Welcome, Guest

It's all in the name
(0 viewing) 
Welcome to our forum! Introduce yourself here (anonymously, of course) and get a warm welcome from the rest of the community!

TOPIC: It's all in the name 18355 Views

Re: It's all in the name 04 Jul 2024 17:57 #416418

• eerie
  • Current streak: 720 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey, everybody! Get into your seats, quick! Quiet down! Cordnoy's been spotted.....
Feel free to say hi. My email is 1gimpelovitz@gmail.com
Last Edit: 04 Jul 2024 17:57 by eerie.

Re: It's all in the name 04 Jul 2024 18:45 #416424

• m111
  • Senior Boarder
I want to add one point to this discussion.
The more we feel less Yetzer Hara and more natural, practically speaking, having no emotion attached, but just talking about it like you talk about your hand or foot, the more natural and comfortable it will go over to our sons.
We can then even talk about it nonchalantly, and don't have to have an official "talk" which if very helpful (in my opinion) to prevent them having fantasies after the talk.

(If you are familiar with Rabbi Manis Freidman's shiurim on relations, you can better understand where I'm coming from.)
When 2 yidden get together, it is two nefesh elokis (godly souls) against one nefesh hebehamis (animal soul)
Feel free to private message me.

Re: It's all in the name 22 Jul 2024 17:55 #417528

• proudyungerman
  • Current streak: 234 days
  • Gold Boarder
Is today what I think it really it is????

To my dearest Rebbi/friend...
Mazel tov on 700!!
Words are not coming now,
!!אבל מעומקא דלבי הנני נותן לפניך ברכת הדיוט שיזכה להמשיך עבודתך הקודש מתוך בריות גופא וקדושה וטהרה אמיתית

Re: It's all in the name 22 Jul 2024 18:47 #417533

• Muttel
  • Current streak: 100 days
  • Gold Boarder
Wow wow wow.....

I second the motion!!!!!!!!!

Muttel
We're in this struggle together; feel free to reach out! 
Muttel15@gmail.com

Feel free to call! (908) 251-9590 (google)

Check out my thread here: guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/413043-My-ENTIRE-story#413043

Re: It's all in the name 22 Jul 2024 18:53 #417536

• chaimoigen
  • Current streak: 458 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Muttel wrote on 22 Jul 2024 18:47:
Wow wow wow.....

I second the motion!!!!!!!!!

Muttel

“And weave a circle round him thrice
for he on honeydew hath fed
and drunk the milk of paradise!! “

אמן ואמן ואמן 
כה יתן ה וכה יוסיף לך טהרה וברכה וכח להמשיך עבודתך הקדושה ולזכות את הרבים במיטב יכלתך ואש הקדושה הבוערת בלבך הטהור
ק.א.מ.ט.!!! 

באהבה רבה 

מאן דבעי חיים
Please feel free to reach out anytime at chaim.oigen@gmail.com

Re: It's all in the name 22 Jul 2024 19:38 #417539

• chosemyshem
  • Platinum Boarder
chaimoigen wrote on 22 Jul 2024 18:53:

“And weave a circle round him thrice
for he on honeydew hath fed
and drunk the milk of paradise!! “

Let's just stay out of the pleasure domes though.

R' Eerie mazal tov on the big 700! May you be zocheh to many more days of strength and to change the world keep on helping struggling chaverim.

Re: It's all in the name 22 Jul 2024 19:52 #417541

• iwannalivereal
  • Current streak: 342 days
  • Expert Boarder
Wow 700 days!

Thanks for all you've given me and the rest of the gang!

L'chaim!
Feel free to say hi! iwannalivereal@gmail.com
Check out my story here!

Re: It's all in the name 22 Jul 2024 20:38 #417546

• eerie
  • Platinum Boarder
Hey, PY, you're not the only one with words failing you. I have no words to thank Hashem for the unbelievable kindness He has bestowed upon me, giving me a chance to right some of the wrongs, to fix some of the terrible things I had done. I know that I don't deserve this kindness. It's only because Hashem loves every one of His precious children, and I am blessed to be one of them, that I was zoche to this present. And the unbelievable present of the FRIENDSHIPS I have gained here, it's really unbelievable! All of you special people, life is so much more meaningful having all of you at my side.
Dearest friends, Keep up the good fight, and keep on trucking!

Re: It's all in the name 22 Jul 2024 21:44 #417550

• yiftach
  • Current streak: 240 days
  • Gold Boarder
Dear coach, guide, friend, chief mechazek, ally, buddy and confidant EERIE! 

MAZAL TOV ON 700!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Looking forward to get to know you better! 

Email me @ yiftach1609@gmail.com or call/text 347-201-4989 (Google voice)

My story is unfolding here
"יפתח ה' לך את אוצרו הטוב"

Re: It's all in the name 22 Jul 2024 22:42 #417552

• frank.lee
  • Current streak: 333 days
  • Platinum Boarder
Mazal tov!!! Kinas sofrim! There is a lot of work behind the number!
Keep instructing and inspiring us all!

Re: It's all in the name 22 Jul 2024 23:34 #417558

• amevakesh
  • Current streak: 389 days
  • Gold Boarder
To my Rebbi, Chaver, and everyone's best friend. There is little I can add to the chorus of best wishes. You are the הארץ of these forums. You care for us, and carry as all. Mazel Tov! דער זכות הרבים זאל דיר ביי שטיין

באהבה רבה
מבקש

Re: It's all in the name 09 Aug 2024 21:14 #418836

• eerie
  • Platinum Boarder
Hi there, dearest friends in the world!!!
I meant to come post this about two weeks ago or so, but been super crazy busy. I mean, I logged in and there were new posts on 22 threads in the 'introduce yourself' section, Eerie, where have you been?!
Anyway, yes, BH I'm past 700 days. But two weeks ago I had a rough week. Had some sexual dreams. And then stam urges, desires, YHs. BH I know that all that is normal, and the more relaxed I'll stay about it all, the easier it'll be. I didn't panic, remembering that all that matters is my choices. All that is true, but after a few days it started to really get to me. I still told myself I don't need anybody's help, I mean, I am superman, you know. Of course, deep down the YH was telling me, "what, you'll call someone here and embarrass yourself?" Of course I know that that's total hogwash (at best), but my ego still got in the way. So I pushed another day or two. And then I called my dear friend Mevakesh. And I told him what was going on inside of me. And all I got was respect.
And I admitted to him that I'm not superman. And I don't need to be. I'm just plain ol' Eerie, I am a healthy male with desires, and I have a YH. And I need friends to help get through tougher patches. And I'm blessed to have them 

Talking it through really helped me get past it. So, thank you mevakesh!!!! And to all the friends that I could have called

Thank you dearest friends for all you do for me! There ain't no place like GYE!
Last Edit: 09 Aug 2024 21:14 by eerie.

Re: It's all in the name 09 Aug 2024 22:51 #418845

• yiftach
  • Current streak: 240 days
  • Gold Boarder
eerie wrote on 09 Aug 2024 21:14:
Hi there, dearest friends in the world!!!
I meant to come post this about two weeks ago or so, but been super crazy busy. I mean, I logged in and there were new posts on 22 threads in the 'introduce yourself' section, Eerie, where have you been?!
Anyway, yes, BH I'm past 700 days. But two weeks ago I had a rough week. Had some sexual dreams. And then stam urges, desires, YHs. BH I know that all that is normal, and the more relaxed I'll stay about it all, the easier it'll be. I didn't panic, remembering that all that matters is my choices. All that is true, but after a few days it started to really get to me. I still told myself I don't need anybody's help, I mean, I am superman, you know. Of course, deep down the YH was telling me, "what, you'll call someone here and embarrass yourself?" Of course I know that that's total hogwash (at best), but my ego still got in the way. So I pushed another day or two. And then I called my dear friend Mevakesh. And I told him what was going on inside of me. And all I got was respect.
And I admitted to him that I'm not superman. And I don't need to be. I'm just plain ol' Eerie, I am a healthy male with desires, and I have a YH. And I need friends to help get through tougher patches. And I'm blessed to have them 

Talking it through really helped me get past it. So, thank you mevakesh!!!! And to all the friends that I could have called

Thank you dearest friends for all you do for me! There ain't no place like GYE!

@eerie, you're irreplaceable! The site wasn't the same without you. Thanks for the return! 

I don't think anyone here would look down at someone experiencing an urge or two... You have our upmost respect regardless! Aderaba, it inspires other so much more to know that such wonderful people also go thru it... And overcome the challenge! 

Keep on being  the watchtower that you are! 

Your friend who can't wait for dat hug,

Yiftach'l 
Looking forward to get to know you better! 

Email me @ yiftach1609@gmail.com or call/text 347-201-4989 (Google voice)

My story is unfolding here
"יפתח ה' לך את אוצרו הטוב"

Re: It's all in the name 11 Aug 2024 19:31 #418907

• amevakesh
  • Current streak: 389 days
  • Gold Boarder
Hard not to respect a real superman. What the world depicts as superman should really be called superangel - someone who is above all desires. A real superman, has desires, wants, and needs, but he does what it takes to deal with them correctly, even if it entails humbling himself before someone smaller than him. As R’ Yiftach mentioned somewhere on a different thread, making yourself vulnerable is a sign of strength. Only someone with a healthy dose of self confidence has what it takes to admit that there are forces that G-d created that are stronger then a human being can deal with on his own. 

A sobering, somewhat frightful thought. I often enjoy scrolling through the wall of honor, taking note of what place I’m in, where my friend are at, noticing when people make it on to the wall. A few months ago when I was well over 250 days clean, I noticed that there about 10 people between myself and Reb CO, another 5 between him and Reb Redfaced. We’re talking about people who were clean for the better part of a year. I look back at the wall recently and I noticed that Reb CO is only 2 ahead of me, and Reb Red only 3 ahead of him. Where has everyone gone? I hope I’m wrong (maybe they didn't update in a while), but to me it seems like a reflection of the human condition. WE CAN’T BEAT THIS BEAST ALONE. He’s an angel and we are mere humans. the only chance we have, is emulating Reb Eerie, when you’re at a weak moment call your friend and together we can beat him. There’s strength in numbers.

Fellow GYEers take note of a true hero, who isn’t afraid to admit that he’s human, now that’s a true superman.

Re: It's all in the name 11 Aug 2024 20:23 #418910

• redfaced
  • Current streak: 475 days
  • Platinum Boarder
amevakesh wrote on 11 Aug 2024 19:31:
Hard not to respect a real superman. What the world depicts as superman should really be called superangel - someone who is above all desires. A real superman, has desires, wants, and needs, but he does what it takes to deal with them correctly, even if it entails humbling himself before someone smaller than him. As R’ Yiftach mentioned somewhere on a different thread, making yourself vulnerable is a sign of strength. Only someone with a healthy dose of self confidence has what it takes to admit that there are forces that G-d created that are stronger then a human being can deal with on his own. 

A sobering, somewhat frightful thought. I often enjoy scrolling through the wall of honor, taking note of what place I’m in, where my friend are at, noticing when people make it on to the wall. A few months ago when I was well over 250 days clean, I noticed that there about 10 people between myself and Reb CO, another 5 between him and Reb Redfaced. We’re talking about people who were clean for the better part of a year. I look back at the wall recently and I noticed that Reb CO is only 2 ahead of me, and Reb Red only 3 ahead of him. Where has everyone gone? I hope I’m wrong (maybe they didn't update in a while), but to me it seems like a reflection of the human condition. WE CAN’T BEAT THIS BEAST ALONE. He’s an angel and we are mere humans. the only chance we have, is emulating Reb Eerie, when you’re at a weak moment call your friend and together we can beat him. There’s strength in numbers.

Fellow GYEers take note of a true hero, who isn’t afraid to admit that he’s human, now that’s a true superman.

Updated - hope things changed 
May you slide down the banister of happiness and get many splinters of success up your career

Feel free to send me an owl, a howler, or even a Crumple-Horned Snorkack to Iamredfaced@gmail.com

guardyoureyes.com/forum/19-Introduce-Yourself/416899-The-Red-Face
Time to create page: 0.68 seconds

Are you sure?

Yes