something they said and the other person's response or something like that) and I don't know that the other person would want that. At the end of the day, there's a lot of deep personal stuff we share in casual conversation around here and it's all too easy to treat it as casual conversation.

Same goes for identifying information. People have the right to control whom they share their identity or identifying information with and it's not right to share that identifying information with others.

When in doubt, stay quiet.

Re: Raboisai - I'm Living Real! 23 Aug 2024 13:52 #419977

• 138eagle
  • Current streak: 203 days
  • Expert Boarder
chosemyshem wrote on 23 Aug 2024 13:40:

eerie wrote on 23 Aug 2024 02:43:

And I'll be the first to say that I need to be extra careful that what people share with me is between myself and that person, and just because we share super close friends who discuss seriously super crazy private things, that doesn't allow for any leeway on the privacy. It might be a little hard, but privacy is sacred.

Preach it!

I feel like people have casually mentioned in conversation part of a conversation they've had with someone else (not as gossip - something they said and the other person's response or something like that) and I don't know that the other person would want that. At the end of the day, there's a lot of deep personal stuff we share in casual conversation around here and it's all too easy to treat it as casual conversation.

Same goes for identifying information. People have the right to control whom they share their identity or identifying information with and it's not right to share that identifying information with others.

When in doubt, stay quiet.

I have found the same. It would be good to be extra careful about what we share with each other.
Be careful not to share too much about yourself and what you are going through in all areas of your life. You may come to regret it down the road.  Of course be careful to not share with anyone else what someone else is going through. They may want to share only with you. And be super careful of sharing any identifying details about yourself and about someone else.
The friends I have made here in the past few shorts weeks are real friends from the inside out, but there is still room for caution.
Come fly with me as I fly higher!
My Story

Feel free to reach out to me.
138.124.eagle@gmail.com

Re: Raboisai - I'm Living Real! 23 Aug 2024 14:10 #419982

• yiftach
  • Current streak: 281 days
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Gold Boarder
Maskim to every word!

But please! Can we get back on with the party!!!
Looking forward to get to know you better! 

Email me @ yiftach1609@gmail.com or call/text 347-201-4989 (Google voice)

My story is unfolding here
"יפתח ה' לך את אוצרו הטוב"
Last Edit: 23 Aug 2024 14:26 by yiftach.
Time to create page: 0.70 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes